PDA

View Full Version : Giambi and McGwire jersey's on EBAY

whatupyos
03-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Hello forum members:

Currently on EBAY are a Giambi game used 2001 home

http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-JASON-GIAMBI-GAME-USED-OAKLAND-As-JERSEY-MEARS-COA_W0QQitemZ250089519306QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60597Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2500 89519306

and a McGwire 1993 home game used

http://cgi.ebay.com/1993-MARK-McGWIRE-GAME-USED-OAKLAND-As-JERSEY-MEARS-COA_W0QQitemZ250089516386QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60597Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2500 89516386

Any thoughts on both? I know the seller used to be a member of the forum or perhaps still is. How is he in terms of dealing with? The jerseys look good, however, the numbers on the front (to me anyway) don't seem to match up to photos I've been looking at. The 1 on Giambi's looks to be between the "t" and "i" in Athletics but not in any photos that I can find. Also the McGwire, the "25" doesn't seem to line up with the "Athletics" script. On the photo of the jersey, it appears the "25" is past the "Athletics" script but on photos, the "s" at the end of "Athletics" seems to pass the allignment of the "25". Forgive me for not being able to provide better examples/description. I'm pretty computer dumb when it comes to adding pictures. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Aaron
SunDevil2126628@aol.com

skyking26
03-01-2007, 07:59 AM
With a MEARS coa, I would feel quite confident. You could inquire to a guy like Howard Wolf, whom in my opinion is tops with Mac stuff...

Bob

whatupyos
03-03-2007, 02:49 AM
Hello Forum members:

I just happen to notice something with the Mac jersey. Look very closely at the 5 on the front of the jersey and compare it to the picture on the baseball card...see it? They don't match up...see how much space there is between the top part of the number 5 and the rounded part right below on the card...compared to the actual jersey on EBAY which has barely any space!! CONTENT REMOVED Any thoughts?

Aaron

Yankwood
03-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Regarding the Giambi-Why do people put pictures of players in the ads with the jersey if they don't even match? Everyone here knows what Giambi looks like. And with the shirt NOT matching the one in the pictures of him, it offers nothing.

suave1477
03-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Regarding the Giambi-Why do people put pictures of players in the ads with the jersey if they don't even match? Everyone here knows what Giambi looks like. And with the shirt NOT matching the one in the pictures of him, it offers nothing.

If I am understanding your question correctly and if im not I apologize but heres the answer to your question.

It is a selling tactic, thats it nothing more.
Some sellers maybe actually trying to pass off the Jersey as being the same one in the picture but for the most part it is just being used for visual appeal.
I personally, when selling my products will include a picture of the player whether he is in the same exact Jersey or not just to give the consumer the visual appeal of the player in the Jersey, in a major League Game, etc....

Does McDonalds give you the same exact burger in there pictures NO, but the pictures make you think about a juicy burger and all you really get is a cheap piece of meat covered in grease.

I hope this answers your question!!!