PDA

View Full Version : Question about a game used jersey

uwmrules09
03-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi, I am purchasing this jersey from a board member here and wanted to know what all of you thought about it as well. The seller is a great guy and seems very reputable/trustworthy. I just want to be sure on my end before I pay him. I have a few questions for you too. I have owned several Brewers game used jerseys and all of them have a strip tag. I havent really seen any without one but this jersey also carries the 0062 wash code. Does it matter that there is no strip tag on the jersey? Also do teams ever remove it? I was told it was removed beacause it was used early in the season. The jersey shows signs of use including some fraying and some light dirt. Like I said the tagging seems to be correct as well as the sizing (Hall wore a 48 in AAA, and wore a 46 in MLB till 05) and I really dont think this is the kind of item anyone would ever fake. Please lmk.

2004 Bill Hall game used jersey
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/raytownkid09/halljersey.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k270/raytownkid09/halljersey2.jpg

uwmrules09
03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
anyone? please lmk. How reliable is the 0062 code in determining a gu jersey as well?

allstarsplus
03-30-2007, 07:10 PM
The 0062 wash tag doesn't guarantee a jersey is game used as it can be a game issued and never worn.

I have no experience with Brewers jerseys so I am sorry that I won't be any help with that.

Andrew

kylehess10
03-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Does it matter that there is no strip tag on the jersey? Also do teams ever remove it? I was told it was removed beacause it was used early in the season.

If this is true, being that the strip tag was removed, then this would be the first game worn jersey that I have ever seen without the strip tag. I've never heard before of the strip tags being removed or of any other tag. The closest thing to it that I've heard is of Roger Clemens removing the "MLB Authentic" tag, and that's it. If I were you, I'd wait until I find a better Hall jersey, with the tagging intact.

Also, from what allstarplus said, it is very true. There are just so many game issued jersey's out there, and that's why I personally only buy from highly recommended dealers.

uwmrules09
03-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks for your opinions guys. I never heard of the strip tag being removed either but I am assured by the seller (who is very reputable) that it is real. I also matched it against my Ben Sheets game used jersey and everything checked out. It could be a jersey that he just used for a very short stretch of game. I am certain it is gu rather than issued b/c of the fraying and spots that have dirt/sweat marks.

BarryMeisel
03-31-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi UWM,

If you would like to be certain, MeiGray would be happy to try and photo match it. Please contact me at bmeisel@meigray.com or Stu at soxenhorn@meigray.com if you would like us to provide this service.

Thanks,

Barry Meisel, MGG

uwmrules09
03-31-2007, 04:01 PM
wow, thanks Barry. I just sent you an email with pictures of the jersey. lmk if there is anything else you need.