PDA

View Full Version : question about the free global authentication

geoff
01-02-2006, 01:00 PM
HI how long do i have for the free 75 dollar global authentication.And does it have to be for a game used item or can it be for an autograph item.I just joined the basic membership.thanks

ChrisCavalier
01-03-2006, 11:45 AM
HI how long do i have for the free 75 dollar global authentication.And does it have to be for a game used item or can it be for an autograph item.I just joined the basic membership.thanks
Hello Geoff-

Regarding the amount of time you have to use your free one item Global authentication, there isn't any expiration date in the foreseeable future. Global is providing this as a means to give you an opportunity to try their services. As such, an expiration date had not been discussed. While I will check with Steve Rocchi at Global to see if he has an expiration date in mind, I would assume there isn't one anytime in the near future.

Regarding whether or not you can use the authentication for an autographed item, I will check with Steve on that as well. However, I need to make sure I understand the question. The promotion is for one free game used item authentication. While game used item authentications normally cost $75 or more (depending on the item), other authentications may not cost as much since the amount of time and effort required to authenticate game used items is usually more extensive than say a trading card or autograph.

Just to be clear, are you asking if you can use the promotional code you received for one autograph authentication or for $75 worth of services? I am interpreting your question to mean one autograph authentication (which is probably likely) but I wanted to make sure.

I will check with Steve Rocchi hopefully today (I think their offices are now open again after the holidays) and get back to you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

geoff
01-03-2006, 02:04 PM
Yes Chris either an autograph or a game used item.Ihave an Ali boxing glove i wanted to get authenticated for a while now.Thanks for the help.

sammy
01-03-2006, 02:20 PM
I am interested in a Babe Ruth authentication if the voucher could be used for that too. Please let me know.

Thanks.

ChrisCavalier
01-04-2006, 12:35 PM
I am interested in a Babe Ruth authentication if the voucher could be used for that too. Please let me know.
Hello Everyone-

I spoke with Steve Rocchi regarding the question about using the promotion codes for items that do not fall under the game used classification. While the program was intended to be consistent with our site's focus on game used items, Steve said he would be happy to honor the offer for any one item that Global authenticates. Thus, the code can alternatively be redeemed for either one autographed item, one card, or any one item Global authenticates.

In addition, as mentioned in my last posting, there has not been an expiration date assigned to these codes as of yet. I confirmed with Steve that his intent is to honor a promotional code regardless of when it is redeemed. This is consistent with my experience with Steve in that his goal is to help people with his company's services and that he will do everything he can to benefit the hobby. Therefore, if the promotional offer ever does end, and a timetable does need to be set to redeem the codes, it probably won't be for quite a while from the time the codes are issued.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. In addition, if you have any questions about Global please feel free to let Steve know by either posting here or contacting him directly. The number at Global is 949.474.1557. I think you will find Steve a pleasure to talk to and someone who is eager to help the hobby in whatever way he can.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe

BULBUS
01-11-2006, 11:39 AM
I registered as a Premier Member. I would like to use my free game used authentication on a g/u bat that I have. How do I go about sending in this bat. I emailed Global twice, and no reply. Also, the bat is autographed, is that included in the free authentication?

Thanks,
Chris

ChrisCavalier
01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I registered as a Premier Member. I would like to use my free game used authentication on a g/u bat that I have. How do I go about sending in this bat...Also, the bat is autographed, is that included in the free authentication?
Hello Chris-

Thanks for the question. To submit your item, you can download the submission form off the Global website. To find the form you can go to the Global website (http://www.gacard.net) and, on the global navigation on the left hand side of the page, click on "Submission Forms". When you get to the submission form page simply click on the "Sports and Memorabilia Submission Form" link and the form will come up (it is a PDF file). Here is a direct link to the form:

http://www.gacard.net/pdf/inv-auth-091205.pdf

If you have problems accessing it (you will need Abode Acrobat software), you can call Global direct at 949.474.1557 and they can get it to you some other way (fax, etc.). When you fill out the form, in a very conspicuous fashion, add the promotion code you received from us and note that it is a "Game Used Universe promotion code". Global has been given a list of the codes which are good for one authentication -- they will check the code off their list once it is used (please do not try to submit the code more than once).

As for your other question, the promotion code is only good for one authentication. If you would like both a game used authentication and an autograph authentication you will need to pay for the autograph (which is the cheaper of the two). However, as you can see from the regular costs on the form, Global is providing a fantastic benefit to Game Used Universe members.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
CEO - Game Used Universe