PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Mark Mcgwire Bat

cjmedina1
03-30-2007, 10:32 PM
A while back I bat this batfrom Marcus.There was some question on the bat given that Mears had gave this bat a grade of 8.In read the LOO at the bottom it reads

"256B is consistent with his Oakland erabats,we have never see pictures of him with a black bat.Typically he used a white finish(Natural).Majority of use is above the barrel label"

Now at the time there was a 1990 allstar card that show Mcgwire with a black bat.I continued my serch in trying to find some more photos.I did find 2 more photo,One has him with a black bat.

The last photo shows him swinging a black bat but for the most part you can Make out markings on the bat.I would like all of your input and opinions also.I did email Troy today and now I'm just waiting for his response.

Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

cjmedina1
03-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Here is some pics of the bat

Carlie Medina III

skyking26
03-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Not sure what your question is here Carlie? Since you have presented cards here with him obviously using a black bat, it would appear there is no question that he used one however briefly. The fact that it does not show a ton of use might be bothering you. Perhaps you have a game ready - but given the fact he may not have used a black bat much - who cares? You have a tough item with a legit sig (although crappy pen).

Bob

cjmedina1
04-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Bob

All the use is at the back of the bat and belive its there:D .My main question is would this be enough to have mears change what they have said in the LOO?

hblakewolf
04-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Carlie-
Correct me if I'm wrong, however, you are known much more in this "hobby" as a McGwire expert than MEARS, correct? At last count, how many MAC game used bats do you have?

Why kill yourself with this MEARS LOA, and trying to get it updated?

You have photos of McGwire using the bat, combined with your experience. What better proff/evidence do you need?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

cjmedina1
04-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Howard

My count was up to 7:D (86,88,89,92,93,94,00)But I sold off 2 bats(92,94) A few years back.After that that when I decided to try and Collect every year Mcgwire played.BTW all bats are signed.:D :D :D

Any new Mac items for you Howard?Also did you get that article on the TWO FIVE on Mcgwire bats?If you read the story I did infact talk with the owner ofthe baseball card shop that had all that SWEET Mcgwire items on display.He told me once a month Mcgwire would come in and change out stuff.How cool would it be to have an 1984 Olympic Jersery and a LS BAT from the olympics signed.:eek: :eek:

cjmedina1
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Opps

Carlie Medina III

skyking26
04-05-2007, 01:21 PM
I gotta agree with Howard here Carlie... You are the bomb when it comes to bats, and Howard with jerseys. Any assistance I require on either subject I will tip my hat to the experts (that would be you)...

You guys have a great Easter!

Bob