PDA

View Full Version : Framing Jerseys

samc117
01-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Anyone know what a good price is for framing a jersey. It seems like some places want $500 and that seems steep for a jersey that might only be worth $300. Thanks - Sam

weimerskirch
01-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Sam-

$500.00 is a very high if you are just talking about framing. I place all my expensive jerseys in wooden cases made of exotic woods that cost less than that. If you would like some more information on my exotic wood cases let me know as I could send you pictures.

Secondly, if you still want to frame your jerseys check out www.american frame.com in Maumee, Ohio. If you want to save a ton of money you can order your frame, mat and framing materials. They will cut the frame and matting and send it to you. All you do is put it together (20 minutes max). These a high quality frames that are delivered within days of your order. I am a very satisfied customer and highly recommend them.

Mark

gameusedfan
01-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Mark, great stuff, I have been dealing with the same dilemna. I appreciate the framing site. One quick question---what kind of frame do you recommend? A traditional picture frame where you would really flatten out the jersey OR one of their shadowbox frames for a little more room to breathe. Any help would be appreciated.

weimerskirch
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Game Used Fan,

All my jerseys are in shadow boxes. Typically for jerseys they are 3" in depth. Width and height depend on the size of the jersey. The 3" inches allows the jersey to hang freely and not get all folded up like it would in a picture frame. If you have ever removed a jersey from a picture frame it will have tremendous folds in it and this would make it a bit more difficult to get your selling price.

Picture box is the way to go. If you would like pictures of mine let me know and I will post some.

Thanks,

Mark

apujols04
01-08-2006, 03:56 AM
Game Used Fan,

All my jerseys are in shadow boxes. Typically for jerseys they are 3" in depth. Width and height depend on the size of the jersey. The 3" inches allows the jersey to hang freely and not get all folded up like it would in a picture frame. If you have ever removed a jersey from a picture frame it will have tremendous folds in it and this would make it a bit more difficult to get your selling price.

Picture box is the way to go. If you would like pictures of mine let me know and I will post some.

Thanks,

Mark

please post pics. how much are the cases?

weimerskirch
01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Team,

I am travelling in the South this week and when I get back to Ohio I will post photos of various types of shadowboxes/frames.

Mark