• Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

Manny' s grill on ebay!

Looks nice but how much use and did Manny actually use it

David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Re: Manny' s grill on ebay!

It appears that this auction is destined to be screwed up by some jerks out there.Manny is to much of a celebrity to try to sell stuff on ebay so out in the open.He probably has 1000 questions in his inbox by know.To bad.He should have just consigned it to someone.It actually appears that he has his own ebay account....funny!When will it ever stop with Manny???Thats why he's my main man.
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• camarokids
      • Jun 2006

210 bids currently and at $99,999,999.00 . yes you read that right. I had to double check myself . A million dollars for a $4k grill???????????? CRAZY !!!
      Thank you,
      David

This is my email address here!
      dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• camarokids
        • Jun 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
        210 bids currently and at $99,999,999.00 . yes you read that right. I had to double check myself . A million dollars for a $4k grill???????????? CRAZY !!!
        I'm sorry it's almost up to 100 million not one million...

any bets on whether or not anyone follow thru and pays for the grill
        Thank you,
        David

This is my email address here!
        dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Comment

• allstarsplus
          • Nov 2005

This is getting a lot of air time. A buddy of mine told me about it as they did a segment on ESPN's Pardon The Interuption (PTI) last night.

I hope Manny relists with Pre-Approved bidders to see what it will really sell for!

Regards,
          Andrew Lang
          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
          202-716-8500

Comment

• jon_8_us
            • May 2006

Originally posted by camarokids
            I'm sorry it's almost up to 100 million not one million...

any bets on whether or not anyone follow thru and pays for the grill

It's pretty apparent that someone is screwing with Manny.Look at all the bid cancellations.Too bad.Even though he is a sports superstar he should be allowed to sell a grill under his own name without a gang of people screwing it up for him!I would buy the grill if i were able to pick it up at his house and get to see him out of the element i have met him in a few times before...the Fenway park players parking lot.He is all business there and you never get more than a quick autograph if that.
            jon

Comment

• kellsox
              • Jan 2006

Manny's HS coach was on the local radio station today saying that Manny has not helped(financially) is old school out at all. The coach stated that all funding for the team is done through donations and fundraising. There is little if any $ in the budget for baseball. Other ML players were said to have wanted to help out but didn't want to make Manny "look bad". I'm a big Sox fan but have never really warmed up to him.

Comment

• hiramman
                • Feb 2007

I personally think ebay should boot people that make those outlandish bids off of ebay. All they do is screw it up for those that are really interested.
                Always looking for Atlanta Braves Game-Used items. hiramman@bellsouth.net

Comment

• hblakewolf
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Considering Manny has been selling just about every piece of his game used equipment and tons of extra jerseys with his own year tags, is this grill really a surprise?

Here's a guy making $100MM and he has to resort to getting on Ebay under his own name and trying to get back his $4,000 for a grill? It's seriously beyond belief.

It's a similar situation to one I just had. My daughters are now out of their cribs. I posted a note at their local school, and offered the cribs to anyone in need, free of charge. Sure, I could have taken out an ad in the paper or sold them on Ebay, but why? How about just doing a good deed by giving something to an individual and feeling good about it?

Manny could have called a local BBQ/Grill store in the Boston area and asked them to buy it at a reduced rate, or better yet, offer it to a neighbor or friend. After he sells it, he also has to box and ship it-no easy task.

In this day and age of "out of touch" sports figures, why is this not a real shocker?

Howard Wolf
                  hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

Comment

• jon_8_us
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by kellsox
                    Manny's HS coach was on the local radio station today saying that Manny has not helped(financially) is old school out at all. The coach stated that all funding for the team is done through donations and fundraising. There is little if any $ in the budget for baseball. Other ML players were said to have wanted to help out but didn't want to make Manny "look bad". I'm a big Sox fan but have never really warmed up to him.

Thats to bad to hear as a huge Manny fan.Maybe he should start by giving his old school the money from the proceeds of this grill???
                    jon

Comment

• jon_8_us
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by hblakewolf
                      Considering Manny has been selling just about every piece of his game used equipment and tons of extra jerseys with his own year tags, is this grill really a surprise?

Here's a guy making $100MM and he has to resort to getting on Ebay under his own name and trying to get back his $4,000 for a grill? It's seriously beyond belief.

It's a similar situation to one I just had. My daughters are now out of their cribs. I posted a note at their local school, and offered the cribs to anyone in need, free of charge. Sure, I could have taken out an ad in the paper or sold them on Ebay, but why? How about just doing a good deed by giving something to an individual and feeling good about it?

Manny could have called a local BBQ/Grill store in the Boston area and asked them to buy it at a reduced rate, or better yet, offer it to a neighbor or friend. After he sells it, he also has to box and ship it-no easy task.

In this day and age of "out of touch" sports figures, why is this not a real shocker?

Howard Wolf
                      hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS
                      Coming from Manny this should not shock anyone.He is a certified nutbar!As everyone may know Manny is my favorite ballplayer not favorite person.Who else but Manny"i don't care what no one thinks"Ramirez would go on ebay under his own name and sell a used grill??You can't take offense to this.We're talking about a guy who's head is in the clouds but his bust will be in Cooperstown.
                      jon

Comment

• jon_8_us
                        • May 2006

I mean have a look at this guy!LOL
                        Attached Files

Comment

• mwbosoxfan
                          • Mar 2006

It was reported in a segment of the Boston Globe's Extra Bases that Manny himself said that the grill was actually his neighbor's (in Florida) and he was just trying to help him out. Because the grill was represented as Manny's, I don't think that's a good thing to be misrepresenting something your selling. However, there's absolutely no place what so ever for placing ficticious bids on any auction on eBay or any other auction site. Buyer always beware on any auction and do your homework. There's no place for idiots bidding and retracting and placing bids either they don't intend to honor or just for the sake of driving up a price. It wrecks the whole process for all of us.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                            • Nov 2005

We had a similar discussion about charity not long ago on the Ripken Fire Helmet auction.

None of us know what Manny gives to charity so I don't think we should label him as another athlete cheapskate.

Yes, athletes are known to be tight with their money because many of them are smart enough to know that the big $$$$$$ won't last forever. Some are cheap because they don't know better. Some are skeptical of charities. Some just think the world owes them.

I don't know what Manny's deal is but if he wants to sell on eBay--go for it! Is it hurting anyone? Maybe he will give it to charity.
                            Regards,
                            Andrew Lang
                            AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                            202-716-8500

Comment

• tigerhidden
                              • Jan 2007

On ESPN'S day game between Boston and Pittsburgh they said it was his own teamates driving up the price as a joke.

Comment

Working...