PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez-game Used-worn Jersey-pants-belt

3arod13
04-06-2007, 04:20 AM
Does anyone see any problems with this Arod Game Used Pants/Jersey? I also find it odd that a seller would say Game-Used-Worn. If it's game used, then of course it was worn. Is this maybe a way for a seller to cover themselves in case the game used becomes questionable and they can at least come back and say the also mentioned worn?

Thanks, Tony

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-PANTS-BELT_W0QQitemZ180102909263QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60597 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

kellsox
04-06-2007, 06:17 AM
Probably so the item will show up if a search is for game worn or game used. More exposure for the listing.

3arod13
04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Probably so the item will show up if a search is for game worn or game used. More exposure for the listing.

Makes sense...thanks! I'm not too familiar with tagging, patches, etc. Most of the threads I read on jersey's in this forum is pretty wild. Thanks! Tony

3arod13
04-07-2007, 06:36 AM
Does anyone see any problems with this Arod Game Used Pants/Jersey? I also find it odd that a seller would say Game-Used-Worn. If it's game used, then of course it was worn. Is this maybe a way for a seller to cover themselves in case the game used becomes questionable and they can at least come back and say the also mentioned worn?

Thanks, Tony

http://cgi.ebay.com/ALEX-RODRIGUEZ-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-PANTS-BELT_W0QQitemZ180102909263QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60597 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Can anyone with jersey experience please provide me with either there are no problems with this jersey or otherwise? Would be much appreciated.

hippo916
04-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Howard Wolf knows more about Mariners jerseys than I will ever know. So, he's your best bet. In the meantime, I believe this is a perfect example of a game-used ARod uniform. It has the characteristic, and I believe absolutely essential for this era ARod, length tags. Year tag font is correct; watch out for ARod fakes from this era with unusual year tag fonts. For example, thinner, more "digital" looking number fonts. Name-plate lettering is consistent and professional, unlike those on the fake ARod's with the lettering "hack jobs" coming out of the Seattle area in about 1999 and 2000. Most importantly, this uniform came from Jeff Johnson of Coast-to-Coast, who was Griffey, Jr.'s and ARod's exclusive memorabilia agent in the 1990s. But $4,000 is over-priced.

3arod13
04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Howard Wolf knows more about Mariners jerseys than I will ever know. So, he's your best bet. In the meantime, I believe this is a perfect example of a game-used ARod uniform. It has the characteristic, and I believe absolutely essential for this era ARod, length tags. Year tag font is correct; watch out for ARod fakes from this era with unusual year tag fonts. For example, thinner, more "digital" looking number fonts. Name-plate lettering is consistent and professional, unlike those on the fake ARod's with the lettering "hack jobs" coming out of the Seattle area in about 1999 and 2000. Most importantly, this uniform came from Jeff Johnson of Coast-to-Coast, who was Griffey, Jr.'s and ARod's exclusive memorabilia agent in the 1990s. But $4,000 is over-priced.

Thanks for taking the time to provide this info. Wow! I'm not much of a game used uniform collector, but all that I have read on this site, shows you have to be educated and know alot about uniforms, tagging, patches, etc. This uniform has been listed numerous times at $4,000, as the seller says he can't sell it for less because this is what he paid for it. However, how many complete uniforms do you see for sale?

Vintagedeputy
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Maybe he thought it was something like when a players jersey is hanging in the dugout in rememberance but its not worn? :)

http://cardnilly.com/wp-images/MathenyDK.jpg

thomecollector
04-08-2007, 06:29 AM
Tony,
I guess it boils down to.....How much is it worth to you? How many are you really going to see ? Especially when he hits 500 HR. I see jerseys all the time selling for half of that. And they aren't the caliber of ARod. So, I say if you want it. You should buy it. Don't want to kick yourself next year when it is up to $6,000. Just a thought. Roger:D

3arod13
04-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Tony,
I guess it boils down to.....How much is it worth to you? How many are you really going to see ? Especially when he hits 500 HR. I see jerseys all the time selling for half of that. And they aren't the caliber of ARod. So, I say if you want it. You should buy it. Don't want to kick yourself next year when it is up to $6,000. Just a thought. Roger:D

Thomecollector, thanks! You definately don't see many full uniforms, especially with the belt. Thanks again!

hblakewolf
04-08-2007, 12:05 PM
The outfit appears to be correct, based on the limited photos. Combined with the fact that it has a LOA from Mill Creek/Jeff & Scott, I would enjoy having it in my collection, if I collected such items.

As a side note: Interesting that the pants have the Russell tag that many feel was used throught he 1995 season (washing instructions). The jersey has the tag that most collectors are comfortable with for 1997. I have 2 pairs of Ripken pants from 1997, one has the accepted 1997 tag, the other the same as these A-Rods.

Regarding Mariners jerseys, I have listed 2 Mariners jerseys on Ebay, appearing this sunday evening. A nice Ichiro and Rene Rivera, both from 2005.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND BEAVERS AND PORTLAND MAVERICKS JERSEYS

3arod13
04-09-2007, 03:17 PM
[quote=hblakewolf;37003] Combined with the fact that it has a LOA from Mill Creek/Jeff & Scott, I would enjoy having it in my collection, if I collected such items.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Just curious, so you would trust the two blonde LVS bats that I have as Game Used vice BP if they came with LOA's signed by Arod from Millcreek Sports? COA's signed in 1998.

Tony

hblakewolf
04-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Tony-
As I always say, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and wipe your rear with a LOA. Unless the LOA is from the team and describes the specific item in question (not a generic LOA from the team), I don't really have much use for them.

We have recently seen several photos of A-Rod using blond bats during games, so what's the issue?

I'm not extremely experienced with A-Rod bats and models #'s/characteristics, etc., however, Mill Creek has a good reputation and was dealing directly with A-Road and Griffey when they played for the Mariners.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND MAVERICKS AND PORTLAND BEAVERS JERSEYS

3arod13
04-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Tony-
As I always say, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and wipe your rear with a LOA. Unless the LOA is from the team and describes the specific item in question (not a generic LOA from the team), I don't really have much use for them.

We have recently seen several photos of A-Rod using blond bats during games, so what's the issue?

I'm not extremely experienced with A-Rod bats and models #'s/characteristics, etc., however, Mill Creek has a good reputation and was dealing directly with A-Road and Griffey when they played for the Mariners.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PHILLIES, PORTLAND MAVERICKS AND PORTLAND BEAVERS JERSEYS

Howard, why is it that you have to be so nasty and rude in your responses?

I asked a simple question. Being that you lived in Seattle, and seem to think highly enough of Millcreeks Sports, I would think that if it came from Millcreek Sports and they're trustworthy, that I would definately feel that much better, considering all the negative opinions.

No reason to be so damn rude! Tony

hblakewolf
04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Tony-
How is Go-s name was my post rude?

You asked for an opinion, I gave you one, and basically said to conduct your own resarch and don't depend on a LOA when making your decision. Sound advice, with no attitude, Tony.

Best of luck with your A-Rod purchases.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net