PDA

View Full Version : Mark McGwire game used bat question-help needed!

gameused
03-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I was offered several game used bats, one of them is a game used Mark McGwire Cardinals bat, can anyone tell by looking at the pics if this bat is a legit McGwire gamer.

The bat is from the 2000 season and was originally purchased from California Sport Investments in 2001.

What should I look for in a McGwire gamer as far as pine tar application, location of ball/stitch marks, etc?

I know a lot of guys on the forum collect McGwire and your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bobby

cjmedina1
03-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Bobby

If you go to mcgwire.com and birdbats.com there is some good info on thoose sites regarding Mcgwire game used bats.For me I own 5 bats.(4 Oakland A's and I cards bat.)I have a 00 bat.Pine tar is a must for Mcgwire gamers.Also for the most part he will use his bats until they cracked.Send me your email and I can send you some pics.

Carlie Medina III

carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

cjmedina1
03-17-2007, 11:03 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=2240&highlight=mark+mcgwire

If you click here.This is a 1986 sign gamer and a 2000 sign gamer:D :D :D

Birdbats
03-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Bobby,

Check out my McGwire bat buyer's guide:

http://webpages.charter.net/birdbats/Birdbats/Notes%20and%20Articles/McGwire%20bat%20buyers%20guide.htm

Hope that helps.

Jeff

bat_master
03-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi Bobby,

Please email me either at t_byington@yahoo.com or tim@hofbats.com. I have a couple of questions regarding these bats.

Thanks

gameused
03-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Jeff at Birdbats & Carlie

Thanks for links to the McGwire sites. Jeff your article on Mac is first class and very informative, great job!

Both of you have some quality Mac bats!

Several years ago a guy on ebay was selling a McGwire gamer from 1998 (I saved the pics), I sure wish I would have bid on this bat, if I remember right the bat did not hit the reserve price.

Has anyone seen this bat before or better yet, have this bat in their collection?

Best Regards, Bobby

panthrotc
08-02-2014, 11:38 AM
I own this bat.

lbjused
08-21-2014, 02:17 PM
^If you are interested in moving one bat please let me know. I'm looking for a nice 98 gamer^ Thanks.
mrzagorc@gmail.com