PDA

View Full Version : All the Ortiz and Manny jerseys on eBay right now...

staindsox
03-16-2007, 08:32 PM
There seem to be quite a number of David Ortiz and Manny Ramirez jerseys up on eBay right now, especially from 2005. Seeing that many makes me a little nervous. I have to kind of wonder. I know they order extras for jersey trading and I'm sure they give them to "their people," but there really are a lot of them out there. Anyone with any thoughts on this?

Chris

staindsox
03-16-2007, 08:34 PM
7 Papi gamers are available right now, 7!!!

RobSteinmetz
03-16-2007, 08:42 PM
For what it's worth, I recieved a call from one of the agents for Manny Ramirez early in 2006 offering me more than THIRTY of his game worn jerseys from the previous season. I don't know who ended up with them, but he claimed to have one from every home run game in 2005. From what I hear, Ortiz did the same thing in 2005 and 2006.

staindsox
03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
WOW! Thanks for the info Rob. That would explain the supply. I wonder how that has affected the market value.

staindsox
03-16-2007, 09:04 PM
It's kinda like what they say about Bob Feller signed baseballs...

The only thing rarer than a Manny Ramirez game used Red Sox jersey is a Red Sox jersey that has NOT been game used by Manny Ramirez.

madlab7
03-17-2007, 11:04 PM
It does seem as if alot of them are around. I know it does with pants also. I am not sure how many pants that they make for both Manny and Ortiz, but we have at least 10 pair that are being recycled into minor league camp and appear as if they were issued rather that worn by them.

MooseDog
03-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I would find it hard to believe there are very many Sox minor leaguers who could fill Big Papi's pants.

It does seem as if alot of them are around. I know it does with pants also. I am not sure how many pants that they make for both Manny and Ortiz, but we have at least 10 pair that are being recycled into minor league camp and appear as if they were issued rather that worn by them.

madlab7
03-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I would find it hard to believe there are very many Sox minor leaguers who could fill Big Papi's pants.

Haha and you guessed it, only one guy wears them and he was a send down from Big league camp last week. Thats where 4 pairs of the "Ortiz" pants currently are.