PDA

View Full Version : Thanks GUU and all Users!

3arod13
04-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Not to steal away anything from the "Seller Appreciation Thread", but I personally want to thank Chris Cavalier, Mike Specht, Jim Caravello, and the many of you in this forum for sharing your expertise, knowledgeable, and most of all sharing of information that has guided many collectors in the right direction, keeping them from buying fake items.

Whether or not I make a thread myself, I find myself just reading all of the threads in this forum daily. The knowledge just blows me away (especially those of you who know so much about jerseys (patches, tagging etc.) and bats!

I can't say enough about this site!

Again, many thanks for all you have done for me and everyone else!

All my best, Tony

3arod13
04-10-2007, 06:08 AM
The two big things this forum did for/and helped me with was:

- First, my two 1998 Alex Rodriguez LVS Bats. The keen eye of members in this forum recognized immediately that my LOA's stated 1997 vice 1998, due to the LVS label on the bats. They provided me a link to a website that shows examples of labels for many different bats, where then I was able to see that LVS changed the label from 1997 to 1998. I was able to return my LOA's and get them corrected.

- Second, my 1994 Columbus Clippers Derek Jeter Game Used Bat. I had an LOA from GAI authenticating the bat and signature. I knew for a fact the signature was 100% authentic, but I did question the #2 written on the knob, vice Jeter's #13, which he wore with Columbus. I listed the bat for sale on ebay. However, many in this forum also questioned the bat. It was because of this forum, I ended the auction until I was able to get solid documenation for the bat. Because of many of you, it pushed me to write to the Yankees, which I was finally able to get Derek Jeter to not only look at the bat, but to authentic the bat. Without this forum and all of you, this wouldn't have happened.

These are only two examples of what the people in this forum have done for me, not to forget all the many others you have helped.

I can't thank you all enough. I'm 47 years old, and although I have been collecting for 32 years, I definately don't know everything.

Again, many thanks! Tony