PDA

View Full Version : Questionable Seller

intheminors
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Guys,

This is a one-time post.

I wanted to alert you to a possible fraudulent ebayer. I believe that it is a complete fraud but I am being respectful to Forum rules.

I was contacted outside of ebay by user ID b-e-collectibles. I had bid on a couple of minor league jerseys that he was selling. I received the e-mail the day before the auctions were to end. He offered both jerseys to me at a total of $50 and he agreed to pay shipping. He said the reason he wanted to sell the jersey to me was because the current winning bidder (ebay ID texasbuccaneer) was "not a serious bidder".

I then received a fake ebay invoice (I verified it was fake through ebay and contacted them about the issue). The invoice asked for me to send the money via Western Union. I ran my mouse over the link to go to Western union and the address popped up as a router address to another website.

I e-mailed the seller and told them I had verified that the invoice had not been sent from ebay and asked them to respond. They have not.

The reason I chose to post is because the seller has a few more items listed on ebay and texas buccaneer is the winning bidder on at least one of them. Again, I have contacted ebay on the matter but have gotten nowhere so far. I'm not sure if it's because he is a Power Seller or not.

This e-mail is for informational purposes only on an isolated incident. I would hate for a Forum member to have an account wiped out if this does turn out to be fradulent.

Thanks.

Kyle

otismalibu
03-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Are you sure that the original email was actually from b-e-collectibles?

There are plenty of second chance type scams on eBay.

Swoboda4
03-29-2007, 06:39 PM
If it is a scam and they're using the b+e collectbles name and items numbers, I would call them(b+e) to let them know. It doesn't sound like something b+e collectibles would do. For past conversations on b+e,enter them in our search database.

BoneRubbedBat
03-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Sounds like someone is trying to spoof B&E. I have purchased many items from B&E and never had a problem. Texasbuccaneer is a legit bidder as we have some similar interests when it comes to vintage Texas League items.

metsbats
03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
I agree with the Marcus and Robert. I've dealt with B&E and never had any problems. In fact Joe Esposito's father lives in my neighborhood and he has had him hand deliver items i purchased to my door.

This certainly sounds like a spoof.

David

bigtime59
03-30-2007, 09:59 AM
I've recently been selling some relatively high-end photo equipment for a friend of mine, and can tell you there's absolutely nothing like having high-dollar auctions up to draw out the scammers.
One one item in particular, I got dozens of "questions" daily, the vast majority of which were attempts to either
A) sell me far east knockoffs in bulk, or
B) get me to link to a fraudulent site
It was a royal pain in the a**, and something eBay needs to seriously address.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

suave1477
03-30-2007, 11:47 AM
I vouch for B-E-collectibles I have bought from them a few times and they were professional.

First of all what made you think the invoice was from them to begin with? If you were not the highest bidder then they could have not sent you an invoice.

If they emailed you and told you about they dont trust the other bidder, it could have been actually the other bidder who sent you the invoice to scam you.

There are many variables to this but I wouldn't take it out on B-E-Collectibles.

geoff
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM
I also bought from them before.Once 10 years ago and last summer i bought from them on ebay.Never had a problem with them at all on those transactions.