PDA

View Full Version : DConLA / nytrider8

kingjammy24
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
hi dan

you recently posted that your ebay id is nytrider8. for some reason, that id rang a bell. then i remembered, i'd seen you sell at least 5 or 6 "1989 bo jackson game issued" jerseys. your description always read "this jersey was issued to bo to wear..". here are 4 of your auctions for these 1989 bo jackson, home, set 2 "game issued" jerseys:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8767712510

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8760827495

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8789595489

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290009635521

a few questions for you:

- do you remember how many of these jerseys you've sold?

- legit bo jackson royals gamers are pretty rare. i'm a bo jackson fan and i've never seen a legit 1989 gamer. yet somehow you managed to end up with 4+ home, "game issued" jerseys (all labeled set 2). did it ever seem odd to you that you had a ton of 1989 home bo jackson "game issued" jerseys that were all tagged as set 2? did you ever think that if you had this many tagged as "set 2", then there were probably an equal number tagged as "set 1" and that if you started putting all of the numbers together it'd mean that bo was issued over 20 jerseys in 1989?

- do you honestly believe that all of these were genuinely "issued to bo to wear during 1989 season"?

- if i may ask, where did you get all of these? one of your ads stated "Acquired from a legitimate source within the Majors". these jerseys are 18 years old. a source within the Majors was hanging on to 4+ identical 1989 bo jackson home, set 2, "game-issued" jerseys for 18 yrs?

thanks,

rudy.

lund6771
04-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Scoreboard used to sell them...I think that they alss had Canseco, Will Clark, and some others...they sold them for a while in the SCD

DConLA
04-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey Rudy
I Bought 10 Of These Jersey As Team Issued Pro Models From Scoreboard.
At That Time Scoreboard Was A Legitimate Source Within The Majors Purchasing Their Jerseys Directly From Rawlings.i Also Am A Big Bo Fan Just Like You.i Them Put Them Away In My Attic And I Sat On Them For 16 Years. Last Year When I Was Moving I Found Them And Gave Them To My Assistant To Run On Ebay. We Then Sold Them As Team Issued.
We Then Watched Them Pop Up As Game Woren Jerseys In Auction Houses.do You Find That Odd? Because I Do.

Dan

kingjammy24
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM
dan,

thanks for your honesty. i have to say though, it seems you really took some creative license with the descriptions.

"At That Time Scoreboard Was A Legitimate Source Within The Majors.."

?!?! scoreboard was never "within the majors". come on dan. if i open a shop and i buy some pro-spec jerseys from russell, then all of a sudden i'm somehow "within the majors"?! wow! dan, everyone knows what a team or league source is. it's someone that's on the team or league payroll. scoreboard was never anything of the sort. scoreboard simply purchased jerseys from rawlings and had autograph/promo contracts with several mlb players. mlb baseball nor the kc royals had nothing to do with these jerseys and they were not sourced from "within the majors". they were sourced directly from scoreboard which sourced them from rawlings. where exactly did major league baseball come into play in that equation if the jerseys went directly from rawlings to scoreboard? calling scoreboard "a source within the majors" is misleading to say the least.

i'm curious why in none of your ebay ads did you simply state that you bought them from scoreboard rather than alluding to some misleading and cryptic "major league source"? if you were describing how you acquired them, why didn't you just say scoreboard?

"We Then Sold Them As Team Issued"

you sold them as "issued to bo to wear during the 1989 season". they were never "issued to bo to wear" though were they? after all, rawlings issued them to scoreboard for the sole purpose of selling them to the public. "issued to bo to wear"? how exactly could bo have possibly worn these..by ordering some from scoreboard? they were never issued to bo to wear. they were solely issued to be sold by rawlings (which was never "within the mlb") to scoreboard (a non-mlb entity) and then to the mass public via scoreboards proprietary, non-mlb, retail channels.

"We Then Watched Them Pop Up As Game Woren Jerseys In Auction Houses. do You Find That Odd? Because I Do."

imagine that. do i find it odd? no, not really. just like you neglected to mention to your buyers that these were purchased from scoreboard, they neglected to tell the auction houses. they probably thought they were getting a real, game-issued jersey that came from "within mlb". funny huh? they probably told the auction houses the same thing you told them - "sourced from within the majors!".

ever wonder why you managed to sell a scoreboard jersey for over $1000? i guess someone out there thought a bo jackson autograph was worth $800? do you think if you would've said in the ad that you bought it from scoreboard that the person would've paid over $1k?

when you saw these jerseys pop up in auction houses as "game worn" i trust you immediately notified the auction houses that they were scoreboard jerseys?

rudy.

DConLA
04-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Rudy I'm Not Interested In Arguing .our Intention When Posting The Jerseys On Ebay Was To List Them As Team Issued(not Game Used)that Is What We Did And We Were Not Trying To Mislead Anyone.we Contacted Ebay Before We Listed Them And The Listing Was Done After Getting Input From Them.and How We Should List Them As Team Issued.sorry If The Description Caused Any Confusion.that Was Not Our Intention.
Dan

kingjammy24
04-05-2007, 12:54 AM
hi dan,

"we Contacted Ebay Before We Listed Them And The Listing Was Done After Getting Input From Them.and How We Should List Them As Team Issued"

as i understand this, you contacted ebay and told them you purchased a bulk of Scoreboard jerseys. they replied that you should sell them as "team issued"?

here are my remaining questions:

- how were these jerseys "issued to bo to wear for the 1989 season" if you knew they went directly from Rawlings to Scoreboard for the sole purpose of being sold to the public? that is, how was it possible for them to be issued to bo to wear in 1989?

- if you purchased them from Scoreboard, then why didn't you state that in your ad? rather than saying "legit source from within the majors" why didn't you say they were specifically bought from Scoreboard?

- how is Scoreboard a "source from within the majors" if they never operated in any capacity whatsoever for Major League Baseball?
Scoreboard had a direct contract with Rawlings in which they purchased jerseys for the sole purpose of selling them themselves directly to the public. How did this arrangement place them within Major League Baseball?

- your ads stated that the jerseys were "Guaranteed to pass Grey Flannel or Global Authentication". if everyone believed these were just Scoreboard jerseys then why would anyone want them authenticated? to confirm that they're "legit Scoreboard jerseys offered via QVC"?
- upon seeing these jerseys you sold show up as "game used" in auction houses did you contact the auction houses to let them know that the shirts came from you and they were not game-used in order to help prevent buyers from making bad purchases? you recently shared some great info about kobe jerseys in order help fight fraud and i'm just curious if you did the same when you saw your scoreboard jerseys being sold as "game used" in the auction houses.

thanks in advance. i look forward to your answers.

rudy.

Eric
04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
A 1989 Bo Jackson Set 2 jersey is in the current Historic Auctions offering

http://www.historicauctions.com/search/list/auctionid/37393/

allstarsplus
04-17-2007, 10:24 PM
A 1989 Bo Jackson Set 2 jersey is in the current Historic Auctions offering

http://www.historicauctions.com/search/list/auctionid/37393/

Eric - It has a Lou Lampson COA. Doesn't that make you comfortable? (lol)

Did you notice most of the game used baseball jerseys on Historic were authenticated by Lou. Is Expert Authentication still authenticating for them?

Gotta love the Jeter and ARod!

ironmanfan
04-18-2007, 10:11 AM
Has anyone else noticed that when you try to link to Historic's site from this forum, it is blocked? Give it a try if you haven't....Interesting