PDA

View Full Version : your opinion on saints bush jersey on ebay ???

mchmaj
03-23-2007, 02:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Reggie-Bush-New-Orleans-Saints-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey_W0QQitemZ330101896962QQcategoryZ86829QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i checked it out on ebay and the seller has other picture of him in action and i compared the picture and the jersey hes selling
One thing that is bothering me is the shoulder numbers, it doesnt match to the jersey that hes selling
do u see the same thing ??
or all jerseys are not perfect as bush might wear more than 1 white jersey last year ??
let me know what you guys think
marcus

worldchamps
03-23-2007, 02:43 PM
What stands out to me is the state of Loiusianna looks to be closer to the number. Also the seam doesn't line up to the same spot on the state in the picture vs jersey.

I know it is hard to tell with the jersey being not stretched out.

It does have the tags removed, which is a good sign. But I think everyone knows now to do that.

Eric
03-23-2007, 02:49 PM
On the listing it says...

"it's from the person that orginally obtained the jersey from a Saints source, which also included other jerseys and cleats..."

could it be from the same source who was selling those things around here?

For what it's worth, it is also being sold by a person who is a guf member

Eric
03-23-2007, 03:00 PM
It appears to be the same jersey scott robinson was offering people (off the board) at the end of february. A friend of mine was sent pics of the jersey- front back and inside by Scott.

It also appears to be the same Bush jersey I asked people about which has this stitching. Can anyone knowledgeable in stitching say if this is how it should look.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4109&d=1172941594
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=7273&highlight=bush+stitching
Eric

worldchamps
03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Well that picture of the jersey confirms it is not the same jersey from the game picture. The State is entirely too close to the number.

Eric
03-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Here are the pics from when Mr. Robinson was selling it...

deacs86
03-23-2007, 03:41 PM
The Bush jersey was mine and sold to the current ebay seller...it was sourced from the same person that i got MANY Saints items from...also Eric Stengel, who previously posted my name as the original source for the Bush jersey purchased a Drew Brees red practice jersey from me about 6 weeks ago, and had absolutely NO ISSUES with the jersey....the Brees came from the same source as the Bush...just thought everyone should know;)

deacs86
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
The pics that were just posted are NOT the ones of the jersey on ebay that was sold....i had "team issued" Bush jerseys and cleats that were never used, as well as ones that were used...buth regular season and practice jerseys;)

Eric
03-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Scott-

As I mentioned in the thread about the "game used" JaMarcus Russell jersey which was missing patches and you ended up selling as issued,

"I bought the red brees jersey from you because i was able to do research on it on my own and it was a fair price. I matched the exact style of what was used, so if it was used or issued, I was happy with it. But the point is, I knew that information going into the transaction."

I think it's important for Scott and all other sellers to provide all of the important information when offering items for sale on the forum.

Or, go ahead and submit them to the game used universe auctions so that work will be done for you.

As long as the information is being shared, people know what they're paying for.

Eric

kingjammy24
03-23-2007, 03:54 PM
i have no clue about any of these jerseys or the whole saints fiasco.

i'm just curious what constantly mentioning the fact that eric had no problem with the brees jersey and that the brees jersey came from the same source has to do with anything? if the brees jersey was good, then every single jersey from this source is good?

if someone was selling bogus items, would they be stupid enough not to mix in a few good items in order to make the bad ones seem more attractive/less doubtful?

of all the sellers i've ever seen with bad items, i don't think any of them ever had 100% bad inventory. then again, maybe i just haven't run into someone stupid enough.

rudy.

deacs86
03-23-2007, 03:55 PM
I have no issued with Eric or anyone...he has been fair to me, and I understand the forum is a source of information for all collectors. It bothers me when mis information is posted, or assumptions are made about items without having confirmation;)

Eric
03-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Scott-

You're saying this jersey
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4448&d=1174681398
Is not this jersey?
http://home.earthlink.net/~cjarone/Bush%20Jersey%20003.jpg

beantown
03-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Hello forum members...I am the individual selling the BUSH jersey and I got it from the individual who already stated he sold it too me. Scott has been forthright on where he got the jersey and provided a letter as such. Not sure what more I can do at this point then back Scott's word and his 3rd party authentication guarantee...

pujols916
03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
hi i also have got items from scott and have had no issues and am very happy with my items if your not sure always ask thats the way just do it the right way , never put someone else in your discussion thats manners :cool:

deacs86
03-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Just wanted to thank the previous 2 posters..its about time people stop criticizing others items until they have all the facts straight...im not out to screw anyone over, and i appreciate the positive feedback that others have left..just a word to the wise, get your facts straight;)

Eric
03-24-2007, 10:47 AM
its about time people stop criticizing others items until they have all the facts straight...

Scott please explain this.

It is against forum rules to criticize someone's items without the facts. If that has occurred, you should tell the moderators so they can edit the posts.

If you're referring to the fact that I mentioned the jersey was originally sold by you and came from the same saints source who provided items people had questions about, that is a factual statement.

Again, we're about information sharing around here.

Pujols916, I'm happy for you that you had a positive experience with Mr. Robinson. What did you buy from him? Any pics?
Thanks
Eric

ChrisCavalier
03-24-2007, 11:35 AM
It is against forum rules to criticize someone's items without the facts. If that has occurred, you should tell the moderators so they can edit the posts.

If you're referring to the fact that I mentioned the jersey was originally sold by you and came from the same saints source who provided items people had questions about, that is a factual statement.

Again, we're about information sharing around here.
For the record, as one of the forum moderators, I think Eric is completely justified in making this statement. In case you haven't seen it, there is a statement at the bottom of this forum that states "This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other."

If you are going to participate on this site and try to include its members as potential customers for your merchandise, then you will need to be prepared to answer questions that are asked which are in line with the forum rules. If you feel these questions are a hassle, there are plenty of other venues you can currently try to sell your merchandise where people may not have as many questions. However, this site revolves around educating buyers so that they can make informed decisions about the items they are considering purchasing. We were created to help collectors and that includes giving them the ability to ask legitimate questions.

As Eric stated, if there have been any rule violations please let us know. Otherwise, given the facts concerning this matter, I will have to ask that members please refrain from unjustified comments like "its about time people stop criticizing others items until they have all the facts straight" as that comment itself borders on violating one of the forum rules (rule #3).

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Christopher Cavalier
Forum Moderator

beantown
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
I ended selling the Bush jersey off Ebay to an individual who received it today. He stated he liked the jersey very much and knew the original owner (Scott) from previous dealings and had the chance to speak to him about the Bush jersey. Just wanted to thank Scott for being open and forthright with me and the new owner of the jersey…thanks Scott.