PDA

View Full Version : Shipping hockey sticks - Help!

misteremu
04-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Hello,

I want to sell a few of my game worn hockey sticks, but I have no idea how to package them (where to buy such a large, long, box, and what shipping costs between North American points tend to be). If any fellow collectors could share their expertise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric

PK
04-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Eric, wrap the sticks in bubble wrap then brown paper bags and tape it up good. Works just fine and you can ship USPS for under $10

Matt

jon_8_us
04-15-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello,

I want to sell a few of my game worn hockey sticks, but I have no idea how to package them (where to buy such a large, long, box, and what shipping costs between North American points tend to be). If any fellow collectors could share their expertise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric

Although the method the last poster wrote will work if your looking for something a little more secure this how i do it.Get a good size box(maybe from your local grocery store)and cut down one of the corners so it turns into a large piece of cardboard.Then basically put the stick on the piece of cardboard after its been bubble wrapped and fold cardboard around the stick and tape with duct tape really tightly.USPS postage for priority mail is about 14$.If you have any other question feel free to email me.I just sent out about 7 sticks using this manner and it worked great!
jon

misteremu
04-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks to both of you!

Eric

MooseDog
04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
One more thing in addition to the fine comments made by the other two posters...be sure to watch the size of the total package. I don't think it's an issue to the US, as I think the total dimension size before it gets classified as "oversize"is 108 inches, but I once tried to send a stick from California to Canada, and the total dimensions can't exceed 80 inches (L + W + H).