PDA

View Full Version : Photomatch?

kylehess10
02-25-2007, 12:45 PM
I believe I may have photomatched my Eli Marrero 2006 game worn helmet to a spring training game on March 26,2006 but I'd like to get a few opinions first. I found a few things that match up:

The number "16" is placed about a centimeter more to the right
The "6" in "16" appears to be placed on just a tiny tiny bit higher than the "1"
There is a tiny white mark on the MLB logo which is just below the arm of the guy in the logo (I circled the mark I am talking about in the second & third pic) which I can see in the photo of Marrero when zoomed in.
It appears that the "1" in "16" was made wrong and there is more white border on the right side than on the lefthttp://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/3.jpg
Helmet in the picture:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/ctmpphpSj7Sno-1.jpg
The helmet I have:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/marrerohelmetpossiblephotomatch2.jpg

ironmanfan
02-25-2007, 01:12 PM
NOT a photo-match & it's pretty easy to spot. Look at the factory "split" below the 16 where the ear-flap & other bottom part of helmet are joined. Unless it's me, the "split" on the pictured helmet is beneath the 6. The "split" the helmet in your collection is directly to the right of the 1 & splits the "Killebrew" logo right in the middle of his helmet. The Killebrew logo is split at his bat in the pictured one. Does this make sense?

kylehess10
02-25-2007, 01:23 PM
NOT a photo-match & it's pretty easy to spot. Look at the factory "split" below the 16 where the ear-flap & other bottom part of helmet are joined. Unless it's me, the "split" on the pictured helmet is beneath the 6. The "split" the helmet in your collection is directly to the right of the 1 & splits the "Killebrew" logo right in the middle of his helmet. The Killebrew logo is split at his bat in the pictured one. Does this make sense?

I know what you mean. I was looking at that mark too but I don't think that is the split. Look on the left and right side of the number and you can see other "splits". I looks to me as just a reflection of something else

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/sdfasdfasdfasd.jpg

Swoboda4
02-25-2007, 01:37 PM
It's not a match because of the number 6. In the photo the top right portion of the 6 is at a 2 o'clock to 7o'clock( angle). Your helmet's number 6 top portion is at a 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock (flat across).

DrJ
02-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Good catch swoboda - I was almost convienced until you pointed that out.

kylehess10
02-25-2007, 02:38 PM
It's not a match because of the number 6. In the photo the top right portion of the 6 is at a 2 o'clock to 7o'clock( angle). Your helmet's number 6 top portion is at a 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock (flat across).

I get what you mean but I don't think that's possible. I don't think that they would have different angled number's for their helmets. Plus, here is a 2006 Kaz Matsui helmet from the AM auction and it's the same number as Marrero's (he wore 16 after Marrero was traded) and the 6 is the same angle as mine.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/ctmpphpm6OUlb.jpg

momen55
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
not the same helmet, sorry to say. in relation to the mold seam, the numbers and logo are in different locations. your helmet has the seam in the middle of where the numbers were placed. the logo is almost centered with the seam.
now look at the marrero helmet and look at the seam. they don't match.

bubbrubb25
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
But that picture is from spring training and during the season sometin=me the could have put a new 6 on the helmet.

kylehess10
02-25-2007, 07:21 PM
But that picture is from spring training and during the season sometin=me the could have put a new 6 on the helmet.

I'm a little confused with what you said. Are you saying that they removed the "6" and put on a new one?

suave1477
02-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok am I missing something here?

In the actual photo of Marrerro the MLB logo is blue and white and Kylehess's helmet the MLB logo is blue white and red

kylehess10
02-25-2007, 09:35 PM
Ok am I missing something here?

In the actual photo of Marrerro the MLB logo is blue and white and Kylehess's helmet the MLB logo is blue white and red

Both the helmet I have and the one in the picture is purple/white. Where are you seeing red at?

stkmtimo
02-26-2007, 09:02 AM
Both the helmet I have and the one in the picture is purple/white. Where are you seeing red at?

Check out the right of the MLB logo - it looks like the red has faded a bit, but it's still there.

Tim

kylehess10
02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Check out the right of the MLB logo - it looks like the red has faded a bit, but it's still there.

Tim

That's actually a whitish silver color

bubbrubb25
02-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Ive herd that if the numbers on the back of the players helmet gets ripped or is falling off they put a new number on so they could have taken the number 6 off and put a new one on.