PDA

View Full Version : Michell & Ness to recreate the first Jordan Throwback!!!

suave1477
03-16-2007, 12:47 PM
This is Very Interesting becuz up til date no company has been allowed by Michael Jordan / Nike to recreate a Michael Jordan Throwback Jersey.
The only Jordan Jerseys that have been produced were the regular Jerseys that were made during his years as a player.
Which is actually pretty funny because I have seen many Bootleg Mitchell & Ness Jordan Jerseys over the years and meanwhile they never had a contract to produce or actually produce them. I have spoken with a rep a few yars ago about Jordan Jerseys and he told me that Mitchell & Ness never have or at the time have plans to make any because they have not been granted the License to do it by Jordan / Nike, so all the ones im seeing on the street are bootleg.

But I see the finally closed the deal!!!!

MITCHELL & NESS SIDELINE REPORT
http://home.mitchellandness.com/Best%20Damn%20Sports%20Show%2001/images/black_pixel.JPG Mitchell & Ness and Nike Partner To Recreate
Authentic Michael Jordan Uniforms http://home.mitchellandness.com/mn/images/MJ_Display.jpg
First in a Series of Authentic Vintage Jordan Jerseys to be Unveiled NBA All-Star Weekend

Philadelphia, PA February 2, 2007 – Mitchell & Ness Nostalgia Co., purveyors of authentic vintage sportswear since 1904, has announced a partnership with Nike to re-create the history of Michael Jordan’s NBA uniforms. The three-year exclusive agreement will feature a collection of authentic on-court uniforms commemorating defining moments of Jordan’s illustrious NBA career.

The first jersey in the collection, a historically accurate reproduction of Jordan’s 1987 Bulls road jersey, will be released Saturday, February 17th and will coincide with NBA All-Star Weekend and the 2007 Slam Dunk Contest. This year’s Slam Dunk Contest marks the 20th Anniversary since a young Michael Jordan took flight from the free throw line in 1987 and captured his first ever Slam Dunk Championship. “It is a privilege for our brand to be associated with Nike and one of the greatest athletes of all time”, said Sean McKinney, President of Mitchell & Ness. “We felt that All Star Weekend in Las Vegas presented the perfect opportunity to introduce this historic collection to the world.”

The limited edition run of 500 jerseys will come encased in a handmade wooden collector’s box and includes interior detail such as faux lizard skin, a commemorative 20th Anniversary patch and a signed letter of authenticity. The authentic jersey will be manufactured to the exact specifications of the original and will include special labeling to reflect the order in which it was produced. Both the jersey and the collector’s box are being made in the USA and the package will retail for $400.

The jerseys will be available at 23 select retail destinations in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Miami, Houston and Atlanta, as well as Front Row Sports at Fashion Show Mall on the Las Vegas strip.