PDA

View Full Version : Fielding Glove Records

3arod13
04-16-2007, 04:36 AM
Does anyone know where I can get information about fielding gloves, or how information can be obtained to ensure a glove is authentic?

As always, Thanks, Tony

3arod13
04-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Trying to find information in reference to this Alex Rodriguez Rawlings PRO-6HF gold glove for the Professional player.

Any help would be appreciated.

As always, thanks! Tony

3arod13
04-16-2007, 04:53 AM
Larger pic

3arod13
04-17-2007, 01:41 AM
Are there any fielding glove experts in this forum, or anyone who can direct me to where I can get information (specific info about make and model of gloves) about this glove?

3arod13
04-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Or any websites that explain information about the Rawlings PRO-6FH...how to tell if the glove is made for actual players, etc.

I've searched with negative results.

Thanks, Tony

3arod13
04-17-2007, 09:18 AM
111 people viewed this thread. Am I to believe that nobody has knowledge about gloves, or knowledge of where information can be found? Hard to believe in this forum.

b.heagy
04-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Tony,
Send me an email. Got a link for you to try.

3arod13
04-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Tony,

Great!!

arod13tb@yahoo.com

3arod13
04-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Tony,

send it also to:

arod13tb@yahoo.com
anthony.baldwin@navy.mil

3arod13
04-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Tony,

Great websites! Thanks for the info! Again, this forum is great!!

Tony

3arod13
04-18-2007, 11:23 AM
111 people viewed this thread. Am I to believe that nobody has knowledge about gloves, or knowledge of where information can be found? Hard to believe in this forum.

I was put in contact with Dennis Esken who was more than helpful. He confirmed that this is NOT a game used Alex Rodriguez glove. This is an Upper Deck signed Alex Rodriguez glove, signed in 1998 or 1999. Both Arod and Griffey did this with Upperdeck. Unfortunately, someone worked the glove up as GAME USED and passed it on as such.

The good news is I will recover my money back. However, What bothers me more is that I know some of you probably knew, but chose not to help me or guide me in the right direction.

Do you think it would have been good for our hobby to let me think this was a good glove? Then if I would have turned around and tried to sell this glove as a GAME USED ALEX RODRIGUEZ GLOVE, someone elese would have got ripped off.

I thought this forum was to share knowledge and help each other. I do believe some in this forum could have helped, but chose not too.

bat_master
04-18-2007, 11:43 AM
I was put in contact with Dennis Esken who was more than helpful. He confirmed that this is NOT a game used Alex Rodriguez glove. This is an Upper Deck signed Alex Rodriguez glove, signed in 1998 or 1999. Both Arod and Griffey did this with Upperdeck. Unfortunately, someone worked the glove up as GAME USED and passed it on as such.

The good news is I will recover my money back. However, What bothers me more is that I know some of you probably knew, but chose not to help me or guide me in the right direction.

Do you think it would have been good for our hobby to let me think this was a good glove? Then if I would have turned around and tried to sell this glove as a GAME USED ALEX RODRIGUEZ GLOVE, someone elese would have got ripped off.

I thought this forum was to share knowledge and help each other. I do believe some in this forum could have helped, but chose not too.

Tony,

Glad to hear that you were able to find the information you were seeking even though it wasn't what you were hoping.

However, I will be the first to step up and say that I didn't know whether it was a retail glove or a pro glove because I don't know gloves.

I would also say that you might do better if you provided your email address in each and every post. This way, if there is someone that does have the info you need, but is reluctant about posting they don't have to do it publicly and can email you privately to provide the information you seek.

Lastly, I would suggest having some patience. Seems like you were absolutely appalled that no one answered your post after only a day. Sometimes these things take time.

I've posted more than once that I'm looking for pre-1970 H&B game used bats of hall of fame players. I can't say that I've ever received a response.

Should I believe that no one in here has a single pre-1970 H&B bat and that no one is willing to help?

3arod13
04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Tony,

Glad to hear that you were able to find the information you were seeking even though it wasn't what you were hoping.

However, I will be the first to step up and say that I didn't know whether it was a retail glove or a pro glove because I don't know gloves.

I would also say that you might do better if you provided your email address in each and every post. This way, if there is someone that does have the info you need, but is reluctant about posting they don't have to do it publicly and can email you privately to provide the information you seek.

Lastly, I would suggest having some patience. Seems like you were absolutely appalled that no one answered your post after only a day. Sometimes these things take time.

I've posted more than once that I'm looking for pre-1970 H&B game used bats of hall of fame players. I can't say that I've ever received a response.

Should I believe that no one in here has a single pre-1970 H&B bat and that no one is willing to help?

Understand and thanks!

I will say this...so many have ruined this hobby. So many dishonest people. Even some of the autheticators favor some over others depending how much they do business with them. Sad..truly sad!

Tony

bat_master
04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Understand and thanks!

I will say this...so many have ruined this hobby. So many dishonest people. Even some of the autheticators favor some over others depending how much they do business with them. Sad..truly sad!

Tony

I agree. I hate to say it, but whenever we end up with the usual examination of questionable auction items on here I almost want out of the hobby completely...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fed up with it.

Regards,

3arod13
04-18-2007, 12:06 PM
I agree. I hate to say it, but whenever we end up with the usual examination of questionable auction items on here I almost want out of the hobby completely...I'm sure I'm not the only one who is fed up with it.

Regards,

Sad part in this is, I broke my own rule: If it's too good to be true..it is! Also, I should have been more knowledgeable and conducted some research before jumping into it. However, the buy it now was $750 and everything looked so good. I wasn't aware that the upperdeck gloves intentionally put a q instead of a g in rodriguez, to be able to identify it as an upperdeck glove. Even 32 years of collecting, you would think I would have known better.

But on the other hand, if it wasn't for those who do this kind of crap, this hobby would be so much better.

I think it's time to retire from this hobby. I have some nice early arod pieces that I'll hang on too. Other than that, I think I'm done.

3arod13
04-18-2007, 03:36 PM
The glove is being returned and a refund is forthcoming.

I want to thank Dennis Esken and John Taube for helping me with this matter. It's people like them who do their part to ensure our hobby is safe!

Tony

thomecollector
04-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Tony,
Could you send me that link regarding gloves ? I have one that I would like to research. Thanks, Roger
thomecollector@cox.net

3arod13
04-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Tony,
Could you send me that link regarding gloves ? I have one that I would like to research. Thanks, Roger
thomecollector@cox.net

Roger, sorry for the delay. Here is the website:

Vintage Baseball Glove Forum

http://www.vintagebaseballgloveforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

3arod13
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Found this so called game used arod glove in its original form. 1999 Upperdeck glove.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-Autographed-Glove-UDA_W0QQitemZ160111939356QQihZ006QQcategoryZ53QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem

Amazing how far people will go to fake something as game used.

MVP
04-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Where did you buy the glove?

-Henry

3arod13
04-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Where did you buy the glove?

-Henry

Ebay