Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • calgrad1999
    • Mar 2007

Need some advice on Orioles Jersey

Do you guys have any thoughts on this Orioles Jersey?

It doesn't come with COA. Hoping to channel some advice from Orioles experts, as my knowledge of these items is limited.

thanks for the help

• ironmanfan
    • Sep 2005

Re: Need some advice on Orioles Jersey

It's the real deal

Comment

• kingjammy24
      • Nov 2005

i can't say for certain on this particular jersey, however i have yet to come across a 1989-1991 orioles jersey that did NOT have a restored nameplate (ripkens aside). if a restored nameplate doesn't matter to you then it's no big deal. if it does matter to you, then be cautious about any orioles jersey from this time period. if it turns out that it's an original nameplate, then you've found quite a treat.

bob melvin played in 72 games as a catcher with the 1991 orioles. if he genuinely used this jersey, then i'd want to see some noticeable pilling under the arms from the chest protector straps. without the pilling, the jersey may just game-issued.

i have a 1990 melvin road gamer in my photo library and it too has 2" of extra length and is a size 44.

other than that, it looks good.

rudy.

Comment

• bigtime59
        • Nov 2005

While restored nameplates are common on home whites and road grays, I don't believe the alternates were sent down. Most of the ones I've seen had original plates on them. Also, they weren't worn much, so shouldn't show a whole lot of wear.

Mark
        bigtime39@aol.com
        Mark
        msutton59@gmail.com

Comment

Working...