PDA

View Full Version : Lampson Error Cone Jersey

Eric
03-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone-

A friend of mine asked me a question about something that I consigned to Vintage Authentics

It's lot 26 David Cone Game Used Jersey GU8.5
http://vintageauthentics.at.truition.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=81419353&prmenbr=57735959&aunbr=81766063

The letter from steiner said it was a 1997 jersey. It's tagged 1997. But it doesn't have the jackie robinson patch and there appears to be no sign it was ever there. (This is not mentioned on the Steiner letter by the way)

Lampson says since there's no patch, and no sign of a patch then it must have been issued in '97 but used in 1998. He even gave it a point for range of wear.

However, he appears to have taken off half a point because the jackie robinson patch from 1997 isn't there.

Here's what's confusing- if it was used only in 1998 there shouldn't be a jackie patch there, so why take off the half point?

It's either a 1997 Cone jersey with a patch missing and a half point deducted OR a 1998 Cone jersey tagged 1997 with no patch because it shouldn't be there and no points deducted.

Unless I'm missing something. i have an email in to Steve Jensen, but wanted to answer the question about my item.

Thanks
Eric

reed1216
03-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Eric- I noticed that too. As a perspective bidder, the conflict doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think I will go place a bid now. As far as I am concerned, the Steiner LOA is the more important one. Of course, I collect Yankees and have no real preferences as to the specific year of use.