PDA

View Full Version : Bat Book Update

rose14
02-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Does anyone know when this book will be released. I signed up several months ago and I believe my subscription is about to run out. Do they still send the book out on a subscription that has run out but the book was to be given out when they signed up?

cjmedina1
02-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Thats a good question.I thought since there has been delays on the book GUU was going to give everyone 1 free year of membership.I could be wrong.Maybe Eric can clear this up.As for the book Mike S did post about seeing te book when he had lunch with Malta and Chris C.

cjmedina1
02-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I for got look in the shipping records for some info about the book.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

ChrisCavalier
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know when this book will be released. I signed up several months ago and I believe my subscription is about to run out. Do they still send the book out on a subscription that has run out but the book was to be given out when they signed up?
Hello Todd,

Let me answer you questions here and we also plan to send out emails to all book purchasers with this information.

Mr. Malta's book is currently at the printers and it is expected to be released sometime around the middle of March. Please note that we are being sent final copies of the book directly from the printer and, while we have had no control over the release date, we will be mailing them to those who have purchased them on the GUU site as soon as we get them.

As for your membership, your receiving the book has nothing to do with your membership expiration as your membership renewal applies to the benefits on the GUU site. Thus, you will be receiving the book regardless of whether or not you renew.

Lastly, I did have lunch with Mr. Malta and Mike Specht last week where Vince gave me an advanced copy of the book. Basically, the copy I received has everything that will be in the final version only mine is spiral bound unlike the actual book that will have more conventional binding. I will say that the book is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST INCREDIBLE RESOURCE TOOL FOR BAT COLLECTORS I HAVE EVER SEEN. In fact, Mike Specht wrote a preview of what the book contains as you will find in the following thread:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=7104

Please feel free to let me know if that answers your questions and, once again, please note that you will be receiving your copy as soon the final version of the book is released.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier