PDA

View Full Version : Recent Pick-up-2006 World Series Tigers Jersey

misteremu
04-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Hello,

Just thought the readers here would appreciate seeing photos of a recent game used World Series jersey. This is a Carlos Guillen's away jersey from the series with the Cardinals. Regarding the tag, and according to the authenticator I spoke to who handles all of the game used jerseys at Comerica park, Jim Schhmakel (clubhouse manager) initialed the tag with "JS", and he also designated a "G" for game worn. Also has MLB hologram attached to the tag. Jersey appears to have been laundered at some point as the stiff feel of a brand new jersey/tags is gone, and their are several minor stitching pulling of some threads. However, a nice "odor" still remains...my guess is that it may have been laundered after games 3 & 4, but maybe not after game 5...I am trying to verify that with the authenticator. The height of the WS patch on the sleeve is consistent with images I can find and I also believe I found a stitching location photo match.

Thanks....

geoff
04-06-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice looking jersey i am a fan of Carlos also he can play the game well.Nice pickup Geoff

karamaxjoe
04-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Does anyone know what the 264 at the end of the tag stands for?

Mike

misteremu
04-06-2007, 03:09 PM
I've been told it is some sort of inventory #...I've owned one other 2006 jersey and have seen numerous others....I could never figure out a rhyme or reason to the # system..

Eric

bigtime59
04-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Are the Tigers finally getting better about letting stuff out? They've been among the worst teams for getting G/U jerseys...

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

misteremu
04-06-2007, 05:38 PM
Yes, the team store is selling the ALCS and World Series Game Worn and Game Issued jerseys.

crazynick15
04-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Hey, do you remember any of the prices??? just for a basic Game issued jersey??????
Any help would be great!
Thanks
Nick

misteremu
04-06-2007, 09:36 PM
The cheapest jerseys I remember were $750....maybe $500 for some of the coaches....

Anyone of significance was $1,000+.