PDA

View Full Version : Lou Lampson - Who's he affiliated with?

hiramman
03-07-2007, 07:56 AM
As I've seen through various threads, I also would prefer to shy away from items containing a Lou Lampson Letter of Authenticity on game-used items. Which auction houses does he currently authenticate for? Many auction items state that they contain LOA's or COA's, but don't specifically say who on their staff has authenticated the piece. Is it proper to ask them specifically signed the authentication papers and will they respond with that info? Just wondering.

allstarsplus
03-07-2007, 11:11 AM
Mastronet doesn't list Lou Lampson as an Authenticator on their site curiously enough, but last year they had several items on auction where he was the authenticator including a Jeter Yankees jersey with ZERO provenance. It could be the items were submitted with his LOA attached.

Lou Lampson has many authenticated items on Vintage Authentics, Bricol, and American Memorabilia.

There are probably others too if anyone wants to add to the list.

On the Bricol site: All game used jerseys are authenticated by Lou Lampson. Each lot authenticated by Lou Lampson will come with a Lou Lampson LOA unless otherwise indicated.

On the American Memorabilia site: Game Used Memorabilia - 100% Authentic/Lou Lampson

Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as a foremost authority and analyst in the field. He has authenticated for the National Sports Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, The College Football HOF, Texas Sports HOF, Upper Deck Authenticated and the hobby's major auction houses. Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting, authenticating and appraising game used uniforms and related equipment. He owns an extensive game used collection covering all four major sports, including numerous, unique, "Perfect 10" representations and has an astonishing 8,000 plus uniform-related photos in his reference library.

On Vintage Authentics, you get a Lou Lampson #'d hologram and LOA!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are lucky, you get a rating like this 8.5 I couldn't find the rating criteria anywhere on their site though.

http://pics1.edeal.com/images/p2/wl/vintageauth/docs/bradshaw83gujerslou8-5.jpg