PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at what Ramon Castro gave me at the Braves/Mets game tonight.....

kylehess10
04-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Well I just got back from the Braves/Mets home opener and it was a crazy day for me. I met a ton of players, with the best being Jose Reyes (on an OML baseball). David Wright and Moises Alou also signed but the people were just going crazy and there was no way in hell I could've gotten through them so I missed them. So, when Ramon Castro finished warming up, he threw me the ball and I first noticed that the stitching was colored. I look at the front of the ball and it's......

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/dfjaskldfj003.jpg

.....a 2005 All Star Game baseball :eek: :confused: .......why are the Mets warming up with 2005 All Star Game baseballs?? Seemed pretty weird to me. Also, after the game I headed over to the Braves player parking lot and met Scott Thorman, Lance Cormier, Tyler Yates, Pete Orr and Chris Woodward. Woodward was a really nice guy. I had my secret weapon with me at first in order to get autos from a ton of good players on the Mets..............2 Dominicans and 2 Puerto Ricans :D . I told them to bring a Dominican flag and to wave it to the players and to speak spanish to them. A lot of player's like Moises Alou and Julio Franco were staring back.

Also, about the baseball, if this is a common thing with teams, using baseball's from events like the All Star Game, then this would be really bad for collector's like us where there are possibly many baseball's being sold out there saying that they were used during the event when it was actually used during BP

TNTtoys
04-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Kyle,

I certainly agree with you about Woodward -- although he didn't play too well, I was still sad to see him go last year.

His game worn 1986 throwback uniform is still the centerpiece of my collection!! It would be nice to get him to sign it when the Braves are up in New York this year -- though I'll wait til it's warmer out to start going to some games!!!

Nick

eGameUsed
04-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Kyle,

Before the inception of the light green colored MLB Practice baseballs last year, the Astros used MLB regular issues baseballs almost exclusively for BP or warm-ups. A lot of them were reject baseballs from the ump or foul balls from game play. The Astros would mark an H on them in the sweatspot. Last year whe I bought a couple hundred used MLB baseballs for a piece of furniture I was working on for my outdoor area, there were (3) 2001 World Series baseballs. The baseballs look to be mis-prints or something because the logos are skewed. They had the H written on the sweetspot though, so don't look that great.

Thanks,

kylehess10
04-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Kyle,

Before the inception of the light green colored MLB Practice baseballs last year, the Astros used MLB regular issues baseballs almost exclusively for BP or warm-ups. A lot of them were reject baseballs from the ump or foul balls from game play. The Astros would mark an H on them in the sweatspot. Last year whe I bought a couple hundred used MLB baseballs for a piece of furniture I was working on for my outdoor area, there were (3) 2001 World Series baseballs. The baseballs look to be mis-prints or something because the logos are skewed. They had the H written on the sweetspot though, so don't look that great.

Thanks,

Thanks; there's nothing written on my ball though. But someone on another site told me that the Mets most likely purchased over-produced baseballs from Rawlings and these were included.