PDA

View Full Version : Seller Appreciation Thread

jake33
04-09-2007, 12:50 PM
The thing i hate most about himanity is that we do NOT appreciate immidate situations in life and recognize that. I would like to recognize a couple sellers (AND THERE ARE MANY MORE I could commend) that i had recent transactiosn with..

BRAD moore at fairmore - traded/bought with over 10 items, great communication, nice guy, fast shipper, honest, VERY educated on the industry and has great insight

MArk Hayne (gridiron exchange) - INTERGRITY, solid guy, fast shipper, GREAT to deal with, honest, tons of great connections and stories, always willing to buy from him

Jim yackel - as complete of a seller as you get, this guy gets everything that all business and sales people should get. Tremendous marketing bridge and people skills

I also love working with Hartel Sports, and Murf Denny even though i don't use them as frequently, great guys and buy from all of them if the situation presents itself.

reed1216
04-09-2007, 01:11 PM
I'd also like to thank MeiGray, for several excellent transactions, as well as Rob Steinmetz and Jim Caravello for equally smooth deals over the past month or two. One EBay seller that I would like to recognize is Splinters from the Pine. They have answered all of my questions promptly and provided top notch service when I purchased a Sheffield jersey/pants set from them. Thanks to all of you for helping to make this hobby fun.

jon_8_us
04-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Ditto from me on Mark Hayne.I only had one deal with him so far but was very impressed!
jon

Yankwood
04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
If everybody doesn't mind, I would like to give myself a big pat on the back. I have sold some really nice bats over the last few months at bargain prices. And I have delivered them well packaged and in a timely manner.

scottanservitz
04-09-2007, 09:43 PM
I will reiterate from posts from the past and my experiences with some sellers from this site.

Rob Steinmetz is a very professional seller. He knows what he is selling. He is easy to deal with. And most importantly he stands behind everything he sells. Top notch.

Andy Benish is also a very knowledgable seller who deals in quality. I learned a lot from him and was very pleased with his product.

Reid Fontaine is a motivated seller that also has nice product. Very good transaction. Goes the extra to make sure the buyer is happy.

Jim Caravello is very helpful with his bat knowledge. His bats are very high quality and worth every penny. When he says a bat is hammered with use, it is. You get exactly what you want and then some. Top notch also.

These are sellers I have dealt with personally and I have been very pleased with all of them. With all the posts about deals that had problems I would recommend all these sellers. If you are leary about buying from someone you are not familiar with then you are at risk of not being completely satisfied. This site has some of the best in the business. I was very fortunate to learn from them and deal with them directly. It is always buyer beware, but when you can't get in touch with the person you are dealing with then the door is open to a not so great experience. I enjoy this hobby and with great sellers right here I intend to continue to do so for years to come. Happy collecting.

Scott Anservitz

reed1216
04-10-2007, 02:50 AM
I forgot to mention a couple of sellers/dealers and sure I will forget others...
First, I totally agree with the other collector who mentioned Reid Fontaine. Not only does he have a first class name;) he is a great guy to deal with. Also, Rich Ellis is first class all the way. Although I have never purchased anything from him directly (yet), he is always available to discuss items and is very generous with his time and knowledge. Thanks too to Howard Wolfe (I think). He seems to always be quick to offer opinions on items here in the forum, that members ask about. It's definately worthwhile to recognize the positive people in the hobby, especially when the negatives seem to attract the most attention.

island_style
04-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Several Forum members come to mind for my appreciation of acquiring items that they have offered to me for my collection. Rex Shinmon, David Louie, Bob Playford, Rudy Sauceda and Andy Fogel have all been instrumental in helping to add key items to my theme collection. Having met Rudy (in Los Angeles) and Rex (in Hawaii) personally, in addition to the excellent communication with Andy, David and Bob, I am pleased to have dealt with these individuals.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

sportscentury
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Scott and Reed,

Thank you for your kind words. It has been a pleasure.

Best,
Reid

beavisrules
04-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Jim Yackel - have bought and sold jerseys through him - class act, prompt responses to emails; quickly sends jerseys purchased or payment for items sold; very trustworthy and knowledgable

-beavisrules
always interested in Notre Dame memorabilia

TNTtoys
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
All,

I have to list my "usual suspects" here -- Jim Yackel, Kim Stigall and Murf Denny... each has helped considerably with my collection, and has been very helpful over the phone and through email. I have had a great number of good transactions with other sellers -- almost too many to mention, but I usually circle back with these 3 the most.

I'd also like to add a couple of new guys to the list --
Bob Malandro -- Bob secured for me a couple of fantastic items for me these past couple of weeks and I'm very appreciative. His customer service is always top notch.
Andy Fogel -- I guess it's always an incomplete list for the Mets collector unless Andy's a part of it. He continues to look for things on my wants list and has come up with a couple of gems.

Nick

island_style
04-12-2007, 05:59 AM
All,

I have to list my "usual suspects" here -- Jim Yackel, Kim Stigall and Murf Denny... each has helped considerably with my collection, and has been very helpful over the phone and through email. I have had a great number of good transactions with other sellers -- almost too many to mention, but I usually circle back with these 3 the most.

I'd also like to add a couple of new guys to the list --
Bob Malandro -- Bob secured for me a couple of fantastic items for me these past couple of weeks and I'm very appreciative. His customer service is always top notch.
Andy Fogel -- I guess it's always an incomplete list for the Mets collector unless Andy's a part of it. He continues to look for things on my wants list and has come up with a couple of gems.

Nick

Nick,

In my opinion, great references of Bob Malandro and Andy Fogel. I was recently able to add some great items to my collection because of Bob's excellent customer service. Additionally, Andy has provided some incredible items for me the past several years of certain players that I collect. I echo these sentiments for the sellers I previously mentioned in this thread. Hopefully, everyone's experience with these individuals were as positive as mine.

Kind Regards,

Ron.

Rsamiano@aol.com

cohibasmoker
04-12-2007, 06:17 AM
How about Eric Stangel? If it wasn't for Eric, this forum would not exist. Many thanx.

Jim

reed1216
04-20-2007, 02:18 AM
I would like to express my appreciation for Steiner Sports. I mentioned them in another thread, but thought it would be appropriate to mention them here too. Recently, I have bought a 2003 Clemens and a 1997 Pettitte. Both deals were enjoyable and I will definitely work with them again.

I also wish to thank Nose for the Net. They deal mainly in NHL stuff (which I also love), but they sold me a MeiGray Alex Rodriguez Rangers jersey, from the 2002 season. It also was accompanied by a framed photo, with him wearing the exact same jersey I now own. Their service and level of communication was top notch and I would recommend them to anyone.

reed1216
05-25-2007, 03:19 AM
I did my first transaction with Jim Yackel, from Jim's Jerseys and I couldn't be happier. It was for a 1998 Andre Wadsworth Cardinals jersey and it is killed with use and repairs made by the team. The jersey arrived quickly and I will certainly purchase from him again. Thanks!!

JETEFAN
05-25-2007, 08:49 AM
If everybody doesn't mind, I would like to give myself a big pat on the back. I have sold some really nice bats over the last few months at bargain prices. And I have delivered them well packaged and in a timely manner.

Yankwood, you are the best !!! I would also like to add that your choice of packaging tape is outstanding, clearly top notch quality !!!

George

beavisrules
05-25-2007, 01:39 PM
recently bought jerseys from GUU members "gwh11" and "woodfern" in past couple of months - both were outstanding transactions with high quality items, immediate shipment, and great communication with the sellers

-beavisrules
always looking for Notre Dame memorabilia

bigtime59
05-26-2007, 04:15 PM
Since I haven't bought much of anything lately, I'd like to turn this thread around and give a big shout out to all my buyers over the last couple of months (except for member www.greensborohockey.com, who stiffed me on a Miguel Tejada TBC jersey, and didn't have the decency to answer repeated emails and a call). You guys have been great, and I hope to do more business with you soon.
Mark
mwt59 on eBay
bigtime39@aol.com