PDA

View Full Version : Is this rare?

brianborsch
04-16-2007, 10:26 PM
I recall someone saying that Joe Sewell bats are very rare, well I found one that is a replica of course, but it has his signature burnt in and it is auto'd by Joe! My question is, how rare would a bat like this be (especially if it is made to his specs) and how much would it be worth? See pic below.....

Brian B

mjkm90
04-17-2007, 05:51 AM
The value is in the autograph. The bat could be manufactured in any quantity, so without the signature it has little collector value. I'm a bat collector and not a big autograph guy, so can anyone else help with that piece of the puzzle?

nellygrl
05-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I just bought out an entire estate, and there were a bunch of baseball bats. One of them is says LEADER BABE RUTH MODEL. Is it old or new or what?

MGHProductions
05-23-2007, 08:15 PM
The bat is most likely from the 1940's. What were the other bats you purchased?

nellygrl
05-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Probably nothing special. It's very frustrating trying to find out anything. There's a really old dark brown one that we think says "Hanna No. LDX", a Louisville Kentucky (doesn't say "slugger) "Grand Slam Mickey Mantle Model", a Louisville Kentucky Pro (no slugger) "Milwaukee Brewers Tommy Harper" and a very new mint one, "Rawlings Power Forged-11 Mdl. YLX R-44 30" 19 oz."

There might be more bats in the lot, but that's all we brought in to research. Thanks for any input you may have!