PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant Jersey Information

ChrisCavalier
03-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Hello Everyone,

In the spirit of sharing information to the collecting community, I was recently contacted by a gentleman name Dan Ceniceros. Mr. Ceniceros is someone who has spent quite a few years dealing in Los Angeles Laker memorabilia and he expressed concern about the number of Kobe Bryant jerseys that are circulating in the hobby that are not consistent with what his experience tells him Kobe has worn throughout the years.

Thus, in an effort to provide additional data for collectors to consider, Mr. Ceniceros has asked that we post the following information that he has sent to us. Please note that we are posting this information on Mr. Ceniceros' behalf. Given Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the market, collectors need to realize they will be trusting Mr. Ceniceros as the source of this information if they are going to factor it into their evaluations of Kobe Bryant jerseys on the market.

While Mr. Ceniceros' knowledge of Laker memorabilia appears to be well-known among basketball memorabilia collectors (Mr. Ceniceros also stated he is an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market), please note that this information is coming from Mr. Ceniceros and collectors should view the information as such. As Mr. Ceniceros is more comfortable talking to people on the phone, he has also provided his phone number below if anyone wishes to contact him directly. However, once again, please note that Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the memorabilia market and collectors should understand that when speaking with him.

Below is the information Mr. Ceniceros asked us to pass along to collectors. In addition, Mr. Ceniceros has also informed me that Upper Deck has an exclusive on Kobe Bryant game used jerseys for 2006-07 and they will pursue anyone advertising the public sale of such jerseys. Once again, please note the Upper Deck information is also coming from Mr. Ceniceros. With that said, here is the information he asked us to post:

"Hello,

My name is Dan Ceniceros and I am formally known as the foremost Lakers memorabilia expert in the hobby. This is based on my 20 years experience with the Lakers and the hobby. I would like to clarify some of the size information that is floating around the hobby. My goal is to provide the collector the most accurate information so that when they decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game worn jersey or any other Lakers jersey they will have the information they need to obtain a genuine collectible. Below you will find a summary of Kobe Bryant’s jersey and manufactures sizes from his eleven years in the NBA.

Summary of Kobe Bryant Jersey Manufacturers and Sizes

Rookie Year 1996-97 (Champion – Pro Mesh old tank top style)

Wore size 44 at beginning of season then moved to size 46 at end of season.
This is also the only year Kobe wore Champion.
Note: 1996-97 was the 50th anniversary of the NBA. Some of the jerseys were sent to teams with the red white & blue NBA logo patch and some came through without any patch at all. Champion made gold 50th anniversary patches that were sent to teams to be sewn on.
Because this was the last year of champion teams received a smaller allotment of champion equipment.

1997-99 (Nike - Pro Mesh old tank top style)

1997-98 Nike is the new manufacture for Lakers uniforms. Kobe wore size 46.
1998-99 Kobe wore size 46 but experimented with sizes 48 and 50 (48 and 50 proved to be too big).
There should only be a couple of size 48 & 50 Kobe jerseys. We have seen a great amount of size 50 Kobe factory issued jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jersey.

1999-2000 (Nike – Dri Fit Cotton Material)

Primarily wore size 50 (one or two 48s have popped up). Lakers switched to a new style and a new material called Dri-Fit Cotton. The new style had a v neck with smaller arm and neck holes. Because of the elasticity in pro mesh players from the previous year had to go up two sizes. Kobe went from a 46 to a 50 and Shaq went from a 56 to a 60. Also because of the death of Wilt Chamberlin the Lakers affixed black memorial strip patches to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

2000-2001 (Nike – Dry Fit Cotton Material)

Primarily wore size 50 for first ¾ of season and then switched to size 52 for the last ¼ of season. Photo evidence is available of Kobe switching to size 52 at the end of the season and going into the playoffs.

2001-2003/04 (Nike – Dry Fit Cotton Material)

Wore size 52
2001-2002: 9/11 patches are added near the left shoulder on all Lakers jerseys
2002-2003: Lakers debut there new white Sunday alternate uniforms and because of the death of the Late Great Chick Hearn black memorial strip patches were affixed to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

2003-2004: This was the last year with Nike as a manufacture and because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment. The Lakers also wore royal blue uniforms with the white original Los Angeles lettering across the chest for a total of six throw back games.

2004-05 (Reebok)

Wore size 56 and a couple size 54 in the old throwback tank top style.
First Reebok jerseys (pre-season) were size 58. The Lakers only wore one home gold uniform throughout the pre-season. Once the pre-season was completed and the rosters were set Kobe began to wear size 56. Once again we have come across a lot of size 50 Reebok factory issued Kobe jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jerseys.
Kobe Bryant never wore size 50 while wearing Reebok. The Lakers also wore powder blue uniforms for a total of five throwback games. Photo evidence is available of Kobe wearing size 56. The picture has been posted right here on game used universe and was first seen on one of my eBay auctions.

Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and in an effort to raise money for the victims Kenny Smith and the NBA sponsored a celebrity basketball game in Houston. The uniforms that were worn during that game were later auctioned off on NBA.COM. Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady and Lebron James jerseys that were auctioned off were all size 56.

2005-06 (Reebok)

Wears size 56
Occasional size 58 (home/road)
This was the last year the Lakers used Reebok as a uniform manufacture and again because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment.
2006-07 (Adidas)
Kobe is currently wearing a size 54. Photo evidence is available due to the fact that Upper Deck and Kobe’s Vivo Foundation held an auction through eBay at the beginning of the season auctioning off Kobe’s first game worn 24 home jersey. Again we have seen at least eight size 56 Adidas factory issued Kobe jerseys hit the open market and again when closely examining the factory issued Kobe jersey it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number).

I hope this information helps you out the next time you decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game used jersey. These are the sizes I know Kobe has worn and is wearing and they are the only sizes I would recommend. I am currently an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market.
If you have any questions about any other Lakers player’s jersey sizes or any questions about Kobe please don’t hesitate to call.

Dan Ceniceros
323.257.4898"

Notemanz
03-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I Have personally dealt with Dan of DC for the last 5 years and I find him to be THE Laker game used authority. I trust Dan's opinion and he has helped me build a great Kobe collection. I highly recommend his advice and services.

John Debney

both-teams-played-hard
03-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Dan's information is great for NBA collectors. It casts more doubt on the flood of Kobe jerseys on the market.

worldchamps
03-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I would love to know his input on shoes too....at any given point there are about a dozen pair of "game worn" Kobe Bryant shoes on ebay.

Bill

otismalibu
03-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Talk about range. Size 44-58.

lund6771
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
I agree...I've known Dan MANY years...I might be one of the most fussiest buyers out there, and he'd be THE ONLY person that I would trust buying any Lakers stuff from...I've posted here before about how all the Kobe Size 50 jerseys from the last few years that are out there are all garbage, because the dude wears a way bigger jersey!!!...Most guys that have great coonections like Dan seem to be very arrogant, but Dan has always been a super guy...

If you like or want Lakers stuff I'd call him

lund6771
03-28-2007, 01:55 AM
looks like VA has another size 50 Kobe Bryant jersey....wow, I'd love to own that pro-cut...I mean, game used according to the authenticator for the Smithsonian

DConLA
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
I would love to know his input on shoes too....at any given point there are about a dozen pair of "game worn" Kobe Bryant shoes on ebay.

Bill
Hello Bill yes there is a lot of KOBE shoes on EBAY.if you have any specific questions please call me any time .every season i get KOBE and other LAKERS players shoes,this year is no different. DAN 323 257-4898

DConLA
03-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Talk about range. Size 44-58.
Here is KOBE as a rookie in size 44. and hip hop KOBE in size 58 04/05 preseason.

lund6771
04-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I see that VA has another Kobe size 50 jersey with a LOA from Lampson for the 19th auction in a row...or maybe it's the 20th...I lost count

SilverCity
04-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello,

I just recently viewed American Memorabilia’s current auction and they have a pair of Kobe Zoom 2 shoes that were worn by Kobe. I was wondering if Mr. Ceniceros had access to a pair just like AM pair.

SilverCity

DConLA
04-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello,

I just recently viewed American Memorabilia’s current auction and they have a pair of Kobe Zoom 2 shoes that were worn by Kobe. I was wondering if Mr. Ceniceros had access to a pair just like AM pair.

SilverCity
HELLO SilverCity
Yes i do have KOBE ZOOM 2 SHOES JUST LIKE THE ONES IN AM CURRENT AUCTION.Please call me at 323 257-4898 or email me at daniel248@earthlink.net
DAN

DConLA
04-04-2007, 08:06 PM
HELLO Re to HIP HOP KOBE
I GOT A FEW PHONE CALL ASKING ME WHAT DID I MEAN BY HIP HOP KOBE.I WAS ONLY REFERRING TO THE SIZE KOBE IS WEARING IN THE PICTURE OF HIM IN 04/05 PRESEASON BIG AND BAGGY SIZE 58.REMEMBER KOBE AND SHAQ WERE FINED FOR WEARING THEIR SHORTS TO BIG BY THE NBA.
DAN

DConLA
04-05-2007, 12:16 AM
I see that VA has another Kobe size 50 jersey with a LOA from Lampson for the 19th auction in a row...or maybe it's the 20th...I lost count
A PICTURE IS WORTH? THAT IS NOT A SIZE 50 RIGHT.

DConLA
04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello New Informations Has Come Up For Kobe And The Sizes He Is Using In Jerseys This Season 06/07. Size 54 Was Seen In The Uda Auction Early This Season.i Now Have Proof Of Kobe Also Using A Size 56 As Well. I Will Post Pictures Of Kobes Locker And The Uniforms Hanging In Them From This Season. The Size, Manufactures,and Year Tags Displayed In Kobes Locker With The Name Plate (bryant) Hanging Above His Locker.

DConLA
04-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Here Are The Pictures Of Kobes Locker With Home Gold Jersey Size 54 Shorts Size 46 And The Home White Alt Jersey In Size 56 Shorts Size 46.These Pictures Were Taken In The Last 10 Days. As I Stated Before
upon Close Inspection Jerseys Made For The Lakers In L.A.(name And Numbers)can Be Easly Identified From The Factory Made Team Issued Jerseys.

Dan

lund6771
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
I see that Historic has another Size 50 with "very heavy use"...I feel bad for the over-worked washing machine that had to put the use on this one

DConLA
04-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Kobe Hasn't Used A Size 50 Since The 2000/2001 Season.not In The Regular Season Or Playoffs.

Dan

DConLA
04-23-2007, 04:58 PM
A word of caution, just spoke to one of the auction houses that received a cease and desist letter from Upper Deck regarding Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 #24 jerseys.

Not only will Upper Deck prosecute they will also try to confiscate any Kobe 2006-07 #24 jerseys that are sold in the public domain.

kingjammy24
04-23-2007, 05:14 PM
"A word of caution, just spoke to one of the auction houses that received a cease and desist letter from Upper Deck regarding Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 #24 jerseys. Not only will Upper Deck prosecute they will also try to confiscate any Kobe 2006-07 #24 jerseys that are sold in the public domain."

years ago, the yankees did the same. then they signed an agreement with steiner. now it seems like they've lost their lust for litigation as there are dozens of non-steiner '05 and '06 jerseys everywhere; ebay, auction houses, etc. the yankees/steiner do nothing at all. why were they lawsuit happy prior to the steiner agreement and now that the fakes are more apparent, they seemingly couldn't care less. i imagine steiner paid a princely sum for their exclusive yankees contract and yet they stand idly by while 05/06 non-steiner jeter, matsui, and arod jerseys are sold all over the place for thousands of dollars? what gives, malandro? throw the lawyers a bone. litigators need to eat too!

rudy.

ChrisCavalier
04-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Hello Dan,

I just wanted to say thank you for posting the pictures of Kobe's locker. I believe that is really helpful for collectors as they try to evaluate the Kobe jerseys in the secondary market.

Sincerely,
Chris

hblakewolf
04-26-2007, 09:41 AM
A word of caution, just spoke to one of the auction houses that received a cease and desist letter from Upper Deck regarding Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 #24 jerseys.

Not only will Upper Deck prosecute they will also try to confiscate any Kobe 2006-07 #24 jerseys that are sold in the public domain.

Dan-
Legally, how can Upper Deck confiscate anything without proof of it being stolen directly from them? Does Upper Deck purchase the inventory of jerseys to be worn by Kobe, thus, allowing them to completely control the distribution?

Are we to believe that an auction house, offering a current season Kobe jersey, may be contacted by Upper Deck's lawyers to return the shirt to them? It's my understanding that unless Upper Deck can provide some type of police report showing clear evidence that the shirt in question was indeed their property and is now "stolen", they don't have a leg to stand on.

I'd enjoy a lawyer on this Forum chiming in as to how a company can try to do this?

Interesting.....very interesting....

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

DConLA
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
After reading your post Howard I called my attorney and asked him the same questions and he informed me that if Upper Deck is stating that they have an exclusive contract for all of Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 game used #24 jerseys then they can prosecute and confiscate any jersey that pops up in the open market claiming to be a 2006-07 Kobe Bryant game used jersey (any size). Because of that contract they own the rights to all of Kobe’s 2006-07 game used jerseys and if they see a jersey in an auction that does not have a UDA hologram or letter then that jersey is in fact stolen property or a counterfeit and if they choose to prosecute or confiscate legally they can.

As I stated before the auction house that received the cease and desist letter was also asked to confiscate the jersey and return it to Upper Deck. I am sharing this information to warn any potential seller that if they choose to sell a 06-07 Kobe they are doing so at their own risk.

both-teams-played-hard
04-28-2007, 03:21 PM
It's my understanding that unless Upper Deck can provide some type of police report showing clear evidence that the shirt in question was indeed their property and is now "stolen", they don't have a leg to stand on.

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5606/kobebackfbiyy5.jpg

DConLA
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
They Have Both Legs To Stand On! Exclusive Means Exclusive Only Upper Deck Can Sell A Kobe #24 2006/07 Jersey On The Open Market.just Ask Your Attorney I've Already Spoken To Mine. And You Know What He Said. All Of Kobes #24 2006/07 Jerseys Belong To Upper Deck And The Rights To Market Them To The Public.

Dan

DConLA
05-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Another Auction House Has Taken Down A Game Used Kobe 06/07 Jersey OR CHANGED IT TO TEAM ISSUED.That Makes A Total Of 3 Auctions Houses So Far.
DAN

Mac670
05-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Thank You Dan

Today I made a trip to Frank And Sons to meet with Dan Ceniceros. I brought a Kobe 24 game used jersey I recently purchased. He brought other jersey to show what a real gamer would look like. With his expertise and knowledge of laker memorabillia, he determined mine was a team issued jersey, not game used. I would like to thank Dan personally for saving me some money. I will begin the process to recover the money I paid. Dan is a real nice person to take the time out of his schedule to meet me and even show many pieces of Game used Laker gear. He even inspected older Kobe Jerseys of mine and gave his expertise as authentic. I already knew this because those had already been authenticated by Grey Flannel. He is a truly nice guy.

Thank you once again Dan!

Anthony

DConLA
05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks Anthony
For The Post It Was Nice To Meet You As Well.
I Would Like To Say Any One In The Southern California Area That Would Like To Meet With Me And Compare Their Kobe Jersey With Mine.i'd Be Happy To Get Together With You. Just Give Me A Call At 323 257-4898 And We Can Set The Date And Time.
Dan

worldchamps
05-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Dan

What Kobe items do you have for sale?

rangersstars@yahoo.com

DConLA
05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Dan

What Kobe items do you have for sale?

rangersstars@yahoo.com

JUST GIVE ME A CALL AT 323 257-4898

DAN

beantown
06-22-2007, 11:44 PM
After reading your post Howard I called my attorney and asked him the same questions and he informed me that if Upper Deck is stating that they have an exclusive contract for all of Kobe Bryant’s 2006-07 game used #24 jerseys then they can prosecute and confiscate any jersey that pops up in the open market claiming to be a 2006-07 Kobe Bryant game used jersey (any size). Because of that contract they own the rights to all of Kobe’s 2006-07 game used jerseys and if they see a jersey in an auction that does not have a UDA hologram or letter then that jersey is in fact stolen property or a counterfeit and if they choose to prosecute or confiscate legally they can.

As I stated before the auction house that received the cease and desist letter was also asked to confiscate the jersey and return it to Upper Deck. I am sharing this information to warn any potential seller that if they choose to sell a 06-07 Kobe they are doing so at their own risk.

Dan,

This appears to be a problem.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-L-A-Lakers-Game-Worn-Used-Jersey-Auto-2006_W0QQitemZ180132745841QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50135 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No mention of UDA hologram or letter...how do you believe these jerseys are getting away from UDA and on the open market?

Texans
06-23-2007, 05:13 AM
For sale is a number 8 jersey and not a 24.

jojo

hblakewolf
06-23-2007, 06:13 AM
Dan-
Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=37017

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Texans
06-23-2007, 02:17 PM
You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com (http://www.jersey-joe.com) and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.

jojo

both-teams-played-hard
06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
You can go now to www.jersey-joe.com (http://www.jersey-joe.com) and order any procut NBA jersey. You have to order two of them though. You can get any player you want from what I understood. From allstar to the last guy on the bench.

This site is new to me. Obviously, it explains the abundance of NBA jerseys on the market. I don't know anything about recent NBA game-worns. It seems Meigray is the place to buy modern NBA jerseys. I dig the old-school stuff too much to buy anything sized 58+4 (I still don't know what these numbers mean).

In slightly-related news...the Kobe Basketball Academy starts soon. The camp will take place at Loyola Marymount University. The price for the week is $600. This was cut&pasted from Kobe's website:

"Kobe will be on-site each day. Kobe will be conducting lectures, instructing, interacting with campers and competing in counselor games. Each camper will receive a team photo with Kobe and one signed personal autograph from Kobe. No number eight jerseys will be signed."

Smart marketing. Make a new generation of sell-outs buy the number "24". You still have the number "8"? That is soooo tired. What's wrong? Your parents on the welfare?

DConLA
06-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Dan-
Is it possible that Upper Deck allowed an un-worn Kobe jersey out? If not, is this the "loophole" for seeling his #24 jerseys?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=37017

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

HOWARD IF AMI IS SELLING IT AS TEAM ISSUED THATS FINE. UDA ONLY CARES IF YOUR SELLING A GAME USED JERSEY OF KOBES 2006/2007 ANY SIZE EVEN A FAKE, IF YOU ARE SELLING IT AS GAME USED THEN THEY CARE. DAN

D9521
07-09-2007, 03:32 AM
Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks

DConLA
07-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Dan,

so is the Kobe home 56+2 on AMI legit. I saw that Kobe home jersey was a 54+?(couldn't make out the lenght) in the pictures you posted from the Lakers lockerroom. could Kobe have started wearing sz 56+2 in the home jersey later in the season? thanks

HELLO KOBE WORE 54+2 AND 56+2 THIS LAST SEASON 2006/2007.THE JERSEY IS A LEGIT FACTORY TEAM ISSUE AND NOT ONE THAT WAS MADE IN L.A. FOR THE LAKERS.I CAN TELL BY JUST LOOKING AT THE PICTURE AND THE PLACEMENT OF NAME AND NUMBERS.I WILL POST PICTURES NEXT
DAN
323 257-4898 DANIEL248@EARTHLINK.NET

DConLA
07-09-2007, 03:55 PM
Here are the pictures. The getty picture of Kobe is from March 6th, 2007 (Lakers vs. Timberwolves). The second picture is in a word doc that is attached

DConLA
08-01-2007, 05:03 PM
I found this picture of Kobe in my collection it is from the 2001 NBA Western Conference Finals (Lakers vs. Spurs).

As you can see from the picture Kobe is about to throw it down and you can clearly see his size tag and it is a Nike 52. Kobe wore this jersey on Friday, May 25, 2001 during game 3. The picture was published in The Orange County Register. From 2001 on Kobe only wore a size 50 during the 2004 NBA All-Star game which was made by Reebok.

DC

allentsang2003
08-02-2007, 03:24 AM
Here are the pictures. The getty picture of Kobe is from March 6th, 2007 (Lakers vs. Timberwolves). The second picture is in a word doc that is attached

Hi,
I still cannot see the difference between team issued and game-used.
Can you decribe more detail how the letters and numbers is difference??
Please, we all want to know how define it.
Thx!

DConLA
08-07-2007, 04:54 AM
JUST GO TO POST #39 AND LOOK AT THE 2 PICTURES.THE GETTY PICTURE WHICH IS OF KOBE IN ACTION AND THE OTHER PHOTO AND LOOK AT THE SPACING IN THE LETTERING ON THE NAME BRYANT.AND NOW LOOK AT THE ARC SEE A DIFFERENTS.NOW KEEP THE GETTY PICTURE AND IF U COME ACROSS A KOBE JERSEY U LIKE START WITH COMPARING THE JERSEY TO THE GETTY PICTURE.THERE IS MORE BUT THIS A GOOD START.

DAN
323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

DConLA
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
HELLO EVERYONE I JUST BOUGHT A KOBE 2006/2007 HOME FACTORY TEAM ISSUED JERSEY SIZE 54 ON E BAY, AND I JUST GOT IT IN THE MAIL.TO SHARE THIS IMFO I WILL BE POSTING THE PICS OF THIS JERSEY. NEXT TO A ROAD GAME USED 2006/2007 JERSEY SIZE 54 THIS WEEKEND SO YOU CAN ALL SEE THE DIFFERENTS.HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

DConLA
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS.TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE CALLED AND ASKED ME ABOUT THE KOBE ROOKIE JERSEY 96/97 UP FOR AUCTIONS.ITS THE RIGNT SIZE 46+2 HE WORE THAT SIZE AT THE END OF HIS ROOKIE YEAR.I CAN'T SEE THE LETTERING UP CLOSE,BUT ON HIS ROOKIE JERSEY THE LETTERING SHOULD BE HAND CUT.UP TO THIS POINT ALL LAKERS JERSEYS HAD HAND CUT LETTERING.AND SOME OF THE NEXT YEAR 97/98 BEFORE NIKE SENT THE LAKERS FACTORY CUT LETTERS.FROM THIS POINT ON THE LAKERS JERSEYS LOST THE HAND MADE LOOK. O THE JERSEY LOOKS GOOD.

DAN

DConLA
09-07-2007, 05:19 PM
We recently purchased this factory team issued home Kobe Bryant #24 2006-07 jersey of off eBay (item # 270157007260) for research purposes. We wanted to visually show you the difference between a real gamer and a factory issued jersey. Below are pictures of the home factory jersey and a real game worn road Kobe Bryant 2006-07 Jersey. The arch on the factory jersey is different then the arch on the gamer also the spacing on the factory jersey is spread out more then the gamer. There are other subtleties but these are the most visible. These factory jerseys are very easy to come by as you can see I just bought one off eBay. Now with all of the information I have given if you still have concerns about a jersey give me a call and I will try to help you out. There are still several other ways to spot a fake that I have not revealed. Another tip when buying a Kobe gamer is if you see a Kobe Bryant game worn jersey selling in the hundreds or low teens then you might want to take a closer look. I know there are exceptions hard times fall on all of us but I think you get at what I am saying. I re-listed the factory home jersey in my eBay store for exactly what I paid. Now that I have the info I needed I no longer have any use for it. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290158468945&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

DAN 323.257.4898
Daniel248@earthlink.net

T. VO
09-09-2007, 10:42 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS.TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE CALLED AND ASKED ME ABOUT THE KOBE ROOKIE JERSEY 96/97 UP FOR AUCTIONS.ITS THE RIGNT SIZE 46+2 HE WORE THAT SIZE AT THE END OF HIS ROOKIE YEAR.I CAN'T SEE THE LETTERING UP CLOSE,BUT ON HIS ROOKIE JERSEY THE LETTERING SHOULD BE HAND CUT.UP TO THIS POINT ALL LAKERS JERSEYS HAD HAND CUT LETTERING.AND SOME OF THE NEXT YEAR 97/98 BEFORE NIKE SENT THE LAKERS FACTORY CUT LETTERS.FROM THIS POINT ON THE LAKERS JERSEYS LOST THE HAND MADE LOOK. O THE JERSEY LOOKS GOOD.

DAN

Hi everyone,

I was the winner of the Kobe Grey Flannel Rookie Jersey. I'm mainly a sports card collector and didn't know much about game used jerseys but from what I could see, the jersey looked authentic. Stumbled upon this message board today and been reading all day (great information!). Just wondering if anyone has any input regarding the Kobe rookie jersey from grey flannel? This going to be THE centerpiece of my sports collection. Also, what's a good place to purchase a frame to frame it in? Looking for the kind where you hang the jersey in the frame, not pin it down flat. Thanks for any help you guys could provide!

Mac670
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey Dan
I have a question, those jerseys that are being offered universalrarities authentic. In the earlier discussion, you stated UD is the only Company able to sell the 24 game used jersey. Can you give us your expertise on those items.

Thanks
Anthony

DConLA
09-18-2007, 02:31 PM
HELLO ANTHONY
MY PURPOSE FOR WRITING THIS TREAD WAS TO EDUCATE THE COLLECTOR ON KOBE BRYANT JERSEYS.I'VE GIVEN YOU HIS SIZES BY YEAR AND PICTURES.TO HELP YOU WHEN PURCHASEING A KOBE JERSEY.I WILL NEVER TALK ABOUT ANY AUCTION HOUSE OR AUTHENTICATOR.THE ROOKIE AND FINALS JERSEY LOOK GOOD. ANYONE NEEDING HELP ON KOBE OR ANY LAKERS JERSEYS CONTACT ME.

DConLA
09-27-2007, 12:46 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS
AS SOON AS CAMP OPENS FOR THE LAKERS AND THEY PLAY THEIR FIRST PRESEASON GAME. I WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOU HIS SIZE AND PICTURES OF KOBE'S JERSEY AND THE TAGS. COMING IN OCT 2007
THE PRESEASON OF THE 2007/2008 NBA SEASON.

DAN 323 257-4898
daniel248@earthlink.net

sngeetze
10-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Item number: 300157074622

REAL GAMER IN EBAY?

DConLA
10-05-2007, 01:18 PM
SIZE 54 ? SEND SELLER A MESSAGE ON EBAY 2 DAYS AGO NO REPLY YET. PICS ON LISTING ARE TO SMALL TO TELL. 8'S ARE NOW RETRIED BY KOBE AND SHOULD BE GOING UP KOBE WON'T EVEN SIGN THEM ANY MORE.I HAVE ONE THAT IS SIGNED AND I WANT DOUBLE THE PRICE.READ POST 45 IT'S YOUR CALL.

DConLA
10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
KOBE IS WEARING THE SAME SIZE IN 07/08 THAT HE WORE LAST YEAR 06/07 SIZE 54.THE LAKERS ARE ALSO WEARING THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY MATCH ON ALL THEIR UNIFORMS.I THINK THE REST OF THE NBA IS ALLSO DOING THE SAME.

Mac670
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Dan
I thought he wore size 56 last season. Can you please clarify?

Anthony+-

DConLA
10-09-2007, 02:06 PM
HELLO ANTHONY
KOBE STARTED LAST SEASON 06/07 IN A SIZE 54.AND DURING THE SEASON HE STARTED WEARING A SIZE 56 WILL HE DO THAT AGAIN I DON'T KNOW.BUT HE DID START THIS SEASON WITH A SIZE 54.HIS FIRST GAME IS TONIGHT. go lakers VIVA KOBE

DConLA
10-10-2007, 12:33 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
KOBE IS WEARING THE SAME SIZE IN 07/08 THAT HE WORE LAST YEAR 06/07 SIZE 54.THE LAKERS ARE ALSO WEARING THE 60TH ANNIVERSARY MATCH ON ALL THEIR UNIFORMS.I THINK THE REST OF THE NBA IS ALLSO DOING THE SAME.

SORRY KOBE FANS
THE 60TH PATCH ON LAKERS INIFORM IS EXCLUSIVE TO THIS YEAR 07/08 LAKERS AS THEY WERE EST. IN 1946. NO OTHER TEAM WILL HAVE THIS PATCH.IT IS THE LAKERS 60TH YEAR IN THE NBA. LETS SEE IF THESE PATCHS SHOW UP ON LAKERS FACTORY TEAM ISSUES JERSEYS?

DConLA
10-11-2007, 04:24 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
HERE IS A PICTURE OF KOBE WITH THE LAKERS 60TH ANNIVESARY PATCH.

Mac670
10-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Dan

I just came across two full white Kobe uniforms that I would like you to inspect. I could send you some pics. Let me know.

Anthony :)

DConLA
10-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Dan

I just came across two full white Kobe uniforms that I would like you to inspect. I could send you some pics. Let me know.

Anthony :)

JUST GIVE ME A CALL. 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

DAN

both-teams-played-hard
10-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Remember when Kobe was a soccer player and wasn't ruining basketball teams?
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/1038/kobechastainrx8.jpg

DConLA
11-08-2007, 01:29 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS HERE IS WHAT A COMPLETE KOBE BRYANT LAKERS HOME ALTERNATE GAME WORN UNIFORM LOOKS LIKE. THIS IS FROM MY PERSONAL COLLECTION. INCLUDED IN THE PHOTO IS KOBE’S JERSEY, SHORTS, BREAKAWAY WARM-UP PANTS, SHOOTING SHIRT AND NIKE KOBE ZOOM 1 SHOES. KOBE WORE THIS COMPLETE LAKERS SUNDAY ALTERNATE UNIFORM DURING THE 2006-07 NBA SEASON.

sngeetze
11-09-2007, 07:00 AM
Omg! Do We Have A Chance To Have A Look At Your Personal Collection?

T. VO
11-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Hi Dan,

What are your opinions of the current Kobe Bryant Away Jersey up for auction at grey flannel. I've also emailed you regarding a Kobe jersey I purchased as well. Your opinion would greatly be appreciated!

Mac670
11-10-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't see any away jersey on the grey flannel web-site. Can you tell me where it is?

Mac670
11-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I found it!

sngeetze
11-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Item number: 200172677766

real gamer?

DConLA
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
Omg! Do We Have A Chance To Have A Look At Your Personal Collection?
SOME OF MY KOBE COLLECTION FROM TIME TO TIME AS NEEDED.

DConLA
11-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi Dan,

What are your opinions of the current Kobe Bryant Away Jersey up for auction at grey flannel. I've also emailed you regarding a Kobe jersey I purchased as well. Your opinion would greatly be appreciated!
I'LL TAKE A LOOK GET BACK SOON.

DConLA
11-18-2007, 12:25 AM
I'LL TAKE A LOOK GET BACK SOON.

AS I SAID ABOUT KOBE 99/00 KOBE WORE ONE OR TWO 48S THIS LOOKS LIKE ONE OF THEM. HAS A WILT STRAP IT LOOKS TO BE REAL. GREY FLANNEL KNOWS HIS SIZES NOW SO YOU SHOULD BE OK.JUST LOOK AT MY 1ST POST YEAR BY YEAR WHAT KOBE WORE.

Texans
11-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Is this the other 48 also?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39352

sngeetze
11-18-2007, 08:36 AM
I believe it is legit, compare with this one, I prefer 01-02 purple.

I wish I would get one 01-02 road GU/GI, the one with 911 patch on it.

Texans
11-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah I like the purple one better but the other one is auto.

DConLA
11-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I believe it is legit, compare with this one, I prefer 01-02 purple.

I wish I would get one 01-02 road GU/GI, the one with 911 patch on it.

BOTH OF THE JERSEYS AMI AND GFI LOOK GOOD.I WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT THE STRAP.I LIKE ANY KOBE JERSEY THAT HAS A STRAP OR PATCH ALL I HAVE TO DO IS SEE THEM TO MAKE SURE.THIS YEAR KOBE WITH THE 60TH PATCH IS GOING TO BE A NICE JERSEY TO GET OF KOBE'S HIS NEW NUMBER 24 AND THE 6OTH PATCH.

sngeetze
11-24-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.urauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=12012&getauctionid=63

real gamer? I think the size is corrent, but "BRYANT" on the back has higher arc than those real gamer that I saw before.

DConLA
11-25-2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.urauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=12012&getauctionid=63

real gamer? I think the size is corrent, but "BRYANT" on the back has higher arc than those real gamer that I saw before.
GUYS THAT WAS MY JERSEY SO JUST LET ME LOOK AT YOUR JERSEY IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO. THE 05/06 WAS A DIFFERENT COMPANY THAN THE NIKE SIZE 48 AND YEAR. BIGGER SIZE DIFFERENT ARC THAN SMALLER SIZE ARC.GIVE ME A CALL ANYTIME AND I'LL LOOK AT YOUR LAKERS JERSEY .

sngeetze
11-25-2007, 12:16 AM
http://www.urauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=6273&getauctionid=58
I saw this 05-06 gamer has different arc on the back than the current one.
Is it possible to place 2500usd to win the bid? If so, I will try...

http://www.urauctions.com/site/bid/bidplace.asp?itemid=12011&getauctionid=63
Is it your jersey again ? :)

Texans
11-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Would this 24 jersey be taken down by Upper Deck?

DConLA
11-26-2007, 01:15 PM

SORRY EVERYONE THESE JERSEY ARE NOT MINE I THOUGHT THAT THE WHITE ONE I THAT IN THEIR LAST AUCTION WAS THIS ONE.NEITER ONE WAS SOLD BY ME AND AFTER I LOOKED AT THEM YOU GUYS ARE GETTING GOOD THE ONLY THING I LIKE IS THE AUTO'S.GOOD WORK NO GREAT WORK GUYS.I FEAL LIKE THIS THREAD IS STARTING TO DO WHAT I STARTED IT UP FOR KEEPING EVERONE ON THE RIGHT TRACK.THE TEACHER WAS JUST TAUGHT A LESSON.DON'T TALK ABOUT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU LOOK AND SEE AND DON'T BUY UNTIL YOU TALK TO SOMEONE THAT NOWS WHAT THERE TALKING ABOUT.

DConLA
11-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Would this 24 jersey be taken down by Upper Deck?

I'M SURE THEY CAN IF THEY WANT TO.

worldchamps
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Is this the other 48 also?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39352

So do we think this one is legit? Some of these post are harder to understand??

treasurechest collectibles
11-27-2007, 09:30 PM
:rolleyes: I agree you need to be clearer when posting Dan. Exactly which jerseys are yours and which aren't? You say you thought it was yours...then it isn't...?? Which look authentic and which don't?

Texans
11-27-2007, 11:15 PM
I think Dan said the Grey Flannel and the AMI look ok. He would like to look at strap though. Both Universal jersey in the auctions right now are not his

Jojo

DConLA
11-29-2007, 03:14 PM

THE JERSEY IN THE FIRST LINK WAS MINE.THE JERSEY IN THE SECOND LINK FROM UR AUCTION AND THE OTHER KOBE #8 WHITE JERSEY IN THE UR AUCTION WERE NOT MINE. JUST LOOK AT MY OLD WHITE JERSEY IN THE FIRST LINK AND THEN LOOK AT THE WHITE KOBE#8 JERSEY IN UR AUCTION.NOW CHECK OUT THE ARC AND THE SEPERATION BETWEEN THE LETTERING.LIKE I SAID I LIKE THE AUTO'S ON THE JERSEYS IN UR AND THE JERSEYS IN AMI AND GFI LOOK GOOD.

DConLA
12-07-2007, 02:08 AM
I'LL HAVE A PIC OF KOBE'S 07/08 JERSEY AND SIZE UP DURING THE NEXT HOMESTAND.

Mac670
12-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Dan

I left you a message on your cell phone in regards to my recent pick-up. I purchased two full white home uniforms 2002-03 and 2003-04. They both come with GFC LOA and one has a LOA from you dated 12-31-2002. I know the Lakers only wore the white uniforms twice in 2002. Could this uniform be Kobe's first white uniform?:) :eek: :D

Thanks
Anthony

DConLA
12-08-2007, 04:24 PM
Dan

I left you a message on your cell phone in regards to my recent pick-up. I purchased two full white home uniforms 2002-03 and 2003-04. They both come with GFC LOA and one has a LOA from you dated 12-31-2002. I know the Lakers only wore the white uniforms twice in 2002. Could this uniform be Kobe's first white uniform?:) :eek: :D

Thanks
Anthony
YES THAT JERSEY COULD BE THE FIRST WHITE JERSEY WOREN BY KOBE IN 2002.AND I KNOW WHO YOU GOT THEM FROM.

DAN 32325-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

Mac670
12-09-2007, 08:08 PM
YES THAT JERSEY COULD BE THE FIRST WHITE JERSEY WOREN BY KOBE IN 2002.AND I KNOW WHO YOU GOT THEM FROM.

DAN 32325-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

If it is the first white home jersey of 2002, then it could be the first white home jersey and shorts Kobe has ever worn. The only two games Kobe could have worn home white uniforms were Dec. 25 and Dec. 29 in 2002. If only I could get a definate photomatch. I already took a look ay Getty but the pics are not close enough for a true match. If anybody could help with pics of those two games? I need a close up look at his jersey.

Thanks a bunch DAN!

lund6771
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Anthony...

contact Meigray...they have equipment that should be able to help you match it up to your Getty pictures

Mac670
12-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks Lund

I will call them and see what they say.

Anthony

Mac670
12-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Dan

Why are the Lakers not wearing their Home White Sunday jersey tonite? These jerseys seem to be a little different then their yello homers. Can you find out the change?

Thanks

Texans
12-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Its Heritage Week. Couple of teams wearing throwbacks.

http://www.nba.com/heritageweek2007/

lund6771
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Hi Dan...

what do you think of this jersey...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-2000-2001_W0QQitemZ180190898326QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50135 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks

DConLA
12-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi Dan...

what do you think of this jersey...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Lakers-Game-Used-Worn-Jersey-2000-2001_W0QQitemZ180190898326QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50135 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thanks
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT UP CLOSE BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING.

DConLA
12-15-2007, 04:03 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
KOBE AND THE REST OF THE LAKERS WILL BE WEARING THE LAKERS THOWBACKS JERSEYS 87/88 OLD TANK TOP STYLE WITH THE 60TH PATCH FOR 9 GAMES THIS SEASON. THERE ARE NO ROAD JERSEYS JUST HOMES. WHAT I HEAR IS THEY WILL BE WEARING THESE JERSEYS IN BOSTON LETS SEE.IT'S STILL GOT TO BE A REALLY NICE COLLECTIBLE.THE THOWBACK JACKETS ARE THE WARM-UPS ROAD JACKETS. AND HAVE ALL THERE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS ON THE BACK OF THE JACKET REALLY NICE.

TheKobeCollection
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
KOBE AND THE REST OF THE LAKERS WILL BE WEARING THE LAKERS THOWBACKS JERSEYS 87/88 OLD TANK TOP STYLE WITH THE 60TH PATCH FOR 9 GAMES THIS SEASON. THERE ARE NO ROAD JERSEYS JUST HOMES. WHAT I HEAR IS THEY WILL BE WEARING THESE JERSEYS IN BOSTON LETS SEE.IT'S STILL GOT TO BE A REALLY NICE COLLECTIBLE.THE THOWBACK JACKETS ARE THE WARM-UPS ROAD JACKETS. AND HAVE ALL THERE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS ON THE BACK OF THE JACKET REALLY NICE.

You probably mean versus Boston. Since the jerseys are home gold and they've already played in Boston on Nov. 23rd, they may wear it in a few weeks when Boston visits on Dec. 30th.

9 games eh? I thought they were going to be wearing these throwbacks for NBA Heritage week only (Dec. 7-14) but I would like to see them in these jerseys again...brings back memories of when I started following the Lakers. They looked good versus Golden State on Dec. 9th wearing the throwbacks.

Dan - You planning on getting any of these throwbacks?

DConLA
12-18-2007, 02:22 AM
You probably mean versus Boston. Since the jerseys are home gold and they've already played in Boston on Nov. 23rd, they may wear it in a few weeks when Boston visits on Dec. 30th.

9 games eh? I thought they were going to be wearing these throwbacks for NBA Heritage week only (Dec. 7-14) but I would like to see them in these jerseys again...brings back memories of when I started following the Lakers. They looked good versus Golden State on Dec. 9th wearing the throwbacks.

Dan - You planning on getting any of these throwbacks?
NICE TO SEE YOUR 1ST POST IS ON THIS THREAD.DO I CALL YOU KOBE COLLECTION?I'LL WATCH OVER YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR OK.AND YES I HOPE TO GET A JERSEY OR A JACKET AND THE JACKETS ARE NICE WITH ALL THE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS ON THE BACK OF THE JACKET SWEET.

TheKobeCollection
12-18-2007, 03:24 AM
NICE TO SEE YOUR 1ST POST IS ON THIS THREAD.DO I CALL YOU KOBE COLLECTION?I'LL WATCH OVER YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR OK.AND YES I HOPE TO GET A JERSEY OR A JACKET AND THE JACKETS ARE NICE WITH ALL THE CHAMPIONSHIP BANNERS ON THE BACK OF THE JACKET SWEET.

Dan, please call me Jarik. If you do end up with one of these jerseys or jackets, please do share with us here on the board.

DConLA
12-18-2007, 07:30 PM
Dan, please call me Jarik. If you do end up with one of these jerseys or jackets, please do share with us here on the board.
OK JARIK
I THINK I WILL BE GETTING A JACKET SOON.I'LL LET KNOW.

DConLA
12-21-2007, 07:02 AM
HELLO KOBE AND LAKERS FANS
I JUST FOUND OUT THE LAKERS ON DEC 30TH VS BOSTON AT THE STAPLES CENTER WILL BE USING BUTT HUGGER SHORTS REAL THOWBACK LOOK. OK LETS SEE THE OLD STYLE LEGS AND SPEEDOS.THATs WHY ONLY FOR 1 GAME SHOW THEM LEGS KOBE.

HA HA DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net:D :D:D :D :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :p

DConLA
12-25-2007, 04:33 AM
HELLO SPORTS FANS
MORE ON THE BUTT HUGGERS TO BE WOREN ON DEC 30TH VS BOSTON. THE LAKERS WILL ONLY WEAR THE NEW BUTT HUGGERS IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE GAME.GEE YOU MEAN SPEEDOS AND LEGS IN THE FIRST HALF ONLY. I DON'T THING THE LAKERS LIKE THE NEW SHORTS COME ON GUYS IT'S SHOWTIME.:eek:

DConLA
01-09-2008, 02:41 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS
I JUST SAW A KOBE THROWBACK FROM THIS YEAR AND HE IS WHEREING A SIZE 54 HE DID LOSE ABOUT 15 TO 20 POUNDS TO START THE SEASON SO HE CAN BE FASTER.

DConLA
01-09-2008, 02:49 PM
HELLO KOBE FANS

HERE ARE A COUPLE CLOSE-UP PICTURES OF KOBE’S 2007-08 GAME WORN THROWBACK WARM-UP JACKET. THESE JACKETS ARE THE ROAD VERSION AND HAVE ONLY BEEN WORN FOR A FEW TB GAMES. I FOUND OUT THAT EAST BAY AND THE NBA WILL BE SELLING THROWBACK JACKETS LIKE THIS FOR ANY TEAM THAT HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP. WILL THEY BE EXACTLY LIKE THE GAME MODELS? I AM SURE THEY WILL BE VERY CLOSE BUT THE STORE MODELS WILL NOT HAVE THE SIZES THE PROS WEAR.

sportscentury
01-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi, Dan -

Over the past few weeks, I've emailed you a couple of times. Have you received either of the emails? My email is rgf2@hotmail.com. Thank you,

Reid

TheKobeCollection
01-10-2008, 05:05 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS

HERE ARE A COUPLE CLOSE-UP PICTURES OF KOBE’S 2007-08 GAME WORN THROWBACK WARM-UP JACKET. THESE JACKETS ARE THE ROAD VERSION AND HAVE ONLY BEEN WORN FOR A FEW TB GAMES. I FOUND OUT THAT EAST BAY AND THE NBA WILL BE SELLING THROWBACK JACKETS LIKE THIS FOR ANY TEAM THAT HAS WON A CHAMPIONSHIP. WILL THEY BE EXACTLY LIKE THE GAME MODELS? I AM SURE THEY WILL BE VERY CLOSE BUT THE STORE MODELS WILL NOT HAVE THE SIZES THE PROS WEAR.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net (daniel248@earthlink.net)

Yup, I've seen the Lakers throwback jacket with championship patches at Champs Sports. It's pretty heavy-duty stuff. Price is $115.00.

DConLA
01-22-2008, 03:02 AM
Hi, Dan -

Over the past few weeks, I've emailed you a couple of times. Have you received either of the emails? My email is rgf2@hotmail.com. Thank you,

Reid
JUST CALL ME @ 323 257-4898 DAN

worldchamps
02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
I wanted to share that I spoke with Dan today for a quite a while. He really is a great contact to have for this site. He has a great knowledge on Kobe and his equipment.

I want to thank you for all that you provide this site, and I really am looking forward to continue working with you on other items in the future.

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com

DConLA
02-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I wanted to share that I spoke with Dan today for a quite a while. He really is a great contact to have for this site. He has a great knowledge on Kobe and his equipment.

I want to thank you for all that you provide this site, and I really am looking forward to continue working with you on other items in the future.

Bill

rangersstars@yahoo.com
BILL THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE KIND WORDS.IT WAS GREAT TALKING TO YOU AND ANYTIME ANYONE THAT HAS A QUESTION ABOUT KOBE OR ANY LAKERS PLAYER PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AND I'LL TRY TO HELP YOU OUT.AND ANYONE THAT READS THIS POST BILL WORKS FOR THE NBA MAVERICKS.SO AGAIN THANKS VERY MUCH BILL.
GASOL GASOL GASOL GASOL GASOL GASOL GASOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

DConLA
02-15-2008, 02:56 AM
HELLO LAKERS FANS
JUST CAME ACROSS PAU GOSAL JERSEY SIZE. HE IS USING A SIZE 52+4 SMALL 4 A 7 FOOTER
DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earhtlink.net

DConLA
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM
HELLO LAKERS AND KOBE FANS
I JUST FOUND OUT THAT THE LAKERS AT THE BEGINING OF THE SEASON USED LAST YEARS JERSEYS WITH THE 60TH PATCH SO THE LAKERS USED JERSEYS THAT WERE WOREN FOR 2 SEASONS 06/07 AND 07/08

DConLA
04-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Hell Kobe Fans
Well The Playoffs Have Started And The Lakers Have Won Game 1 Vs The Nuggets Now Thats The Good News.Now Here Is The BAD NEWS I Found Out That Some Fake KOBES Have Hit The Market With The 60TH Patch.Sorry I Mean Team Issues .BUT AS USUAL THEY DID SOMETHING WRONG THAT I CAN SEE EVEN ON A PICTURE.SO IF YOU NEED ANY HELP JUST CALL ME @323 257-4898.:cool:

chasingtheclown
04-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Hi guys I'm new here to the forums and just came upon this thread and wanted to thank Dan for all the amazing Laker gear/information he has made available to all us Laker fans and collectors. Dan is the man when it comes to game used gear and I have personally had excellent service and communication with him. Over the years I have searched online for legit game used Laker gear and have had a hard time finding what I want. Now that I have got to know Dan and his great knowledge about gear I will go nowhere else for Lakers game used memorabilia. If anyone has questions about Laker gear he is the best to talk to and he always has great stories to tell. Thanks Dan!

-Emil Keshishian

DConLA
04-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Hello Kobe Fans,

I just acquired one of those Kobe factory team issued jerseys from this year with the 60th patch for research purposes only. I posted three pictures below of this jersey and just based off looking at these pictures I can see at least 7 things that are wrong in comparison with a real 07-08 Kobe Bryant game worn jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles. Now that’s just looking at the outside front and back of the jersey. On the inside I can even find more things that are not right. Since I no longer need this jersey I am going to list this jersey on eBay just like I did with the 06-07 Kobe factory jersey that I bought for research purposes. I will post the link as soon as I put the jersey up on eBay. Now if anybody needs help before or after buying a Kobe 07-08 60th jersey please let me know.

DConLA
05-04-2008, 03:11 AM
HELLO KOBE FANS
MVP SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD TO ME.HIS JERSEYS OR SHOES FROM THIS YEAR ARE GOING TO BE A NICE ADDITION TO YOUR COLLECTION AND EVEN NICER IF THEY GO ALL THE WAY.CONGRADULATIONS TO KOBE ON THIS 1ST MVP AND GO LAKERS.

DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink:D

JasonM33
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I've enjoyed and appreciated this thread for a while. I thought I would bring it back from the dead to see if anyone has info on legit 08-09 Kobe game jerseys.

-Jason M

Mac670
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I thought it would be a good idea to bring this thread back up. There are two 2004-05 Alternative Kobe game jersey's size 50+4 on E-bay. According to Dan, Kobe never wore that size with Reebok. I hope Dan can chime in once again and give us collectors more laker and kobe info.:D

DConLA
05-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Hello Kobe & Lakers fans,

As far as the 04-05 Kobe size 50’s are concerned here is the info on what Kobe wore during 2004-05. The pictures I added are to support the following information (1st pic of KB size 56 tag & 2nd pic of pre-season KB wearing a 58).

2004-05 (Reebok)

Kobe Wore size 56 and a couple size 54 in the old throwback tank top style.
First Reebok jerseys (pre-season) were size 58. The Lakers only wore one home gold uniform throughout the pre-season. Once the pre-season was completed and the rosters were set Kobe began to wear size 56. Once again we have come across a lot of size 50 Reebok factory issued Kobe jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jerseys.

Kobe Bryant never wore size 50 while wearing Reebok. The Lakers also wore powder blue uniforms for a total of five throwback games. Photo evidence is available of Kobe wearing size 56. Again I hope this info helps as I am hear just to share.

Dan 323.257.4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com

nickacs
06-18-2009, 06:34 AM
FYI, for those Kobe collectors, just received this email from Grey Flannel auctions today:

With the Los Angeles Lakers adding another World Championship to their storied franchise and Kobe Bryant winning the series MVP, we wanted to take this opportunity and offer to you, our loyal customers, three quality Kobe Bryant game-used jerseys which come to us direct from the Doug Friedman Collection. Each is accompanied by a Grey Flannel Letter of A uthenticity. Currently available are a 1997-98 Second Year Kobe Game-Used & Autographed Road Jersey, a 2000-01 Kobe Game-Used & Autographed Road Uniform from the Championship Season and a 2005-06 Kobe Game-Used Road Uniform. Please visit www.GreyFlannel.com (http://www.greyflannel.com/) to purchase these pieces of basketball history.

mbenga28
06-18-2009, 07:49 AM
are game used Lakers jerseys supposed to have an additional tag in the inside indicating where it was made/wash instructions (much like with football and baseball game jerseys)?

sportscentury
06-18-2009, 08:08 AM
FYI, for those Kobe collectors, just received this email from Grey Flannel auctions today:

With the Los Angeles Lakers adding another World Championship to their storied franchise and Kobe Bryant winning the series MVP, we wanted to take this opportunity and offer to you, our loyal customers, three quality Kobe Bryant game-used jerseys which come to us direct from the Doug Friedman Collection. Each is accompanied by a Grey Flannel Letter of A uthenticity. Currently available are a 1997-98 Second Year Kobe Game-Used & Autographed Road Jersey, a 2000-01 Kobe Game-Used & Autographed Road Uniform from the Championship Season and a 2005-06 Kobe Game-Used Road Uniform. Please visit www.GreyFlannel.com (http://www.greyflannel.com/) to purchase these pieces of basketball history.

I received this email, too. Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Doug Friedman?

otismalibu
06-18-2009, 08:13 AM
I received this email, too. Please excuse my ignorance, but who is Doug Friedman?

He had a number of hoops jerseys up for auction in a previous GFC auction. Maybe last fall...HOF auction?

That's all I got. :)

Mac670
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
I would love to get my hands on a purple away full uniform one day. Dan, did any of those three come from you? :D

jasonwilliamsfans
06-20-2009, 02:38 AM
hi dan,what about those 4 jerseys? thanks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320382977276 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320382977276)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270410117111 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270410117111)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310149064334&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-Game-Used-Alternate-White-Sunday-Jersey_W0QQitemZ8777712781QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item20b31448d&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C 301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

nickacs
06-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Real nice Kobe complete 2002 NBA Finals uniform and shoes. Looks really nice, but would love for Dan to give his "blessing" on this one before 'jtnbafan' or something bids on it :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOBE-GAME-USED-NBA-FINALS-JERSEY-UNIFORM-G-Flann-PSA_W0QQitemZ180371343498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item29fef8488a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0| 293%3A1|294%3A50

nickacs
06-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Darn I wish we could edit our posts! Link is fixed below

[quote=nickacs;148150]Real nice Kobe complete 2002 NBA Finals uniform and shoes. Looks really nice, but would love for Dan to give his "blessing" on this one before 'jtnbafan' or something bids on it :p

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOBE-GAME-USED-NBA-FINALS-JERSEY-UNIFORM-G-Flann-PSA_W0QQitemZ180371343498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item29fef8488a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0| 293%3A1|294%3A50 (http://cgi.ebay.com/KOBE-GAME-USED-NBA-FINALS-JERSEY-UNIFORM-G-Flann-PSA_W0QQitemZ180371343498QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item29fef8488a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C 301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50)

808jerseys
06-22-2009, 10:23 PM
:D Dan Ceniseros,:D
Thank you so much, for looking over my Kobe jersey. I'm always reasured when I have you look over my Lakers stuff. The GOOD news, was so nice to hear about my 2006-2007 Kobe jersey.
The past 11years hanging out with you in Hawaii & LA, is filled with fun storys & good times. My collection would not be complete if it wasn't for you & your family. Can't wait to get the jersey back, so we can get Kobe to sign it.
Take care my pal,
Rex :)

Mac670
06-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Can we see pics of the jersey?

808jerseys
06-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Sure, soon as I get it back from Dan I will post pictures of the jersey as well as my warm up top. Thanks for your interest.

hblakewolf
06-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Hello Everyone,

In the spirit of sharing information to the collecting community, I was recently contacted by a gentleman name Dan Ceniceros. Mr. Ceniceros is someone who has spent quite a few years dealing in Los Angeles Laker memorabilia and he expressed concern about the number of Kobe Bryant jerseys that are circulating in the hobby that are not consistent with what his experience tells him Kobe has worn throughout the years.

Thus, in an effort to provide additional data for collectors to consider, Mr. Ceniceros has asked that we post the following information that he has sent to us. Please note that we are posting this information on Mr. Ceniceros' behalf. Given Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the market, collectors need to realize they will be trusting Mr. Ceniceros as the source of this information if they are going to factor it into their evaluations of Kobe Bryant jerseys on the market.

While Mr. Ceniceros' knowledge of Laker memorabilia appears to be well-known among basketball memorabilia collectors (Mr. Ceniceros also stated he is an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market), please note that this information is coming from Mr. Ceniceros and collectors should view the information as such. As Mr. Ceniceros is more comfortable talking to people on the phone, he has also provided his phone number below if anyone wishes to contact him directly. However, once again, please note that Mr. Ceniceros is an independent entity in the memorabilia market and collectors should understand that when speaking with him.

Below is the information Mr. Ceniceros asked us to pass along to collectors. In addition, Mr. Ceniceros has also informed me that Upper Deck has an exclusive on Kobe Bryant game used jerseys for 2006-07 and they will pursue anyone advertising the public sale of such jerseys. Once again, please note the Upper Deck information is also coming from Mr. Ceniceros. With that said, here is the information he asked us to post:

"Hello,

My name is Dan Ceniceros and I am formally known as the foremost Lakers memorabilia expert in the hobby. This is based on my 20 years experience with the Lakers and the hobby. I would like to clarify some of the size information that is floating around the hobby. My goal is to provide the collector the most accurate information so that when they decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game worn jersey or any other Lakers jersey they will have the information they need to obtain a genuine collectible. Below you will find a summary of Kobe Bryant’s jersey and manufactures sizes from his eleven years in the NBA.

Note: 1996-97 was the 50th anniversary of the NBA. Some of the jerseys were sent to teams with the red white & blue NBA logo patch and some came through without any patch at all. Champion made gold 50th anniversary patches that were sent to teams to be sewn on.
Because this was the last year of champion teams received a smaller allotment of champion equipment.

1998-99 Kobe wore size 46 but experimented with sizes 48 and 50 (48 and 50 proved to be too big).
There should only be a couple of size 48 & 50 Kobe jerseys. We have seen a great amount of size 50 Kobe factory issued jerseys from this year that when closely examined it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number) from the factory team issued jersey.

Primarily wore size 50 (one or two 48s have popped up). Lakers switched to a new style and a new material called Dri-Fit Cotton. The new style had a v neck with smaller arm and neck holes. Because of the elasticity in pro mesh players from the previous year had to go up two sizes. Kobe went from a 46 to a 50 and Shaq went from a 56 to a 60. Also because of the death of Wilt Chamberlin the Lakers affixed black memorial strip patches to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

Primarily wore size 50 for first ¾ of season and then switched to size 52 for the last ¼ of season. Photo evidence is available of Kobe switching to size 52 at the end of the season and going into the playoffs.

Wore size 52
2002-2003: Lakers debut there new white Sunday alternate uniforms and because of the death of the Late Great Chick Hearn black memorial strip patches were affixed to the left shoulder area on all Lakers jerseys.

2003-2004: This was the last year with Nike as a manufacture and because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment. The Lakers also wore royal blue uniforms with the white original Los Angeles lettering across the chest for a total of six throw back games.

2004-05 (Reebok)

Kobe Bryant never wore size 50 while wearing Reebok. The Lakers also wore powder blue uniforms for a total of five throwback games. Photo evidence is available of Kobe wearing size 56. The picture has been posted right here on game used universe and was first seen on one of my eBay auctions.

Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and in an effort to raise money for the victims Kenny Smith and the NBA sponsored a celebrity basketball game in Houston. The uniforms that were worn during that game were later auctioned off on NBA.COM. Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady and Lebron James jerseys that were auctioned off were all size 56.

2005-06 (Reebok)

Wears size 56
This was the last year the Lakers used Reebok as a uniform manufacture and again because of this they used what they had available and received a smaller allotment.
2006-07 (Adidas)
Kobe is currently wearing a size 54. Photo evidence is available due to the fact that Upper Deck and Kobe’s Vivo Foundation held an auction through eBay at the beginning of the season auctioning off Kobe’s first game worn 24 home jersey. Again we have seen at least eight size 56 Adidas factory issued Kobe jerseys hit the open market and again when closely examining the factory issued Kobe jersey it is very easy to tell the difference between a real Kobe game jersey that is assembled in Los Angeles (Name & Number).

I hope this information helps you out the next time you decide to purchase a Kobe Bryant game used jersey. These are the sizes I know Kobe has worn and is wearing and they are the only sizes I would recommend. I am currently an unpaid consultant for Grey Flannel Collectibles in the Kobe Bryant and Lakers Market.
If you have any questions about any other Lakers player’s jersey sizes or any questions about Kobe please don’t hesitate to call.

Dan Ceniceros
323.257.4898"

Dan-
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kobe-Bryant-2006-Los-Angeles-Lakers-game-used-HM-jersey_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a 2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1205Q7c240Q3a1308Q7c301Q3a1Q7c29 3Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3911Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZi tem4a98951eacQQitemZ320387489452QQptZLHQ5fDefaultD omainQ5f0QQsalenotsupported

Can you comment on this current Ebay/Lampson offering, as it's a size 56. Based on the position of the name, number and this size, can you post your thoughts?

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@comcast.net

808jerseys
06-27-2009, 08:12 PM
Hello Mac670,
I'm not able to load the photos , size is to big. I can send it to you in a email, if you would like ? LMK
d3r2j@hotmail.com
Rex

Mac670
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Here is my e-mail. anegrete70@aol.com

Anthony

808jerseys
06-28-2009, 10:33 PM
Hello,
I sent the photos to your email.
Thanks again,
Rex

DConLA
08-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Hello Everyone,

"Hello,

Wore size 52

2004-05 (Reebok)

2005-06 (Reebok)

Wears size 56
2006-07 (Adidas)

Dan Ceniceros
323.257.4898"
I WOULD LIKE TO ADD TO THIS THREAD BY PICKING UP IN 07/08 ADIDAS KOBE ONLY WORE SIZE 54 THIS YEAR AND THE NEXT 08/09 ADIDAS BUT THIS HASN'T STOP THE FAKES FROM CHANGING SIZES TO 54 I HAVE SEEN SIZE 56 FAKES AS WELL SO MEMBER BE CAREFUL BEFORE YOU BUY A JERSEY PRINT OUT THE LIST AND KEEP IT CLOSE BY FOR REFERENCE GIVE ME CALL IF YOU NEED HELP OR EMAIL ME

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com
323 257-4898

doodle
08-25-2009, 10:36 PM
How do correct stitching, sizing, tagging, lettering, and so forth guarantee that the jersey is GAME-WORN?

It may very well just be a game-issued for worn by Kobe, but was never actually worn. It could just be an extra set or a blood-set.

If the jersey looks worn, what is the gurantee that it was Kobe who wore it?

Please enlighten me. I'm not mocking, I'm just asking a serious question.

MeiGray Kobe Bryant jerseys are just sooooo expensive because of the competition, so I just want to know how confident the authenticators are that these are really GAME-WORN.

At the end of the day, these are all still just based on opinion. This separates Meigray from all the rest, because their authentication is NOT just based on opinion or experience.

DConLA
08-28-2009, 01:58 AM
:cool:LOOKED AT A JERSEY OF KOBES TODAY THAT WAS ALMOST PERFECT BUT IT WAS NO GOOD THAT QUESTION IS AN INTERESTING QUESTION IF YOU WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE THAT YOU GOT A GAME USED JERSEY AND YOU DON'T HAVE A GOOD CONNECTION ON THE TEAM YOU HAVE TO GO TO MEIGREY AND PAY THOSE PRICES.BUT I DO HAVE CONNECTIONS ON THE TEAM THAT I HAVE SEEN JERSEYS THAT CAN BE LOOKED AT BY MIEGREY AND MATCHED GO FOR HALF OF WHAT YOU GET FROM THEM THEY SAY ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW.

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com
323 257-4898

SWPY
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Dan - Again, I just want to say thanks so much for the complete Kobe uniform that I just recently purchased. I love them and they are now in display. We will talk again soon. Thanks - Satryo-

SWPY
09-27-2009, 04:40 PM
How do correct stitching, sizing, tagging, lettering, and so forth guarantee that the jersey is GAME-WORN?

It may very well just be a game-issued for worn by Kobe, but was never actually worn. It could just be an extra set or a blood-set.

If the jersey looks worn, what is the gurantee that it was Kobe who wore it?

Please enlighten me. I'm not mocking, I'm just asking a serious question.

MeiGray Kobe Bryant jerseys are just sooooo expensive because of the competition, so I just want to know how confident the authenticators are that these are really GAME-WORN.

At the end of the day, these are all still just based on opinion. This separates Meigray from all the rest, because their authentication is NOT just based on opinion or experience.

I just purchased a complete Kobe uniform from DC and after doing some basic research, I could easily find a photo-match of the jersey through Getty Images, which is great! How often you can find a photo-match jersey while not spending a fortune. Like you said, it's based on opinion, but in this case it's based on the opinion of the source and not just any random opinion. In fact, I just saw a finals jersey on eBay that was listed for 17K from the 2000-2001 season and it traced back to DC. Obviously DC has been doing this for a while now. The only regret is why I didn't know DC earlier.

Mac670
09-28-2009, 07:16 PM
Can we see the photomatch. I would love to see the jersey you purchased?

SWPY
09-28-2009, 08:19 PM
Can we see the photomatch. I would love to see the jersey you purchased?

I tried to load my pics, but file is too large. Any thoughts on reducing size? I'd be happy to share pics.

DConLA
11-11-2009, 03:07 AM
:DJUST SAW A KOBE JERSEY FROM THIS YEAR 09/10 AND THE SIZE IS THE SAME AS LAST 54. ALSO THE PATCH ON THE OPENING DAY JERSEYS 15 TIME NBA CHAMPIONS. THAT WAS ONLY WORN THE 1ST 2 HOME GAMES IS VERY NICE AND THE WAY THE LAKERS ARE PLAYING THAT WOULD NICE TO SEE THAT PATCH ON THEIR JERSEYS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.16-17-18-? GO LAKERS

DAN 323 257-4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com

nickacs
11-11-2009, 08:21 PM
:DJUST SAW A KOBE JERSEY FROM THIS YEAR 09/10 AND THE SIZE IS THE SAME AS LAST 54. ALSO THE PATCH ON THE OPENING DAY JERSEYS 15 TIME NBA CHAMPIONS. THAT WAS ONLY WORN THE 1ST 2 HOME GAMES IS VERY NICE AND THE WAY THE LAKERS ARE PLAYING THAT WOULD NICE TO SEE THAT PATCH ON THEIR JERSEYS FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.16-17-18-? GO LAKERS

Thanks for the info Dan... I found a pic on Getty's that show's the uniform from the opening night.. if you happen to land one, I'd be interested!

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/92747324.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0F3B0D901305C3827 7CD9275C2F2EEE0407E2F31A1CB2C2EF

JasonM33
11-24-2009, 10:38 PM

4-Peat!

JasonM33
12-18-2009, 10:25 PM
What is the deal with Kobe wearing a jersey with no NBA logo on it the last few games? Anybody notice?

worldchamps
12-18-2009, 11:12 PM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xr/94485589.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=3&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D004EE7942CBC8A723 E5A0BD0DD940E629FF4C7C5F39DBE28DF9B260997FE41417 (javascript:popDetail('94485589', 'National-Basketball-Association', '', '', '19'))

your right...that is very interesting....sorry no answer

DConLA
05-04-2010, 08:07 PM
SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND TO HELP OUT. THAT JERSEY WAS A SIMPLE ERROR MADE BY ADIDAS WITH NO NBA LOGO STITCHED ON IT. THIS IS NOT THE 1ST TIME I HAVE SEEN THIS ON LAKERS JERSEYS BUT YOU SEE IT MORE WHEN IT HAPPENS ON KOBE'S JERSEY HE'S THE STAR OF THE SHOW IT ALSO HAPPENED ON HIS ROOKIE JERSEY IN 96/97 NO NBA LOGO. I WILL BE UPDATEING HIS PLAYOFF JERSEY SIZE AND POSTING A PICTURE OF THIS YEARS KOBE JERSEY.

JasonM33
05-09-2010, 04:51 AM
Thanks Dan, I'm looking forward to it.

-Jason

DConLA
05-09-2010, 06:23 AM
Here are the pictures of the Kobe 2009-10 jersey that I mentioned in my previous post. During the 2006-07 NBA season Kobe switched between sizes 54 & 56. From the 2007-08 season and on he has only been wearing a 54. If any one has questions about Lakers jerseys please don’t hesitate to call or send an email.

DConLA
05-09-2010, 06:26 AM
Rumor has it that the Lakers are going to be changing to a new uniform style and material for the start of the new 2010-11 NBA season. The new look is supposed to be close to what the D-fenders are currently wearing in the NBA D-League. Below are a couple of pictures to give you an idea of what the new Lakers jerseys might look like.

DConLA
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
AFTER TALKING TO A FEW OF MY CONTACTS IT LOOKS LIKE THE WHOLE LEAGUE IS CHANGING UNIFORM STYLE. THE LAKERS WILL BE KEEPING THEIR TEAM COLORES AND LOGO BUT THE STYLE AND MATERIAL WILL BE CHANGING AS IT DID IN 99/00/ FROM TANK TOP TO THE CURRENT STYLE. THE CHANGE IS NOT AS EXTREME AS THE LAST CHANGE IN STYLE. ITS MUCH MORE SUTTLE BASED ON THE LOOK OF THE LAKERS D LEAGUE TEAM THE DEFENDERS.THE MATERIAL WILL HAVE SMALL BREATHING HOLES IN CERTAIN PARTS OF THE JERSEY AND SHORTS.SO YOU STYLE GUYS THIS IS THE LAST YEAR TO GET THE STYLE THAT THE LAKERS WORE IN THE LAST TEN YEARS AND WON 4 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND MAYBE 5 CHAMPIONSHIP YEARS IF THEY WIN THIS YEAR. AT THE TIME OF THIS POST THE LAKERS ARE AHEAD IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE SIMI FINALS VS THE JAZZ 3 ZIP AND LOOKS LIKE THEY WILL BE PLAYING THE SUNS IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FOR THE RIGHTS TO PLAY FOR THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.GO LAKERS

DAN CENICEROS 323 257-4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com

JasonM33
05-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Hmm. I'm a little concerned. I hope the new uniforms aren't ugly.

Thanks for the pics and info.

-Jason

DConLA
05-11-2010, 02:07 AM
EVERYBODY GOT TO SEE THE NEW STYLE OF UNI IN THE ALLSTAR GAME THIS YEAR. I WILL POST MORE GAME PICTURES FROM GETTY SOON.

DAN 323 257-4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com :cool:

DConLA
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
HERE ARE THE GETTY PICS OF THE NEW STYLE UNIFORMS FROM THIS YEARS ALL-STAR GAME

DConLA
05-12-2010, 02:28 PM
THE NEW MATERIAL IS RIBBED AND HAS A LITTLE SHINE TO IT I'M STILL NOT SURE IF THE NAMES ARE GOING TO BE ABOVE OR BELOW THE NUMBERS ON THE BACK OF THE JERSEYS. THE LAKER ARE NOW RESTING FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEY PLAY THE SUNS FOR THE WESTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP AND THE RIGHT TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.IT WOULD BE THE LAKERS 16TH AND KOBE'S 5TH IF THEY WIN THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR. GO LAKERS 100% LAKERS FAN TILL I DIE

DAN 323 257-4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com :D

JasonM33
05-19-2010, 12:25 AM
It's looking like this year we are going to get a chance for revenge against Boston. I don't know how I feel about these new jerseys. I'm going to reserve my final judgment until I see one up close. Hopefully I'll be able to get a legit Kobe game jersey someday.

-Jason

DConLA
06-01-2010, 05:08 AM
WELL THE LAST 2 ARE STILL STANDING AND ONLY ONE WILL WIN IT ALL LAKERS vs CELTICS A CLASSIC MATCH UP TO END THE 2010 NBA SEASON.IT ALL BEGINS 6/3 I THINK THE LAKERS HAVE THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN IT ALL AND THE REASONS ARE SIMPLE HOMECOURT AND THE BIGGEST REASON IS THE LAKERS HAVE KOBE THE BEST PLAYER IN THE NBA.WHO ELES WOULD YOU WANT TAKING THE LAST SHOT HE'S AMAZING AN ASSASSIN HE DOESN'T PLAY TO WIN BUT TO DESTORY.GOOD LUCK BOSTON YOUR GOING TO NEED IT.LAKERS IN 6 GO LAKERS 100% LAKERS FAN TILL THE DAY I DIE.

DAN 323 257-4898 dceniceros248@yahoo.com:cool:

joshmiller0
06-01-2010, 05:33 AM
I can't stand the 2-3-2 format.... I realize it's for travel reasons, but a HUGE disadvantage for the team without homecourt

sox83cubs84
06-01-2010, 09:42 AM
I wonder if the Suns would have done better in the Conference Finals if they had kept their focus on winning and not diverted some of their energy to making political statements?...

Dave M.
Chicago area

DConLA
06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
I REALLY DON'T THINK SO. I THINK THE SUNS WERE SET IN THE WEST BY THE BEST KOBE THE ASSASSIN. POLITICS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SUNS JUST A NICE DOSE OF K.B. AND THEY WERE DONE.:D

DConLA
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
WELL THE 2010 SEASON IS OVER AND THE LAST TEAM STANDING AND THE WINNER AND CHAMPIONS OF THIS YEARS NBA FINALS FOR BACK TO BACK WINS IS THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS.THE FINALS SERIES WAS GREAT GOING 7 GAMES I PICKED THE LAKERS IN 6 IT LOOKS LIKE HOME COURT AND KOBE GOT THE BEST OF BOSTON THOSE 2 THINGS WERE HUGE FOR THE LAKERS WINNING THEIR 16TH CHAMPIONSHIP AT HOME IN THE SEVENTH GAME COMING BACK FROM 13 POINT IN THE 3RD QUARTER TO WIN OVER THE CELTICS.THAT NOW GIVES KOBE 5 RINGS 1 MORE THAN SHAQ AND 1 LESS THAN MJ IS KOBE AS GOOD AS MJ I THINK SO MAYBE BETTER TIME WILL TELL IF KOBE WINS 1 OR 2 MORE RINGS NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.WILL BE POSTING PICS OF THE LAST OF THE CURRENT STYLE OF LAKERS JERSEY BEFORE THE NEW ONE IS OUT NEXT SEASON. GO LAKERS 2010 NBA CHAMPIONS FOR AN AMAZING SEASON.100%LAKERS FAN TILL THE DAY I DIE AND BEYOND.:D

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898

DConLA
07-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Here are the pictures of the last of the current style of Lakers jerseys. The Lakers wore this style for the past 10 years (1999-00 thru 2009-10) and in those 10 years the Lakers have won 5 Championships making them the team of the decade. Hopefully the new style uniforms will bring the Lakers luck for the upcoming 3-peat, just like the new uniforms did back in 1999-00.

These Kobe finals jerseys are very desirable and have sold for up to $35,000 in NBA auctions for game 1 and game 3.

DConLA
09-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Hello Kobe / Lakers fans,

Here is some more info on the new style uniforms I mentioned in my previous posts.

This is the first time that the Lakers uniforms will not be made in the United States. Below is a quote from Adidas about the new uniforms.

The new uniforms, which are made from 60 percent recycled materials, feature adidas' Formotion technology, which reduces seams, decreases friction between the garment and the player's skin and optimizes the player's natural movement through specially constructed material. adidas reduced uniform weight and increased player comfort by switching front and back numbers from heavier, dense materials to breathable mesh. The new uniform absorbs moisture in less than three seconds as a result of adidas CLIMACOOL fabrics, which move heat and sweat away from the body through a combination of moisture management materials, ventilation channels, and three-dimensional garments, helping the uniform dry twice as fast.

JasonM33
09-30-2010, 01:00 AM
Thanks again Dan!

DConLA
10-28-2010, 03:34 PM
:cool: OK Kobe fans the new jerseys no longer are sized by numbers they now are sized M to 6X and KOBE is wearing a 6X hip hop KOBE is back big and baggy Artest and Gasol are in 2X another thing the league is doing on every jersey on every team in the league for 2010/2011 season now has a serial number for security and authenticity purposes so if it doesn't have a searial number buyer beware.

AutographAddiction
10-28-2010, 03:43 PM
:cool: OK Kobe fans the new jerseys no longer are sized by numbers they now are sized M to 6X and KOBE is wearing a 6X hip hop KOBE is back big and baggy Artest and Gasol are in 2X another thing the league is doing on every jersey on every team in the league for 2010/2011 season now has a serial number for security and authenticity purposes so if it doesn't have a searial number buyer beware.

WOW! 6X?

DConLA
11-04-2010, 02:17 PM
Hello Kobe / Lakers Fans,

Here is a little reminder of how special the 2010 NBA Finals were to all Lakers fans all over the world. This is some of my personal collection and it truly shows how special it was for me.

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com (dceniceros248@yahoo.com) 323 257-4898

AutographAddiction
11-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Hello Kobe / Lakers Fans,

Here is a little reminder of how special the 2010 NBA Finals were to all Lakers fans all over the world. This is some of my personal collection and it truly shows how special it was for me.

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com (dceniceros248@yahoo.com) 323 257-4898

Could you make me any more jealous? By the way Dan, thanks for all the stuff on eBay lately. The 2 practice Uni's look great.

JasonM33
11-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Amazing stuff Dan. This last one was one of the sweetest. 3-Peat!!!

DConLA
11-18-2010, 05:55 PM
Hey everybody i just got my 1st jersey from this year 2010/11. and as i said before this is the first time NBA jerseys are not made in the USA. they are now made in Thailand and they look like it almost like a swingman cheap I'm surprised that they are game jerseys they look like wife beaters and Ive talked to a few of the players and they say they are lighter but over all not very happy with them. And i looked at my jersey and i think they were put together very cheaply the LAKERS logo on front is just pressed on. How sad talk about thin not good at all.

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898:cool:

dabadestalbo69
11-18-2010, 07:24 PM
post some pics

JasonM33
11-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey everybody i just got my 1st jersey from this year 2010/11. and as i said before this is the first time NBA jerseys are not made in the USA. they are now made in Thailand and they look like it almost like a swingman cheap I'm surprised that they are game jerseys they look like wife beaters and Ive talked to a few of the players and they say they are lighter but over all not very happy with them. And i looked at my jersey and i think they were put together very cheaply the LAKERS logo on front is just pressed on. How sad talk about thin not good at all.

Wow, I'm sad to hear that. It has looked at times this season like the numbers on this years jersey are starting to peel off around the edges. I've seen the limited edition retail jersey for Kobe but I'd love to see pics of the real deal.

DConLA
08-16-2011, 02:48 AM
NO LOCKOUT NO LOCKOUT NO LOCKOUT NO LOCK OUT NO LOCKOUT:(:mad:

DConLA
08-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks for their win over the Miami Heat and becoming the 2011 NBA Champions. On another note I have a t-shirt that I have had for over a year now and on the front of the shirt it says Kobe 5 Lebron 0 and at the beginning of the 2011 Finals I was sure that I was going to have to stop wearing my shirt because I thought the Heat were going to win. Please excuse me for choking early. I am very happy that my shirt is safe for at least another year. I am hoping to buy a new shirt when it’s in my favor, 6-0 would be nice instead of 5-1 but that might be all academic because of the lock out that we are in.

I saw some pretty interesting things now that the Lakers uniforms are now being made in Thailand . I saw Kobe go from a size 6XL to a 1XL during game 2 of the Lakers vs. Hornets first round playoff series. The jersey was so tight that Kobe had to do some on court alterations by ripping the sides of the armpits. You can see photo evidence of this from the Getty picture below.

I know that they mistakenly sent Kobe 1XL and 2XL jerseys. Kobe refused to wear the 2XL road jersey. He tried it on and then he took it off because it was too tight making the jersey a rare collectible because it was worn just not game worn. There is only one 2XL road Revolution 30 Kobe jersey that the Lakers were sent. Over all the new Adidas Rev 30 jerseys held up pretty well. Let’s hope the lock out does not last long.

mickeymbz
08-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say congratulations to the Dallas Mavericks for their win over the Miami Heat and becoming the 2011 NBA Champions. On another note I have a t-shirt that I have had for over a year now and on the front of the shirt it says Kobe 5 Lebron 0 and at the beginning of the 2011 Finals I was sure that I was going to have to stop wearing my shirt because I thought the Heat were going to win. Please excuse me for choking early. I am very happy that my shirt is safe for at least another year. I am hoping to buy a new shirt when it’s in my favor, 6-0 would be nice instead of 5-1 but that might be all academic because of the lock out that we are in.

I saw some pretty interesting things now that the Lakers uniforms are now being made in Thailand . I saw Kobe go from a size 6XL to a 1XL during game 2 of the Lakers vs. Hornets first round playoff series. The jersey was so tight that Kobe had to do some on court alterations by ripping the sides of the armpits. You can see photo evidence of this from the Getty picture below.

I know that they mistakenly sent Kobe 1XL and 2XL jerseys. Kobe refused to wear the 2XL road jersey. He tried it on and then he took it off because it was too tight making the jersey a rare collectible because it was worn just not game worn. There is only one 2XL road Revolution 30 Kobe jersey that the Lakers were sent. Over all the new Adidas Rev 30 jerseys held up pretty well. Let’s hope the lock out does not last long.

Awesome, awesome,awesome game 2 shirt.. wish it was mine. as always you came thru since. keep all REAL laker stuff coming.. as you are the ONLY source!

mickeymbz
08-31-2011, 11:43 PM
Hello Everyone,

hey concerning the 1xl shirt kobe wore...i found the following in a article in the orange county register:

That, again, is the classic playoff mentality: the best willing and wanting to take on the best. Bryant said he wanted to "send a message" to his teammates about being able to change playoff games in subtle ways. He even looked subtly different as he did it.
In Game 2 he wore a tighter Lakers jersey a lot like the tighter USA Basketball No. 10 jersey Bryant wore when he embraced the role of defensive stopper in winning the 2008 Olympic gold medal. (Bryant had gotten a smaller jersey for a public-service announcement and decided it looked good and fit the moment – though he realized during Game 2 that it was too tight and not real comfortable.)

DConLA
08-17-2012, 01:03 AM
:D Congratulations to THE MIAMI HEAT for winning the 2012 NBA FINALS and to TEAM USA for winning THE GOLD MEDAL IN THE LONDON OLYIMPICS. Now that THE LAKERS have reloaded with HOWARD and NASH hope to see them in the 2013 NBA FINALS.

GO LAKERS

JasonM33
08-31-2012, 01:33 AM
Dan,

I sent you an email tonight about a Kobe jersey I came across but I forgot to mention that I was a member here. I'm hoping it's is the real thing.

I'm really excited to have Nash and Howard on the team. I can't wait for the season to start.

Thanks for your time and go Lakers!

DConLA
11-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Hello Lakers fans around the world its time to update the size info for 2012-13 NBA Season.

Kobe has worn for the last 2 years a 6XL, this year he changed to a 4XL. Howard is wearing a 2XL, Nash is wearing a (M) Medium, Gasol is wearing 3XL, Metta World Peace is wearing a 2XL, Jordan Hill 3XL, Jamison 3XL, Robert Sacre 3XL, Jodie Meeks XL, and These are the Lakers current sizes. I know all of you collectors would like to get a jersey in your favorite players size But if the team runs out of that size they will put him in something close up or down by 1 or 2 sizes so happy hunting this year for your favorite players jersey. GO LAKERS :D

DAN dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323.257.4898

DConLA
02-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Rip Jerry You Were The Reason The Lakers Were The Great Team That They Have Been During Your Ownership Of The Lakers Thank You Jerry For 10 Championships From Showtime To Now You Will Really Be Missed By All True Lakers Fans From A Fan Of Yours You Are The Man. The Lakers Will Be Wearing A Jb Patch On Their Uniforms Starting Tomorrow Night In This Great Mans Honor All Of Los Angeles Is In Mouring Over Your Loss Thanks For All The Memories Jerry

dceniceros248@yahoo.com

Samets
02-20-2013, 06:51 AM
RIP Jerry.

DConLA
03-05-2013, 09:04 PM
About the JB patch this patch will be very desirabe on LAKERS jerseys. Fakes will be easy to spot RIP JERRY 2013

dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898

jmeekins33
08-21-2013, 02:14 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Lakers will wear short sleeved jerseys for select games this coming season.

Presumably they will be similar to the jerseys that the Phoenix suns recently rolled out. Let me be the first to say that I hate this idea. The sleeved jerseys that I have seen so far are an absolute eye sore. As an NBA fan and a jersey fan, I'm deeply concerned about this.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9586839&ex_cid=espnapi_public

xsentrixsupra
02-26-2014, 02:38 PM
I know its kind of an old thread, but wondering Dan if you knew the jerseys Kobe wore for his 6 or 7 games he played this season ever hit the open market? Seems like although not a season many Lakers or Kobe fans would want to remember, the fact there can't be too many out there has got to make it a bit more desireable.

jmeekins33
06-16-2014, 06:39 PM
I know its kind of an old thread, but wondering Dan if you knew the jerseys Kobe wore for his 6 or 7 games he played this season ever hit the open market? Seems like although not a season many Lakers or Kobe fans would want to remember, the fact there can't be too many out there has got to make it a bit more desireable.

I agree. Great question. I don't know how often Dan is around here these days but I'd love to hear his input on this.

mickeymbz
06-16-2014, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=jmeekins33;358540]I agree. Great question. I don't know how often Dan is around here these days but I'd love to hear his input on this.[/QUOT

IMO this would be the least desirable year that i would want.

markzeng1025
01-24-2016, 01:50 AM
About the JB patch this patch will be very desirabe on LAKERS jerseys. Fakes will be easy to spot RIP JERRY 2013

dceniceros248@yahoo.com 323 257-4898

Hi Dan. I was contacting you via email but you didn't response. Hope I can here from you. I email is thechosenonemark90@gmail.com
Thanks

Royalsfan19
04-19-2020, 07:43 AM
Did this post get updated to reflect Kobe wore Champion from 1996-1998? Plenty of Getty and AP images that can reflect this information as there is not any Nike during that time

Royalsfan19
04-19-2020, 07:52 AM
disregard since can’t delete. Buddy tried to tell me it was Champion when it’s definitely Nike jerseys. Smh
Did this post get updated to reflect Kobe wore Champion from 1996-1998? Plenty of Getty and AP images that can reflect this information as there is not any Nike during that time