PDA

View Full Version : Getty Images

Pages : [1] 2

admin
11-18-2005, 02:03 AM
Getty Images...?

November 13 2005 at 2:17 PM G.Todd (biggamebird@yahoo.com) (Login 33bird (http://www.network54.com/Profile/33bird))

Was wondering if anybody knows if you can buy single prints of pictures from Getty Images? Or are all their pictures for marketing? There are a couple of Larry Bird pictures I would like to have from them, but I couldn't find a way to purchase them. Thanks for your help.

[/URL]AuthorReply

Chris Wilson
(Login [URL="http://www.network54.com/Profile/SDteams"]SDteams (http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/post?messageid=1131909470))
Getty Images

November 14 2005, 12:20 AM
Hello,

I recently contacted Getty Images about purchasing several pictures from their archives. Unless you represent another media source, they really don't want to deal with you. They will, however, sell you the photo(s) you desire if you are willing to buy,let's say,100 or so copies of the same photo.
This was my experience. Perhaps you should contact G/I yourself and see what they have to say. GOOD LUCK!

Chris

davidcycleback
(Login drcycleb (http://www.network54.com/Profile/drcycleb))
Re: Getty Images

November 14 2005, 3:32 AM
Getty and Corbis are in the business of supply images to newspapers, magazines and books, so you pretty much have to be a publisher to get the big clear images. They are like Associated Press and UPI. If they knew how much game used collectors used their searches, they might not be so exclusive.
http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1124389793.JPG both-teams-played-hard
(Login both-teams-played-hard (http://www.network54.com/Profile/both-teams-played-hard))
Watermarks...

November 14 2005, 12:16 PM
Anybody ever use photoshop to remove a Getty watermark from a photo?

Swoboda4 (bazil221b@aol.com)
(Login swoboda4 (http://www.network54.com/Profile/swoboda4))
Watermark

November 14 2005, 12:30 PM
No-I haven't,but from looking at both Getty and Corbis' watermark it would appear to be easier to photoshop Corbis.

Greg (otismalibu@yahoo.com)
(Login otismalibu (http://www.network54.com/Profile/otismalibu))
SI Pictures

November 14 2005, 1:04 PM
I asked them about purchasing pics and they quoted me $400 for a 16x20.

http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1124389793.JPG both-teams-played-hard (b-t-p-h@earthlink.net)
(Login both-teams-played-hard (http://www.network54.com/Profile/both-teams-played-hard))
Re: Watermark

November 14 2005, 1:10 PM
Getty recently added to their watermark, making it larger and more difficult to alter. They realize folks steal their images and many photos have extra logos as watermarks (ie NBA logo), and different companies who own the images. Corbis' watermark is much, much lighter, but larger and harder to remove. I've heard that the "original" watermark that said "gettyimages" could be removed on photoshop with a little patience...this is the only watermark on many vintage photos...recent photos ALL have detailed watermarks that are difficult to alter.

*disclaimer
This activity is illegal and I do not endorse altering copywritten images.

G. Todd (biggamebird@yahoo.com)
(Login 33bird (http://www.network54.com/Profile/33bird))
Other image sites?

November 14 2005, 4:35 PM
Who, besides Gettys and Corbis, is a good site to find sports pictures? Is there any others out there (besides google and yahoo seaches)? Let me know. thanks.

http://www.network54.com/PersonalPhotos/1124389793.JPG both-teams-played-hard
A must for Basketball Fans!

November 14 2005, 5:21 PM
All from the same photographer...prints are available at a reasonable price.
http://bermansports.com/ (http://bermansports.com/)

G. Todd (biggamebird@yahoo.com)
(Login 33bird (http://www.network54.com/Profile/33bird))
Any others..

November 14 2005, 5:29 PM
that's a great site for the 1970s. What about for the 1980's NBA or pro sports in general? LMK. Thanks.

beantown
01-01-2006, 04:45 PM
Hello...I know many collectors use Getty Images to reference player photos, however, I can't seem to get the thumbnail images to load into a larger picture...am I doing something wrong?

LEGEND33
01-02-2006, 02:17 PM
hello from Italy,
same problem with the thumbnail for about 3 weeks, now is all OK....!!!???
and i still don't know why,
Alberto

BULBUS
01-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi, can someone please instruct me on how to download images from gettyimages.com? I created an account, put pictures in my cart, but that is as far as I got. Nothing happens when I click on calculate price. When I click on help, nothing happens as well. What am I doing wrong????

Thanks,
Chris

gameused
01-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Chris,

On Getty I think you have to have a corporate account and belong to a newspaper or other publication group. It would be great if collectors could purchase photos from getty.

Bobby

hblakewolf
01-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Bobby-
MeiGray has an agreement with Getty, allowing individual photos to be purchased. I have no idea how much they are, or the specific details, however, I suggest contacting the folks at MeiGray to find out.

hope this helps.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

weimerskirch
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
Team,

Howard and Bobby are correct in that many of the photos on Getty's can only be purchased by organizations for publications, ads, in-house corporate newsletters, etc. I am in the process of opening up an account. The pricing differs depending on quite a few criteria. Ex. How will the photo be used?, How long do you want permission to use the photo? How many copies will your organization make. I can give you an example on pricing. I am purchasing the rights to a couple of photos so I can enlarge them and put them in my corporate office. The cost to purchase the rights is $220.00 US. This right allows me to print off 1 photo (20x30) and that is it. I cannot make additional photos and I do not have the rights to sell the photo period. If so, I would be in a world of litigation. So the total cost to put one photo in my corporate office in roughly $285.00 US as this includes a $65.00 from my marketing/printing company that I use.

If I can be of any other assistance please email me at www.mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com (http://www.mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com)

Sincerely,

Mark Weimerskirch
Partner
Risk Solutions International
1330 Avenue of the Americas, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10019
212.842.1587 office
313.354.3904 cell
www.rsi-llc.com (http://www.rsi-llc.com)

kellsox
02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm fairly new to the game used bat hobby but a regular reader of the forum. My question is regarding the getty images website. How can I make the smaller images larger. When I try to click on any of the links for a particular image, nothing happens. Any help is appreciated. kelly

pietraynor
02-23-2006, 09:56 AM
Did you try double clicking on the image? Works for me.

BULBUS
02-24-2006, 10:52 AM
i have the same problem at home, but at work i can click on them and they enlarge in a pop up window. maybe it has something to do with the pop up settings. i dont know???

kellsox
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the help. I emailed Getty and they called me shortly after. I tried to turn off my explorer/google popup blocker and I was still having problems. What they suggested was to turn off the popup blocker on Norton Internet Security. This worked- I am still able to keep my explorer/google blocker on w/o any problems.

gameusedfan
03-17-2006, 01:53 PM
I was wondering how you can "buy" images from GI, Corbis, etc. I have some game worns and would like to include pictures of that particular player wearing my jersey. The pictures would be small and would not be distributed. I did a dry run to find out how much a picture would cost and Getty came back with a charge of $220 with the assumption i would be using the picture for mass print. This question does not just relate to GI, but for all similar services. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Roger

kylehess10
03-17-2006, 11:35 PM
$220? That's it? When I tried to buy a photo they wanted $1800,lol

brianborsch
03-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, how did you get it to be just $220? Please let me know the exact options you selected because my request came out to like $2200. Ridiculous I tell ya. I tried to write them to explain what I want and why, asking them for a price. And this is what I don't understand, I got no response! I mean ifyou are a business, you would think you would respond if someone is inquiring to buy a product. Anyways, they suck.

kylehess10
03-18-2006, 11:16 AM
You can still "save picture as" but the getty images logo will just be over the photo.

PJK
03-18-2006, 11:35 AM
This service has never been for the general public you must remember . Getty, Corbis etc. are out there to provide images for the media and nothing else. MeiGray does have a deal with Getty to provide images for there NHL deal, but it's not cheap.

BarryMeisel
03-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Hi everybody,

PJK, I respectfully disagree with your assertion that our pricing "it's not cheap." If you are going to make that claim, you ought to have presented our pricing structure so collectors can decide for themselves.

Yes, we have a deal with Getty to make photo-matches available for the NHL jerseys we sell.

Pricing is scaled based on the value of the jersey.

Prices are as follows for photos of jerseys purchased through MeiGray:
$35 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $495 or less.
$50 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $500-$695.
$75 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $700-$2,495.
$100 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $2,500 or more.

Prices are as follows for photos of jerseys not purchased through MeiGray:
$100 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $1,495 or less.
$150 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $1,500-$2,495.
$200 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $2,500-$3,995.
$250 for an 8 X10 photographic LOA for jerseys valued at $4,000 or more.

We believe that pricing structure is very reasonable considering:

1. Getty services the media, not individual consumers; and
2. A photographic letter of authenticity with rock-solid photo match significantly enhances the value of any game-worn jersey; and
3. This service includes lifetime registration into the MeiGrade System. Collectors have come to use the MeiGrade System database to ensure the jerseys they are buying on the secondary market are legit.

A good example was the game-issued Arod discussed recently on this Forum. It was sold in the secondary market as game-used. Had the purchaser checked before buying it, the purchaser would have learned that the jersey was game-issued, and not game-used as claimed by a dealer who did not forward the MGS paperwork but replaced it with a factually incorrect letter of authenticity.

As has been discussed here before, MeiGray defines photo-match as an exact match of the exact jersey based on physical evidence found on the photo, and on the jersey (stick marks, tears, imperfections, dirt stains, etc).

We signed a deal with Getty to service collectors of game-worn hockey jerseys through our NHL-MeiGray partnership. If there is enough interest from members on this Forum, I will look into Getty's interest in allowing us to offer collectors single-use purchasing opportunities of photo-matches.

Let me know,
Thanks,

Barry

hblakewolf
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
Barry and fellow Forum Readers-

Barry notes that there may be an opportunity to purchase non-NHL photos if the demand is great enough. Folks, this is an unreal opportunity and I for one would love to have a chance to purchase several photos that perfectly match quite a few of my Phillies jerseys.

Barry, put my name on the top of the list and let me know when I can send you my first request.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

BaseballGM
03-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't see why you feel that there should be two tiers of pricing. More people would be interested if not for the high prices of non-purchased MeiGray jerseys.

RobSteinmetz
03-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Count me in as someone who would be very excited about the opportunity to purchase images from Getty at a more reasonable price. About 3 months ago I purchased 2 images from them, and I ended up paying just over $200 each (for personal use, NOT for publication). If you are trying to buy a photo that matches up with a $250 jersey, it's probably not worth it - but for gloves, bats, and jerseys that are more valuable, paying $100 or so for a photo is very reasonable.

trsent
03-18-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't see why you feel that there should be two tiers of pricing. More people would be interested if not for the high prices of non-purchased MeiGray jerseys.

So, MeiGray should do this as a public service?

There is two prices because they profit off items you buy from them, and if you are not buying an item and just a photo, they have to pay for that photo so their reasoning is acceptable.

Looking at the responses from Rob and Howard I do not see any issues.

BaseballGM
03-18-2006, 07:35 PM
If they were doing that as a public service than it would be free. My point was that charging those prices (almost 3x) is unreasonable for me. I don't own higher end items so paying $100 for a photo doesn't make sense. -Kevin

kylehess10
03-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Here's a way to get your photo matched picture for 19 cents. Find the picture you want (I usually use google images cuz theres no logo across the photo). Then simply print it using walmarts online photo center. It's the same price as regular photos (19 cents each for a 4x6). I actually just got some printed today. I got a few 5x7 pics printed to get autographed since I can't afford to buy tons of photos. They have really nice color AND it's on high-quality paper. Also it only cost me $2 which was already paid by credit card when I first ordered them on walmart. Here's a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/photo-center?path=0%3A5426&dept=5426

icollectDCsports
03-19-2006, 12:39 AM
I get tired of people busting on MeiGray for offering something that would not otherwise be available to the general public. I'd love the opportunity to get similarly priced images for my non-NHL game used items.

EndzoneSports
03-28-2006, 04:23 AM
Barry:

Please sign me up as at least one more intrested non-hockey party and count me as the 3rd in line.

worldchamps
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Ok, I saw some previous posts so I wanted to ask if anyone has ever purchased an image from them. going through the pricing it looks as if I purchase the picture it is $220. How does this work? Do they send the image to you as a computer file, negative?

Basically I want to purcahse an immage and have it printed on a canvas, I believe the term is art glicee.

Is this somethign where I can take this to a phtography shop and have them print it up.

If you have seen the Tiger Woods Signed Masters Flag display where there is an image of him put on canvas and then a Masters Flag displayed above it, this is what I am looking at doing.

Thanks for any help

Worldchamps

On a side note, what would stop someone from buying one of these images, and printing up 1000's of 8x10's and selling them???

suave1477
03-28-2006, 04:45 PM
World champs how about the cost!!!

It cost you $220 to buy it
It costs at your local photo shop to print each photo $5 x 1000 = $5000
Also is there that much demand for that particular photo that your really going to sell a 1000?

So lets do the math.
$5,000
$220
+ demand

= chances are your going to be stuck with a lot of photos

PK
03-28-2006, 04:55 PM
I am also pretty sure you have to be a professional photograpger or a business that deals with media outlets to purchase photos from Getty. I do not think they sell to individuals.

suave1477
03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
from last i heard they do sell to individuals but its costly

worldchamps
03-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Well that was all on a side note, I was just thinking.

My real question is I really wanted to know if anyone had purchased from them and how it works. There is one image that would be worth that to me, if I could get it blown up and put on canvas.

I am wanting to replica an Upper Deck Item, and by going this route I think it could be done at a 1/4 of the cost.

weimerskirch
03-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Team,

The poster was correct on pricing. Getty Images will permit the buyer to upload the photo for $220.00. This is Getty's fee to print one photo. If you want to print 2 or more the price goes up. The pricing is based on quantity, what you are going to use the file for, and for how long you want permission to use the file. I do not know if they offer their services to individuals. As the partner in a company that I own, I am having our marketing/printing firm purchase two baseball photos for me for $220.00 each. They will then enlarge each picture (in my case 20" x 30") for $80.00 each so I have a total of $600.00 for two photos.

I would not go down the road of printing more photos than you are authorized to print. If you are caught the fines could be in the tens of thousands of dollars, plus you will be sued in their state, which I believe is NY....It is just not worth it....besides it is stealing.

If you want the name of my marketing firm you can email me at mweimerskirch@rsi-llc.com

Take care

Mark

worldchamps
03-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the help Mark, that is actually what I wanted to know. For $300 I could have a nice image blown up on a canvas.

Yeah I regret the statement I made on multiple copies, I would not be interesting in doing that anyways even if I could.

From everything I can gather, anyone, either a business or indidvual can do this.

Take care

Nathan
03-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Before going directly through Getty, you may want to contact Barry Meisel of the MeiGray Group (www.meigray.com). He's worked out a deal with Getty to allow for greater access to their photographic database and, depending on what the overall volume they've had with that deal, may be more helpful (and cheaper) than going through Getty directly.

baltos
03-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Here's a way to get your photo matched picture for 19 cents. Find the picture you want (I usually use google images cuz theres no logo across the photo). Then simply print it using walmarts online photo center. It's the same price as regular photos (19 cents each for a 4x6). I actually just got some printed today. I got a few 5x7 pics printed to get autographed since I can't afford to buy tons of photos. They have really nice color AND it's on high-quality paper. Also it only cost me $2 which was already paid by credit card when I first ordered them on walmart. Here's a link to it:

http://www.walmart.com/photo-center?path=0%3A5426&dept=5426

What you just described is known as copyright infringement and can cost you in the tens of thousands if he copyright holder were to persue a lawsuit.

I would not recommend this very unethical and criminal way of saving a few bucks.

PK
03-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Right now, Barry and Meigray only sell photos of hockey jerseys purchesed through Meigray. They use the service as a way to photo match the hockey jerseys Meigray sells.

Barry said in another thread that if there is enought interest, he would look into other sports. So giving him a shout would let him know there is interest in other sports, but I doubt he can get you the photo you are looking for unless it is a Hockey photo

stkmtimo
07-24-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't want to sound like I'm ignorant, but do you have to pay for Getty Images now? I know that you can still look at the thumbnails for free but I can no longer get the regular-sized photos that I used to be able to get by clicking on them. Is this a problem I'm only having or do you have to pay for the privelege of looking at them?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

BULBUS
07-24-2006, 02:49 PM
try disableing your pop-up blocker for that website.

trsent
07-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I am not having problems accessing their images as usual.

stkmtimo
07-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys. Must be my computer. I tried it on a different one and it's fine. I'll try and figure it out here!

Tim

JD&TANMAN
08-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Could someone please post a link to there site, thanks

pietraynor
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Try gettyimages.com

indyred
08-03-2006, 12:13 PM
I know Meigray has a deal in place with getty on photomatching jerseys. Would be cool if other companys dealing in game used stuff worked on photomatching specific items.

sandman02910
12-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Has anyone had any recent contact with Jay of jgulinosports.com. I received my first order from him about a month ago and everything was fantastic. I have been trying to email him for about 10 days to place another order but have not received a response. Does anyone know the best way to contact him.
Thanks
Scott Sawyer

worldchamps
12-07-2006, 04:18 PM
I sent an email to him yesterday and haven't heard back, in the past he has been very fast to reply back. Maybe he is on vacation?

thomecollector
12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I got some pics from him about a month ago. They were great. Try to call him. he may be listed.

jon_8_us
12-07-2006, 05:22 PM
My dealing with him are A+.Great photo's and service.He must be away.
jon

RKGIBSON
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I receive a shippment from him 2 weeks ago. I was shorted 5 photos which I paid him up front for. I emailed him a week and a half ago and ask for the photos or for him to refund the $25.00 and have no response as of today.

Roger

sandman02910
12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Did anyone else receive an email from Jay about a week ago stating that he was selling hundreds of stocked up photos in one shot and a second email stating that he was also selling a couple hundred signed photos also in one shot. I hope he didn't sell everything off and is no longer in business. It was a great deal I have only been able to take advantage of once so far.

Mike Grueber
12-08-2006, 06:50 AM
My last order was also short 8 photos He agreed to include the photos as part of my next order, which I placed two weeks ago. I hven't received that order yet, despite the fact that I received most of my previous orders in less than one week I'm beginning to get a little worried.

Mike Grueber

34swtns
12-09-2006, 01:58 AM
I e-mailed him last week regarding some photos and have received no response.

NegleyPirate
12-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Is this the same person you guys are talking about? Here's a link to one of his Ebay auctions: http://cgi.ebay.com/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-SIDNEY-CROSBY-16X20-PHOTO-36_W0QQitemZ270031063495QQihZ017QQcategoryZ780QQss PageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2700310 63495
I was looking for some Penguin pictures. LMK if this any help or if anyone has dealt with this ebayer.
Thanks,

NegleyPirate
12-09-2006, 10:49 PM
Here's a link to the web site:
http://www.jgulinosports.com/
Is this the place you guys got the pictures from??
PLMK

sandman02910
12-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes this is the site. I havn't been able to get him to respond to any emails in over a week.

NegleyPirate
12-09-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes this is the site. I havn't been able to get him to respond to any emails in over a week.Did you try asking him questions from Ebay? He has auctions on there now. Maybe his regular email address is down. Just a thought. I would like to get some pictures also.
Thanks

sandman02910
12-09-2006, 11:15 PM
The second you posted the Ebay link I was thinking the same thing. He was pretty quick to respond to the first order I sent about a month ago and the pictures were great. I really hope to do more business with him.
Thanks for the great suggestion
Scott

Mike Grueber
12-10-2006, 11:10 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I received a reply from Jay yesterday. He was unexpectedly out of town for three weeks, but has now returned.

Mike Grueber

34swtns
12-11-2006, 01:40 PM
Yep, I heard from him today as well.

beavisrules
12-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I have never ordered from jgulinosports before - is it pretty much $5 for any getty image (8 by 10) that you find a number for in the getty database? any insight into ordering would be helpful, thanks for your time

otismalibu
12-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Beavis,

I just sent a list of the photo (by Getty number) and that was pretty much it.

Your photo will often be somewhat cropped, so it won't be exactly like the Getty image. You may lose a little from the edges.

I may try the 11x14 size next time to try and limit the vertical cropping.

TNTtoys
02-12-2007, 07:00 PM
Some of you are probably going to laugh after reading this, and some of you probably understand my frustration.

I have been trying now for 2 days, and have to ask the blatently obvious question -- How do you buy a Getty image from their site?!?!

I have gone around in circles on the website, and then attempted to contact them in person -- which did not work either. Any insight from someone who has done this before would be great.

otismalibu
02-12-2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=6834

TNTtoys
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Greg,

I saw that post -- all that told me was that it is not in the rules here to buy these images off of Getty's site.. but I want to know how you buy them ON their site...

If my question is unclear, here is an example of what I am talking about:

1. I sign in (I have created an account a couple of days ago)
2. I run a search. For example "Keith Hernandez"
3. I select an image, add to my cart
4. I try to check out, and then all the fun begins...

The price of the photo is set to $0.00, and there is a button to "calculate price" which leads me to a series of prompts of which none of the criteria apply to me. I tried a few options, though they did not quite apply, and the price that was calculated was astronomical... basically it was as if I was licensing the photo for some commercial use. I just want to display the photo in my home next to a jersey...

I don't know where to go from here.

I called Getty and have been transferred to someone's voice mail a couple of times. This guy doesn't call back... so I'm stuck.

Has anyone ordered from this site before? If so, how.

kylehess10
02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't believe you can buy a photo directly from getty unless you buy the rights to the photo also (I tried once and they wanted like $1500). I'm not sure if I'm able to post the e-mail here anymore but if you'd like to know where to get the $5 8x10 photos from getty then e-mail me at kylehess941@hotmail.com and I'll reply back with the e-mail to the guy that does it

otismalibu
02-12-2007, 09:12 PM
TNTtoys,

Sorry, I wasn't aware that one could buy images directly from Getty. I emailed them once upon a time and they told me they don't sell to the public.

I sent the same email to SI and they said they would sell me a nice print for $400 :)

Now I try and hunt down prints being sold by the original photographer. Have purchased prints from newspapers too.

hirammn
02-13-2007, 03:26 PM
I keep reading about researching images on Getty. Is there a cost and what is the address?

JRocker49
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
go to www.gettyimages.com (http://www.gettyimages.com)
then you can look for photos of nay player they want a arm and a leg to buy from them but there are people who dell sell the photos from there but we cannot give out any information on the forum as how to come by those photos

hirammn
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Thanks JRocker49!

jayt1234
04-20-2007, 01:38 PM
DO you need to be a member to get images on this site? I amy be going to the wrong place could someone please provide a link to there website where sports photos can be viewed?

Thank You

Jay T

TNTtoys
04-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Getty images are ultra-expensive to license if you deal with the company directly. I spoke to them one evening, and they advised me to go to photofile.com as a cheap altermative...
but if you're just looking to view the images and not purchase them, you should be able to join the Getty website and be able to browse without any problems or cost. The photos are all watermarked with a Getty logo unless purchased -- but this should suffice if you're just doing research.

metsbats
06-01-2007, 09:42 PM
If you want to see some nice images of numbers on knobs do a search on "bat rack" on GETTY.

There are some nice images that come back!

Enjoy!
David

jayt1234
06-10-2007, 08:38 AM
There is a phot on Getty Image i would love to buy a 16 x 20 print of. Does anyoe know how this is possible?

It is a photo of Akin Ayodele from The Giants game this year and I am certain there are no retail photos availabe as he is not a big enough player.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73314797.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBEC7EE0F9AD266B00

Thank You

Jay

kylehess10
06-10-2007, 11:10 AM
e-mail me at kylehess941@hotmail.com and I can give you some info on how you can get one

Game Used Bats
07-01-2007, 04:58 PM
I am looking to photo match a Derek Jeter Game Used Bat. I have found what i believe to be the bat in Getty picture #74088276. If you can help me please contact me at RichardsonA742@aol.com or reply to the post.

Thanks!!

Anthony

Swoboda4
07-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Right click any photo and choose,"save photo as". It will go in "My Pictures" file. Hit Start at the bottom left of your screen. Then click on "Documents" The file should be there or in "my pictures". Right click the photo file and it will come up with the ability to enlarge. ------ Or simply right click and drag the photo to the top of the space bar and release the right click. A window will immediately open with the ability to enlarge/reverse turn around etc the photo.

Swoboda4
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Make sure you click on the getty photo to enlarge it first then apply part one of my suggestion. Part 2 works for Corbis not Getty.

Jason
07-02-2007, 01:32 AM
Here ya go. I enlarged it by 300% and ran a couple of pixel and sharpening filters on it. it's not as great as the full size getty image, but its not too bad.

http://gameusedgallery.com/images/jeter.jpg

EndzoneSports
07-26-2007, 10:49 AM
In a recent correspondence with a collector, it occurred to me that, while collectors who are long-time users of online photo resources are well versed at searching sites such as Getty Images, many a novice might not be familiar enough with this site to take advantage of its full potential as a reference resource.

While Getty Images offers but one of several similar site, I have generally found this to be the most useful in regards to modern NFL jerseys. Other sites may be found to be more appropriate for other genres.

To most efficiently utilize this site, here are a few tips:

go to Getty's Editorial/Sport page (at http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Editorial/Sports.aspx (http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Editorial/Sports.aspx))
You can search for specific/relevant items, by specifying player's name, date, team, etc. When trying to photo-match/style-match a particular player's jersey from a specif year, use both name and date as search criteria in the search field. For example, if trying to locate an image of Broncos' QB John Elway from 1986, enter 'Elway +1986'. This specific search would yield 28 results.
From the resulting search page, clicking on each thumbnail photo will yield a pop-up window which includes a larger photo image along with image information such as the photo's date, caption, and rights information.
One caveat re: given dates... While most of the recent images are specifically dated to the particular image, some older photos are dated based on when they were submitted. In the days preceding the age of electronic communication, many photographers would submit all photos to at the end of a given season. For example, if you are searching for photos of John Elway from his rookie season (searched as 'Elway +1983'), the first photo brought up is dated 1 Sep 1984, with a caption stating, "John Elway calls the play to his offense during a 1983 football game..."Other photo resources also include Corbis (http://pro.corbis.com/) and Icon Sports Media (http://www.iconsportsmedia.com/).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

aeneas01
07-26-2007, 02:07 PM
i would also like to add that the following:

- keep in mind that nfl seasons overlap two calendar years; consequently a photo returned for the search criteria "1998" could actually be from the 1997 season.

- while photo services such as getty do a very good job cataloging photos by date whenever possible, they are not immune to error. i have found more than a few errors by cross-checking with nfl stat sites such as:

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/teams.nsf/histories/broncos

for example a photo service caption may state that a photo of tony doresett is from a november 22, 1981 game between the green bay packers and the dallas cowboys. but after cross-checking you may find that the packers and cowboys never played each other during the 1981 season.

- "wire image" could be the best photo service available but requires a $75 fee to view the larger photos - the $75 fee gives you a one-month access to the database and the larger photos. the "sports attic" is also a good source for vintage nfl photos: http://www.sportsattic2.com/nflphotos/NFLphotosD.html

otismalibu
07-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Sometimes the most helpful photo of a certain player, won't show up in your search using that player's name. Go thru Elway 1986 first, but then try Broncos 1986. You might find a great photo of the back of Elway's jersey, but the caption refers to another player in the shot.

aeneas01
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Sometimes the most helpful photo of a certain player, won't show up in your search using that player's name. Go thru Elway 1986 first, but then try Broncos 1986. You might find a great photo of the back of Elway's jersey, but the caption refers to another player in the shot.

absolutely - and in the same vein, if for example you are interested in additional photos of a rb many can be found by doing a search for the team's qb which, in some cases, might show the rb pass blocking or set before the snap. lot's of different possibillities...

3arod13
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Emailed Getty Images to find out how much it would cost to purchase just one pictures. Here's the response:

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your email!

Yes, we do sell images for personal use. The cost of purchasing the file is around $270.00 an image.

Kind Regards,

Getty Images Inc.
1-800-IMAGERY

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

The topic of reselling Getty images to members on our site has been addressed in a previous thread. I am re-posting the information here for those who may not have seen the previous post. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Chris:

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

3arod13
08-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

The topic of reselling Getty images to members on our site has been addressed in a previous thread. I am re-posting the information here for those who may not have seen the previous post. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Sincerely, Chris:

Hello Everyone,

I have spoken to Getty Images directly about individuals attempting to resell Getty Images to our members. As per that conversation, I have been informed that Getty Images does not give authorization for this type of activity. Therefore, I deleted an earlier message on this forum where the poster proposed they can offer such a service. That post, and others similar to it, will remain off this site unless the poster can provide us with evidence of authorization from Getty Images.

In addition, since Game Used Universe does not condone the unauthorized distribution of licensed properties, all future posts regarding the resale of Getty Images will be deleted from this site. Now that Getty Images has made this point clear, while individuals can certainly make their our choice of purchasing anything they want in the open market, any unauthorized purchase of licensed materials will have to be done outside of Game Used Universe.

Please feel free to post your comments here or email me directly if you have any questions about this issue.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Chris,

Confused. Why did you attached this to my thread?

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Chris,

Confused. Why did you attached this to my thread?
Hello Tony,

There were a couple of people who made posts suggesting they could offer Getty Images at a lower price after you posted. Those posts were deleted and I made the above post so that people would be aware of our policy.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Sincerely,
Chris

3arod13
08-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Hello Tony,

There were a couple of people who made posts suggesting they could offer Getty Images at a lower price after you posted. Those posts were deleted and I made the above post so that people would be aware of our policy.

Sorry if it caused any confusion.

Sincerely,
Chris

That's ok. I thought maybe I worded this wrong in a negative manner. I was only stating how shocked I was to find out what gettyimages charges for just one picture.

Regards, Tony

David
08-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Getty and Corbis are like Associated Press in that they primarily provide images to be reproduced in magazines, books and newspapers. Most clients pay for an image and reproduce it thousands of times.

David
08-07-2007, 01:27 PM
Corbis is owned by Bill Gates and they own an incredible and probably priceless archive of original vintage photos including negatives. They have a giant storage building that is set at a constant, cold temperature to preserve the photos.

3arod13
08-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Getty and Corbis are like Associated Press in that they primarily provide images to be reproduced in magazines, books and newspapers. Most clients pay for an image and reproduce it thousands of times.

Guess that's why they're so expensive. Would still be nice if they could sell just one pic and email you the .jpg

They have 3 pics I need. Can't find these on any other website.

jon_8_us
08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Sorry Chris i didn't know i was breaking the rules.I was not offering my services.I was offering someone else's and was going to provide that persons email through private channels.I would not post anything about that person on the forum.I thought that was the way to go about it as that had been done recently even after you posted the original thread about the resale od getty images.So the rule from here on out is no talking whatsoever about the possibility of collectors contacting me or others through private channels to find out how to get these images that many of us use to photomatch items?This needs to be cleared up once and for all as there is definitely some confusion here.Thanks
jon

ChrisCavalier
08-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Sorry Chris i didn't know i was breaking the rules.I was not offering my services.I was offering someone else's and was going to provide that persons email through private channels.I would not post anything about that person on the forum.I thought that was the way to go about it as that had been done recently even after you posted the original thread about the resale od getty images.So the rule from here on out is no talking whatsoever about the possibility of collectors contacting me or others through private channels to find out how to get these images that many of us use to photomatch items?This needs to be cleared up once and for all as there is definitely some confusion here.Thanks
jon
Hello Jon,

Thanks for the post. For the record, we didn't mention anyone who made the previous posts because the purpose was not to call anyone out but to simply let everyone know our stance on this issue. While people can certainly do whatever they want outside the forum, we will not allow the forum to be used to make offers to other members.

I also think it is important for people to realize the potential ramifications of re-selling licensed products without authorization. I am not an expert on these matters but if Getty Images finds out this is happening, I would think they would have recourse with any individuals participating in those activities.

Once again, people are free to do whatever they want on their own. As for Game Used Universe, we will not allow those types of activities on this site.

Sincerely,
Chris

allstarsplus
08-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Tony - I see you have Bonds photos posted which is a tough player to get done on a licensed basis. If you really want those photos, I can try to get a price from Barry's agent and see what the cost would be. My guess is expensive since there is always a royalty fee back to Getty. There are alternatives.

Chris has brought up some great points. There are licensing issues with the leagues, unions and sometimes the players directly. You want to do everything the right way.

Here is what I have done in the past. PhotoFile can ship me 50 8x10's of a photo I want for about $220 and they are 100% licensed and then they can be resold. You can then sell the prints you don't want. I have found that is the least expensive way to get it done. Bonds has his own deal so they can't do his photos except the ones they have already been licensed on their site. I didn't see any old photos of Bonds in a Pirates uni in their archives. www.PhotoFile.com (http://www.PhotoFile.com)

You can also purchase some photos from Sports Illustrated and purchase direct from them at $250 for an 11x14 for personal use. They have a bunch of old Bonds photos in his Pirates uniform and 100's in Giants uniform. http://www.sipictures.com/source/cfw/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesAdvancedSearchState|2|30||0| |1|||||0|0|0||0||7|0|barry+bonds|0||0|0|0&p=7&pk=4

Keep in mind with Sports Illustrated that if it is a Leifer or Walter Iooss SI photo you have to purchase direct from the photographer. Walter's photos will be several $100 to over $1,000 like his famous Jordan Slam photos that were in SI. http://www.walteriooss.com/

Another idea would be to see the photo you want and see if they credit a photographer by name so you could contact the photographer directly. Since many photographers take dozens of pictures during the game of a player, only a few are sometimes uploaded to Getty and other sites. Some photographers are willing to work with you on the unused photos if you use it for personal use only. Here is a pic of Bonds from 1989 that gives the following info:

Editorial
07 Apr 1989

MLB Photos Archive
By: Rich Pilling
Major League Baseball
People:Barry Bonds

Do a Google search for the photographer and sometimes you can find them as for instance I found Rich Pilling on Google who took a Bonds Pirates photo in 1989 and coincidentally it appears Rich works direct for MLB Photos now. Here is what I found on a Google search:

Rich Pilling: Director: Major League Baseball Photos
Address:245 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10167, U.S.A. Phone:212-931-7464 workFax:212-949-5699

Many of the big sports photographers can also be contacted thru:
http://www.sportsshooter.com/member_index.html

If I can be of any help for any members that want to go the PhotoFile route or have any questions, you can contact me at info@allstarsplus.com

Good luck. Andrew

allstarsplus
08-07-2007, 03:24 PM
I also think it is important for people to realize the potential ramifications of re-selling licensed products without authorization. I am not an expert on these matters but if Getty Images finds out this is happening, I would think they would have recourse with any individuals participating in those activities.

Once again, people are free to do whatever they want on their own. As for Game Used Universe, we will not allow those types of activities on this site.

Sincerely,
Chris Chris - I think you meant re-selling the un-licensed product.

A member emailed me another good photo source to purchase from:

http://photostore.mlb.com/

Andrew

jon_8_us
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Hello Jon,

Thanks for the post. For the record, we didn't mention anyone who made the previous posts because the purpose was not to call anyone out but to simply let everyone know our stance on this issue. While people can certainly do whatever they want outside the forum, we will not allow the forum to be used to make offers to other members.

Sincerely,
Chris

I understand you didn't mention anyone.I respect your authority on this one and understand why you came to that decision.I will no longer bring this subject up on the forum.Thanks for the response.
jon

worldchamps
09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Is anyone else having issues searching for images? The site pulls up, but everytime I type a search, I just get a blank page.

kylehess10
09-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Everything is fine for me. Do you use the newer version of getty images or the old one? That could be a problem. Every time I went to the new version, it would come up with the "PAGE NOT RESPONDING" crap and it closed down. I now use the older version and everything works fine.

worldchamps
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
Thank you Kyle

That was the problem

worldchamps
11-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Well I know this is pretty hot topic, in regards to buying images off getty. I think that 99% of people used to go through the same guy, shall we say JG, for short

Well he is no longer doing pics....not sure what or why this is, but he is no longer doing them

Anyone know the scoop?? and more importantly do you have a contact that does them?

email me if you do rangersstars@yahoo.com

otismalibu
11-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Funny you should mention him. I just got an email from him politely asking me to remove a post from another message board. I'd listed his contact info and mentioned that he seemed to be able to make prints of any Getty pic.

kylehess10
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Seems kinda odd that he suddenly stopped. He was making a ton of money off of it and those images helped me make a few photomatches since they can be blown up so big.

thomecollector
11-06-2007, 07:12 PM
DAMN IT !!! I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PLACE AN ORDER FOR SOME PICS FROM THIS SEASON.....:mad:

CollectGU
11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Funny you should mention him. I just got an email from him politely asking me to remove a post from another message board. I'd listed his contact info and mentioned that he seemed to be able to make prints of any Getty pic.

Maybe Getty read your post...

CollectGU
11-06-2007, 10:26 PM

I've been informed that this is the exact reason we have lost our source.....Nice

otismalibu
11-06-2007, 11:09 PM
I've been informed that this is the exact reason we have lost our source.....Nice

I'd seen his contact info posted on a number of message boards. How do you think I found out about his service? It was hardly a secret...he even had a website.

34swtns
11-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Nice going, Greg!

Just kidding, dude. :p

Everybody knew about that guy. I never understood how he got away with it for so long but I definitely took advantage of his services a few times. Hate to see the wheels come off of that gravy train but it was bound to happen.

34swtns
11-07-2007, 07:00 AM
The bottom line is there would be no need for under-the-table photo sellers if Getty's prices were anywhere near realistic. :rolleyes:

grandpahoo
11-08-2007, 05:06 PM
The bottom line is there would be no need for under-the-table photo sellers if Getty's prices were anywhere near realistic. :rolleyes:

I have a completely off-topic question for you - can you shoot me an email at jeller@milesstockbridge.com? Gracias.

34swtns
11-08-2007, 09:30 PM
E-mail sent. ;)

BO34
11-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Hi guys, quick question has anybody found out the reason Getty images charges so much for a picture? If they read this board maybe they can respond...back in the day THE NFL had a site where one could purchase photos for under $10 now I am hearing their trying to tell alot of the photographers that their pictures are actually the property of the NFL....

Hey I am just trying to pick up a few photos for my collection however even though the better pictures are on sites like Getty or worse one site where I was told they don't sell to the public...what gives....

Any light one can shed on this subject would be great!

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2007, 09:16 PM
I think that the issue is that Getty et al, are not for people like us.

If you were Time Magazine and were doing a story on Arod, you'd be ok paying $300 for a pic.

Getty doesnt understand that game used collectors use Getty for photo matching. They interpret our desire for pics as a way to profit off of their images, like a magazine would.

Once they realize that they are leaving money on the table by pricing us out of the picture (no pun intended), they may change their mind.

Jim

bagbig
11-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I know there has been alot of debate on this site regarding how to purchase pictures from Getty Images. What is the easiest and cheapest way to buy pictures from Getty?

LambeauLeap.com
11-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Hi guys ... does anyone have a contact that has access to the Getty Images database? I need to get a handful of photos in various sizes (8x10s, 11x14s, 16x20s, etc.) by early next week.

Thanks ...

LambeauLeap.com
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Hi guys ... does anyone have a contact that has access to the Getty Images database? I need to get a handful of photos in various sizes (8x10s, 11x14s, 16x20s, etc.) by early next week.

Thanks ...

skyking26
11-28-2007, 12:19 PM
I heard that this contact is no longer available...

RK

ChrisCavalier
11-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I understand that this topic will likely come up periodically on the forum given there will be new members who may not be aware of GUU's stance regarding the reselling of Getty images. For those who are not familiar with our policy, I am re-posting below a previous post I made on the subject:

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

ChrisCavalier
11-28-2007, 12:31 PM

Thanks ...
Hello Everyone,

I understand that this topic will likely come up periodically on the forum given there will be new members who may not be aware of GUU's stance regarding the reselling of Getty images. For those who are not familiar with our policy, I am re-posting below a previous post I made on the subject:

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

LambeauLeap.com
11-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Thanks for the update, Chris. Besides PhotoFile photos, are there any other resources/sources for sports photographs for autograph collecting?

NEfootballguy
11-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Has anyone had any recent contact with Jay of jgulinosports.com. I received my first order from him about a month ago and everything was fantastic. I have been trying to email him for about 10 days to place another order but have not received a response. Does anyone know the best way to contact him.
Thanks
Scott Sawyer
I received an email from Jay about 5-6 weeks ago stating that it had been a pleasure doing business with everyone and he was extremely sorry but he was completely DONE providing these photos. He was very thankful to everyone but he was finished! This was very upsetting to me! He did great work and was always kind to me. It will be tough to find the same quality service, Not good!!

LambeauLeap.com
11-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I received an email from Jay about 5-6 weeks ago stating that it had been a pleasure doing business with everyone and he was extremely sorry but he was completely DONE providing these photos. He was very thankful to everyone but he was finished! This was very upsetting to me! He did great work and was always kind to me. It will be tough to find the same quality service, Not good!!

Hmmm ... definitely not good. Have you found an alternative database for sports photos? Getty Images has awesome photos - it's a shame that exclusive rights to an image costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

If you want to get an SI cover in a 16x20 from SIPictures.com, they're $400 a piece.

Any help on alternative sources for photos would be much appreciated.

TFig27
11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Hmmm ... definitely not good. Have you found an alternative database for sports photos? Getty Images has awesome photos - it's a shame that exclusive rights to an image costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

If you want to get an SI cover in a 16x20 from SIPictures.com, they're $400 a piece.

Any help on alternative sources for photos would be much appreciated.

Try sicovers.com

They have a good selection of covers for 19.99

LambeauLeap.com
11-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Try sicovers.com

They have a good selection of covers for 19.99

I've used them before. The only downside is that you can only get 8x10s and the players are limited.

I do know some collectors enlarge a mint (no address label) SI to 16x20 sometimes using the actual magazine. I have yet to do it. The quality is probably not as good buying them directly from SIPictures.com though.

EndzoneSports
11-30-2007, 10:32 AM

In speaking with a player's agent yesterday, I was told that Jay was purchasing original photos from another source (Steve ?) who had access to the Getty Images photos. From these originals, new negatives were being shot, allowing him to then reproduce photos at will from these 2nd-generation negatives (which explains the slight cropping and quality issues). Getty got word of "Steve's" activities, filing suit and essentially shutting down Jay's source.

Whether or not this is taken as gospel is up to the reader, however, this info came to me by what I consider a reliable source.

Regards,

SoCalEd
12-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I was a customer of Jay's and as a collector I was very disappointed to hear that he was no longer in business, he contacted me directly to inform me that he was no longer selling photos. It is very difficult to find high quality 5x7 or 8x10 sports images, not to mention the variety. Does anyone know where I could find something similar to what Jay was offering? I'm mostly interested in high quality 5x7 sports images (NFL & college football, baseball, basketball, etc.). If anyone knows of a source, I'd certainly appreciate the information.
Thank you...

grandpahoo
12-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

Smart move.

ChrisCavalier
12-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Apparently there are still people on the forum who are either not aware or have chosen to disregard my previous posts articulating Game Used Universe's stance pertaining to the reselling of Getty Images. In fact, just today someone made a post offering a "limited time" service for the re-selling of these images.

Once again, here is the information I have posted previously:

Going forward, any posts offering to resell Getty Images on this site without providing evidence of prior authorization will be forwarded to Getty Images for their review.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

nyjetsfan14
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
I have had so much more luck photo matching older jerseys (of non superstar/mega players) with football cards (and yearbooks/programs/etc...) than I have ever had with Getty. I have literally 1,000's of Jets cards from every brand conceivable covering almost every style the Jets have ever worn. Is it neat to have an 8x10 or 16x20 showing your exact jersey? I am sure it is but for the older stuff and non superstar stuff that sometimes just isn't feasible with Getty. A lot of collectors just don't know they have or can get a their own image collection in the forum of cards (other media). It takes a little more work - having to sift through stacks or pages, depending on what you are using, rather than just banging on a keyboard - but the excitement of a cool photomatch is still the same or even better. Just personal opinion

aeneas01
12-09-2007, 12:04 PM
not to ruin a good thing, but i don't think getty is too hip with having their photos copied and pasted to other sites either...

mvandor
12-10-2007, 08:26 AM
not to ruin a good thing, but i don't think getty is too hip with having their photos copied and pasted to other sites either...

Getty is running a huge scam. Every other photo site watermarks their pics to prevent unauthorized use, EXCEPT Getty's. Upon login all watermarks disappear.

Why would they do that? Because they have a rather large legal department and operation scouring the Internet for their pics (some of which are available from other sources of course) and then sending threatening letters demanding far more than the orig price of the pics as shown on their site for "unauthorized use". Many of those hit did purchase pics legally through other sources, or even Getty themselves, but did not save the documentation. Under threat of litigation alot of people fold and pay the extortion, generating millions to Getty.

This is a carefully crafted shakedown by this company IMHO, protecting their copyrights was and is easily resolvable by simply watermarking their pictures like everyone else.

They should be prosecuted for this tactic, and certainly not used as a vendor. My web development company ceased using them this year in fact solely because of their tactics.

brianborsch
04-11-2008, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know the formal process to buy photos from them legally? Do you just inform them what you are using it for and they charge you accordingly? After that can you use the photo for a game used display in your home? Or does buying from them put you at risk for potentially breaking the rights alotted when you buy the photo? Do they give you access to a digital file? Or do they send you a photo? How does it work? Let me know...

Brian B

brianborsch@yahoo.com

brianborsch
04-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Is Getty like the black plague that no one wants to touch? Or does no one have experience in purchasing pics from their site? I just want to see the process so I am not flying blind when purchasing a pic from their site. Anyone? Please! You are my only hope! (not really but...)

10thMan
04-11-2008, 02:37 PM
I called them about buying one photo. The answer was that it would cost me "a few hundred" for a single pic. Being honest, I don`t remember the entire conversation, it was about 2 years ago. The guy casually suggested I go elsewhere, unless I really wanted to spend. If you can find someone with a connection to them, you have a good chance, like a Photographer, or someone that does business with them.

I have an Item that looks close to a Getty photo match, but need the actual pic. This was/is an issue on here due to people getting product from someone, or possibly a licensing issue. Just trying to help,
Sean

Dewey2007
04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
I contacted Getty once (still trying to find the e-mail response) but it sounds like you purchase the licensing rights to the image you want. It's not cheap. I think it was like $1,000 for one of the images I was looking at. They send you a digital file and you can do what you like with the image within the parameters of the licensing agreement.

This is what I could ascertain from my brief communication with them so others may have more concrete examples of how it works.

FYI, Getty currently has as some sort of $49 limited time offer on selected images. Check it out:

http://corporate.gettyimages.com/marketing/m08/webUseLanding/usa/landing.html?isource=usa_home_49_left

JackHE
04-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I exchanged emails with their Cust Serv not too long ago - assuming you qualify as someone they would sell to, I am pretty sure is access to the digital image for a period of time. I basically gave up seeing that not only would this be costly but "red tape" to boot.

J

thome25.com
04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
I just purchased one for 100.00.. It was not available for 49.00 because the 49.00 versions are low resolution.. Here is a direct number if you choose to do the same.

312 344 4284 Nicholas

Dewey2007
04-11-2008, 04:23 PM
thome25.com, was there any type of licensing agreement attached to the Getty photo you purchased for $100? What did you indicate to them re: "How will the image be used"? Any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks!

thome25.com
04-11-2008, 04:28 PM
personal use for a glove photomatch... It is a high rez photo that can be blown up as big as your front door.. If you are going to use it on a website, you may have issues.. Call nicholas , he is eastern indian, a bit difficult to understand but he will work with you...

Tay1038
04-12-2008, 02:22 AM
Thome25,

In regards to your Getty Image photograph that you received. Is the photo crystal clear I assume. If you blow up areas that are Copyrighted on their site, will they show up clear on the high res?

Reason my asking, on the Mark McGwire photograph we spoke about before on a possible match to my 1998 gamer, would it clear up that area so I could see if its a direct match or not? Maybe even how the grain runs on the bat?

I have attached the photos below.

Thanks again for your thoughts and time.

Taylor

allstarsplus
04-12-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't know what defines high resolution, but the 2 pics that I purchased were very Hi Res as they came in sizes of 35,312KB to 23,981KB and they were huge. You could see individual blades of grass in the 1st picture.

I would think the pics you are looking at would even show the striations in the bat barrel.

Andrew

brianborsch
04-12-2008, 08:09 AM
Andrew,

So when you bought pics from them, what size did you select to get such high resolution? Did you select the full size page option? Thats what I need to know...

Brian B

allstarsplus
04-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Brian - Its been a while. Choose the largest size available. I figured the reason I got 2 sizes was that the photographers that took each of them used different types of cameras.

Good luck! Andrew

thome25.com
04-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Brian, what you pay for is a file to download. Once you have saved to file you can open it and increase the size on your computer as much as you want without distorting. Additionally, I sent the photo to wal greens to have made into a 20x30 poster for 20.00... If you have questions call me at (253) 261 2275.

hrvatwill
04-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Just curious as to whether anybody had called Nicholas and had success in reaching him. I called and left a detailed message as to what I was interested in and he has not returned the call. Perhaps he has been inundated with calls from GUU members and just doesn't have the time to respond to them? Or perhaps he does not view these types of requests as part of his professional mandate? Realistically, I'm sure he has much bigger fish to fry than me.

I am very interested in purchasing a photo or two from the game in the Yankees "Away Opener" series in which Phil Hughes pitched. I was the high bidder on Steiner Sports Auction for his game jersey and although it has not arrived yet, I have gotten permission from my wife :) to set up a display in our den. To that end, I would absolutely love to include a photo or two of him wearing the actual jersey.

If anybody can help me here or give me alternative guidance as to how to go about procuring the images, I would be most grateful. You can either post a reply to this thread or contact me at my personal email at hrvatwill@aol.com.

Many thanks.

jkalathas
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
I am trying to photo match a bat, but do not have a Getty images account. can someone help me out, with an account can you get higher resolution photos? thanks

kylehess10
04-26-2008, 12:51 PM
The only way you can purchase the image is if you purchase the rights to it too. It costs in the thousands usually so what you see on getty is the biggest you'll be able to get.

thome25.com
04-26-2008, 11:46 PM
you can get getty images now from between 50-100 dollars.

kylehess10
04-27-2008, 12:00 AM
you can get getty images now from between 50-100 dollars.

Where at??

allstarsplus
04-27-2008, 08:05 AM
Where at??

Try this link:

http://corporate.gettyimages.com/marketing/m08/webUseLanding/usa/landing.html?isource=usa_home_49_left

BO34
05-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Hello quick question for the board, if you purchase a slide from a NFL photographer and the image is on Getty or Wireimage who owns the rights? And if the holder of the slide owns the right doesn't Getty have to remove the image........????

Thanks,

BO@RAIDERSFAN.NET
Always looking for BO JACKSON RAIDER items

Number9
06-23-2008, 03:06 PM
sorry for yet another Getty thread, and yes, I have read all the earlier ones, but ..

I contacted Getty, trying to legimately buy an image with the $49.95 web-res offer prominent on their site. I clearly stated I just wanted the image of one of my favorite players, that matches one of my game worn jerseys, to frame at my home and got this response:

"Unfortunately, sports images require a special license distributed by the Players' Association. It is nearly impossible to get this license for personal usage. I apologize for your inconvenience. Thank you for contacting Getty Images!

Name removed
sales Associate
Getty Images, Inc."

================
So the $49.95 offer isn't even legitimate? Has anyone been able to buy an image this way? I was even ready to pay $100 for the image if neccesary.
I have to say the unreasonable attitudes of Getty and Icon Sports have become the biggest disappointment in the hobby to me right now. I try to do things legitimately and honestly, am ready to pay well for obscure images that are just sitting in a database, and yet just keep getting this unreasonable form responses.
Anyone have any luck with the $49.95 Getty 'offer'?

Mike
hockeyhistory62@yahoo.com

jayt1234
06-23-2008, 03:25 PM
No luck either. I got a reply that essentially said the same thing. It seems as thought there are only select images available for this promotion. All I wanted were a few Drew Bledsoe images but gave up trying. Not a very clear process in my opinion. I am sure Getty images would love to sell photos at a huge mark up, but I am sure they are tied down by huge licenseing(sp?) agreements. Too bad really because there photos are great.

mvandor
06-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Getty is incredibly overpriced and greedy. As are the pro leagues that license the pics to them. Nobody gets that if they were more reasonable the increase in volume would offset both theft and the lesser prices.

suave1477
06-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Number9 I just spoke with them and they said they would have no problem selling me an image but the images they are speaking of are very low resolution images to be put in a presentaion or on a website.
When you click on a thumbnail and the bigger version pops up that is what they are selling for $49.
About the size of an index card.

They also told me to get 8x10 or larger go to photofile.com which is a licensed subsidiary of them but are limited to the photos they have.
She told me they are more price friendly.

8x10's starting at $5.95

Number9
06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks for confirming guys. Sauve, thanks for the info on photofile, looks like they only have a few recent photos and a tiny percentage of what Getty has though. Not of any use to me. Thanks for pointing it out so I could at least check them though.

Mike

intheminors
08-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Guys,

I am in the process of getting my 1987 Bruce Hurst Sox jersey framed and am looking for an 8x10 of him. It has the Fenway Anniversay patch so any pic with that patch would be a bonus.

I contacted Getty and they wanted $150. I think I hurt the girl's feelings when I laughed at her. I did apologize though.

Any ideas on where I could come up with an 8x10 of Hurst?

Thanks.

Kyle

jgoldstein2000
08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Off the subject a little but did you buy that Hurst jersey off e-bay a few months ago. If so... nice pickup.

intheminors
08-18-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, it was off ebay but I thought I had it more than a few months. Could be wrong. I remember the seller had spelled Hurst's first name "Burst", if that rings a bell.

Kyle

cledawgs
12-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Thought someone on here was selling Getty Images...

memorabilia_king
01-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I was looking for someone that had an account with Getty Images, Im looking to print a picture from that site. I will pay for the picture. Thanks.

brettprocell@yahoo.com 936-635-0277

suave1477
03-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Well guys looks like we have go back through all our old stuff. To see what we can photmatch:rolleyes:

Sports Illustraded has now started a section within GettyImages website of there sports photos from the time they started taking sports pictures.

Hopefully we will be able to squeeze out an extra photomatch or 2:)

notxpensv4u
06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Found a photomatch for a Joey Votto glove I have. Anyone order a picture from Getty images? Was the quality good? How much did it cost? Thanks,Tim

rj_lucas
06-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Licensing an image on Getty can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars depending on 1) whether the image is royalty-free or rights-managed and 2) your specific usage scenario and term.

You'll notice I said 'licensing' not 'purchasing' an image. You are not buying an image from Getty and do not own it. You are licensing the rights to use the image in a specific way for a predetermined amount of time.

Hope that helps.

Rick
rickjlucas@gmail.com

33bird
06-16-2009, 04:24 PM
for a decent price? I looked at buying a photo from Corbis and it was 850.00! Let me know if anybody can help. Just need one photo. Thanks!

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Getty is pricey too. Not $850.00, but a couple hundred for rights to print.

AP Images is pretty reasonable. I got a 16x20 off there for under $75(shipped).

33bird
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
How do you access AP photos? Thanks.

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 08:12 PM
first you have to set up an account with AP.

Once you did that, log in and find the pic(s) you want (make note of the image number & date).

go into the 'services' tab under your account main page.

There you will find a 'personal use' link. Click that.

This will take you to a list of their partners (Pictopia, Art.com, Replay Photos).

I used Pictopia for mine. - Search each of these for your photos. If they are not available on these 3 sites then you have to submit a 'photo request'. (remember the image number & date? - these are what you will use to make your request)

They will get back to you within 48 hours via e-mail and there they will give your options for sizes and prices, should you choose to buy.

I hope this helps you out. Best of luck.

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 08:17 PM
UPDATE:

PICTOPIA is your best bet. If you still cannot find your image there, scroll down and click on the 'photo request' link. Here's where you enter the image details and get pricing.

I thought prices came via e-mail, sorry.

TriplexXxSports
06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Just a note for all of you that are viewing this thread - 8x10 photos from AP Images are $21.00

jobathenut
06-16-2009, 08:46 PM
$850.00,for a photo:eek: .You got to be kidding me.Please tell me this is a joke. wow.
for a decent price? I looked at buying a photo from Corbis and it was 850.00! Let me know if anybody can help. Just need one photo. Thanks!

JasonBanz
10-17-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm looking to purchase a few photos for photomatching reasons and would like the photos without the Getty Image watermark. Any help would be great. Thanks!

LWMM
10-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm also interested in several Getty and AP Images photographs

c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

shoremen44
10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
email me... I can help

JasonBanz
10-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Bert,
E-mail sent, thanks!

clinton2828
12-18-2009, 09:42 PM
i am looking to buy 2 getty image to print out for a phot match, i thought i read on here before that somoen sells them?

murfsteve25
12-18-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm interested in this as well, and im sure many other people on this forum are too. Some good business could be made for anyone who has the hookup.

BO34
12-20-2009, 08:58 PM
I am pretty sure you need to find the image off Getty then contact them to see if it's available for purchase..seems alot of what is on Getty can't be purchased for personal use...what most of us on this board would fall under...

Wire image would be another site for photos....Let me know if you get any help from Getty

BOJACKSON34@LIVE.COM
Always looking for BO JACKSON Raider game used items and photos!

kylehess10
12-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Images can be purchased, but they cost like $1500 each

shoremen44
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM
If people want to contacted regarding things like this... they should really include an email address or they should turn on their private messages

murfsteve25
12-20-2009, 09:48 PM
murfsteve25@yahoo.com would be interested but I dont want to own the rights (that would cost me over a grand) all i want is one simple 8x10

LWMM
12-21-2009, 05:11 AM
AP images lets you purchase 8x10s for about $20, if you can get a picture from them.

TriplexXxSports
12-21-2009, 09:52 AM
AP images lets you purchase 8x10s for about $20, if you can get a picture from them.

Correct. Even if the picture you are looking for is not on AP's website you can submit a request for a certain photo. You have to submit the name of the photographer that took the pic, date, and a brief description.

I needed a Devin Hester print for a signing and I found a 150X150 of the photo I was looking for on google. I found the photographers name and the date of the image and submitted it to AP. They had a 16x20 print in the mail for me within a week. And as stated above, it was around $20.

They are much better to work with as far as cost is concerned.

ChrisCavalier
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Just so people are clear, we have looked into this further and Getty Images does own the copyrights on all their images. If you want to purchase something from them, we suggest you contact them and do it in a manner consistent with their policies.

mbenga28
12-21-2009, 11:38 AM
their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.

capitalssticks
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I have alot of hi resolution images from the following teams
NFL
redskins, ravens
NHL
capitals, Penguins, Red Wings, Flyers and a ton of last years all star game and festivities

GMac18
12-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Bert,

Check your inbox.

BO34
12-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!

LWMM
12-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Hey regarding AP images, it seems that you can't view the entire collection unless you have a business, any thoughts since we are the board are probably users for personal use...also can you purchase photos off of the AP website even if the photographers are not part of their group...Thanks!

I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

http://gallery.pictopia.com/ap/requests/

BO34
12-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Great thanks I appreciate the info, will give it a try! This board is great..happy holidays!

brianborsch
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I just got a response from Rueters for a print I was looking for and have since paid for it. It should be on it's way soon! I am PSYCHED!!!

ferro39
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
just as an fyi, getty has people trolling message boards looking for people who are either looking to obtain their images from a source other than them as well as people who offer their images on the cheap

ive heard horror stories where they get lawyers involved and what not. my advice is to just be careful.

brianborsch
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Good advice. My situation is totally on the up and up so there is no chance of me getting in trouble. I bough 2 prints from the company that owns the rights to the pic I wanted. I tried to buy prints from the photographer direct, and he seemed open to it, then I he stonewalled me and did not respond. A year later, and the big company is able to sell now...works for me.

allstarsplus
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
(800) 390-7269
customerservice@pictopia.com

allstarsplus
01-04-2010, 05:32 PM
I made an account on their website with no problems, you just have to fill out the usual "register an account" form.

To purchase photos, click on the link below. Even if the photo isn't on their site, you can describe it and they'll get back to you.

http://gallery.pictopia.com/ap/requests/

That is the exact way I went when I got my email back in the response in my previous post.

What am I doing wrong?

brianborsch
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey Andrew,

I am not sure. The photo I got was not an MLB photo so that may be why I could get my pic and you could not. Or maybe someone there got it wrong. My request was for a pic of 2008 World Series bats hanging in the LVS factory to dry. My game issued Evan Longoria WS bat is pictured in that picture! The last piece of provenance to go with my favorite game issued piece.

brianborsch
01-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Just to close this one out, I just received my pics from Reuters and they are AWESOME! I wasn't sure on what size to get so I got two sizes: 20 and 14. I got them with the caption that explains what is happening in the pic. I now have 2 high-res prints photomatching my game issued Evan Longoria WS bat hanging in the LVS factory to dry. I have a couple other photo needs, so we'll see how those go. Then we will see if Reuters works with actual game photos.

Dewey2007
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
I tried to purchase an AP photo thru APimages.com which sent me to Pictopia. After my query, I got back this email:

Thank you for your interest in photographic reprints from Associated Press and Pictopia.

Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill your request (#1751384b32) at this time for the following reason: The requested image is not available for sale.

Please contact Getty Images for MLB photos. Thank you.

Please visit our galleries again for other photos that may be of interest to you, and do not hesitate to make new requests in the future.

If you have any further questions about this, contact us. Please use your Request id# 1751384b32 in any correspondence with us.

Thank you,

Customer Service

The Pictopia Team
(800) 390-7269
customerservice@pictopia.com

Were they MLB pics you were trying to buy? If so, that's weird because I never had any problems buying MLB pics through Pictopia. I"ve gotten a similar response when I tried to buy some NBA pics (NBA rights to photos) and recently some Jason Kidd college pics.

Dewey2007
01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Duh, it said right in your post they were MLB photos. Sorry about that. It's early on the Left coast!

brianborsch
01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Hey Dewey,

No the pics were not MLB pics. But apparently you are saying pictopia can get you prints of MLB pics. That's good, because the next pics I want will be MLB pics. I just have my doubts based on Andrew Lang's experience with trying to get MLB photos from them.

brianborsch
01-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Nevermind, you weren't responding to my post. But I sure hope they will sell me prints of mlb pics. We'll see. It is early on the left coast!

Dewey2007
01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
I've bought three Dontrelle Willis MLB pics from them in the past and there was never a problem with availability. Same with the NFL, the two pics I wanted were available as well. I thought it was just the NBA that was off limits but apparently there are others too. Now that I think about it I vaguely remember Getty buying the rights to some pics but can't remember exactly what it was.

jimphilips
02-06-2010, 03:02 PM
their live chat is inconsistent, I was told by one representative I could purchase a sports image for personal use for $150 and another that I could not because it is intended for editorial purposes only, not for private use.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Larry

HawaiiSportsNut
02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I am interested in buying a 8X10 photo of Kurt Suzuki. I saw it on the Getty Images website, it is photo #82766061. Please let me know if you have a photo for sale (if the price is not to high).

Email me at guppies@guppies4me.com

Thanks

jetersbatboy
06-19-2010, 03:45 AM
Does anyone know how to buy a image from Getty? I have a account but never tried to the purchase from them before. I don't understand the licensing am I able to print a picture if I buy the individual license?

kylehess10
06-19-2010, 04:05 AM
You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.

yankees24
06-19-2010, 10:35 AM
try contacting Pictopia, there were some photos I asked if they had from GettyImages that they were able to print out. I think they have to be of current players though.

yankees24
06-19-2010, 10:36 AM
You can buy a pic off Getty but it usually costs anywhere between $1000-$1500 each.

hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

kylehess10
06-19-2010, 11:42 AM
hi kyle can one purchase them for personal use? one time I wanted to purchase an image but they said because it was labeled "editorial use" they wouldn't let me, a private buyer, purchase them.

I've tried asking Getty about that before in the past and there was no way I could get around their high pricetags. I know you can purchase images off the AP site, which are sometimes the same ones on Getty, but that's the only site I know of that will sell images for cheap.

David
06-19-2010, 03:51 PM
I believe Getty and Corbis supplies images to publishers of magazines, books, etc and not for individual's use. They give the publisher's a really big image that can be printed out.

An out here is they also provide images to web sites (after all CNN, ESPN have websites), and you may qualify as a publisher, and be able to get the big image, if you own a website.

skinsfan0521
06-20-2010, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I've contacted getty several times trying to find a way to buy an image for less than like $500 and there is really no way at all.

Also, pictopia sells AP images and if you're looking for AP images of NFL, then go to replayphotos.com. They have a deal with AP to sell their NFL images, but only if they're taken by a staff photographer. For example, Steve Spinelli is a photographer that has a ton of NFL photos on AP, but you can't buy them. It's weird, i know, but I've had several conversations with Replay Photos about it and they're supposed to be working on a deal. Who knows if/when that'll be though.

jshortt
09-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this post comes up every now and again, but has anybody tried to purchase from Getty recently? If so, any tips? I tried their online help and the guy said "we are a business to business organization. We don't do personal requests. Try photofiles.com," and disconnected me. Lovely service.

Any advice on who to talk to, how to go about buying, etc? Any help would be appreciated on this.

Thanks,
Josh

scootmagroot
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
yea right.......they charge ridiculous amounts for images. what are you looking for?

obpercent1
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know anything about purchasing images from Getty ? I just want to buy some 8x10 or 12 x 16, and I have two jerseys that can be photomatched to images on their site.

Thanks in advance.
Mike

neverfinished94
12-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Turn on the private message feature on your profile

Dach0sen0ne
12-01-2010, 08:50 PM
If you find out something, let me know. There's a photomatch pic of one of my bats id love to have.

Klattsy
12-02-2010, 02:51 AM
I enquired a few years ago when I was starting out and they wanted $200 or so per image...They ain't cheap thats for sure.

scootmagroot
12-03-2010, 11:06 PM
This comes up all the time......what images are you looking at?

obpercent1
12-04-2010, 01:21 PM
This comes up all the time......what images are you looking at?

I have two jerseys that are in my collection that I have found getty images for I just don't want to spend a ton of pics( these jerseys were from very small time frames so they are def the jerseys in the pics).

Thanks

scootmagroot
12-04-2010, 01:40 PM
I have two jerseys that are in my collection that I have found getty images for I just don't want to spend a ton of pics( these jerseys were from very small time frames so they are def the jerseys in the pics).

Thanks

Send me an email. Scooter2403@yahoo.com

scootmagroot
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Please dont email me.

BoneRubbedBat
12-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Please dont email me.

LOL

cjclong
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
If there was a picture you REALLY wanted would they sell it for an amount like $200 or do they just refuse to sell to individuals?

SWPY
12-18-2010, 09:14 PM
I need few pictures from Getty Images and I am willing to pay $5/pic. Please help!

marinersbaseballfan21
12-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Let me know what you need help with. My email is marinersbaseballfan21@comcast.net

scootmagroot
12-19-2010, 01:54 AM
what #s are you looking for?

marinersbaseballfan21
12-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Just to clarify I misunderstood the request. I do not have access to high resolution pics on getty.

SWPY
12-20-2010, 01:18 PM
what #s are you looking for?

Please e-mail me at kobe8jordan23@hotmail.com Thanks!

Vincent
12-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I need few pictures from Getty Images and I am willing to pay $5/pic. Please help!
Whats your email? I can maybe help

AWA85
12-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Vincent, could you email me at AWA85@live.com

Thanks

taratape
12-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Vincent....please email me as well at ant661989@aol.com

I have the same interest as SWPY

Thank you in advance,
Robert

frikativ54
12-20-2010, 08:13 PM
Just to clarify I misunderstood the request. I do not have access to high resolution pics on getty.

How do you get high resolution pics on Getty Images? I didn't realize there was that option...

kylehess10
12-20-2010, 08:17 PM
How do you get high resolution pics on Getty Images? I didn't realize there was that option...

I'll send you an e-mail right now about that

frikativ54
12-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll send you an e-mail right now about that

Sweet. Thanks.

-Frik

kylehess10
12-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Vincent....please email me as well at ant661989@aol.com

I have the same interest as SWPY

Thank you in advance,
Robert

I third that...

kylehess941@hotmail.com

taratape
12-21-2010, 06:19 AM
Vincent,

Tried to contact you, but your mail was "undeliverable". Do you have another email to contact with?

mlbforeverhomer
12-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I can get any images from Getty. Send me emails and I let you know where to send payment. You must provide me the getty numbers.

Thank you,

Clay

Vincent
12-21-2010, 06:23 PM
twinsvandj@yahoo.com
vinjust2003@yahoo.com

Vincent
12-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Edit

Vincent
12-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Edit
FYI I DONT HAVE ACCESS and never had, I was going to try and make a dollar or two but realized that its wrong. If you want those images I suggest going on SG as many of those members have access or email clay. Hes on one of the forums I am and is legit.

chakes89
12-21-2010, 07:09 PM
I thought talking about Getty on this site wasn't allowed?

TJordan522
12-24-2010, 03:23 AM
I need two photos, if anyone can help me.
Please email me ASAP. My email address is my forum ID at aol.com.

Thanks!

LWMM
12-24-2010, 03:55 AM
Can anyone help with AP Images? Feel free to PM me.

mlbforeverhomer
12-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Due to the amount of request I will be unable to assist anyone. I posted my info up there for the purpose of helping people out. I cannot tell you how many emails I have received with people looking for hand outs, and uncountable image request. I totaled them up earlier (keep in mind I have had 7 new request since then) and I have 62 emails. All of which are people looking for a ton of images, and to keep up with who is who is not worth my time. I am sure you must understand my problem.

Thank you,

braylenMV7
12-29-2010, 07:47 PM
If this is prohibited, i can help you out with whatever you need.

josun45
12-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Hey Braylen, are you able to get Gettys? If so please email me at my username at hotmail dot com

thanks

LWMM
12-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Hey Braylen, are you able to get Gettys? If so please email me at my username at hotmail dot com

thanks

And at that, how about AP Images? I can be reached by PM.

Krsoneus
12-30-2010, 01:05 PM
If anyone can help, I have been trying to get 1 high resolution image from Getty to check for a photomatch forever. If anyone can help please contact me "forum id" at Gmail. I could pay for it. Kevin

LWMM
12-31-2010, 01:45 AM

Can you turn your PMs on? I can't respond.

braylenMV7
12-31-2010, 09:01 PM
sorry didnt realize my PM's were off. should be good to go now.

xmartyx
01-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Would anyone be able to get me image #107857179 and #107857187? I would like to print off a copy for me to get signed, and a copy to give Tomas. He's a real cool kid and when he gets sent back down to the AHL, I'd like to give him photos of him scoring his first NHL goal. Thanks for any help.

at350zguyy
01-05-2011, 10:54 AM
marty, please email me.
at350zguyy@gmail.com

HawaiiSportsNut
01-05-2011, 03:01 PM
I am interested in buying 3 Getty pics, if anyone can help me please email.

kohaku@hilo808.net

TJordan522
01-07-2011, 08:35 AM
I am still looking for two NHL images...so far nobody has offered to help me, so please get in touch if you can.

My email is tjordan522 at aol.com.

Thanks so much!

Jordan