• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Utopian2630
    • May 2006

Historic Auctions Won't Allow A Link From GUF

If you click on any of the links from here, it says the following:

** WARNING **

It has been determined, that the site linking to ours may be unscrupulous or may have misleading facts posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us if you have any questions.
  • Eric
    • Jan 1970

Re: Historic Auctions Won't Allow A Link From GUF

It should read "It has been determined that the site linking to ours has pointed out many flaws with supporting evidence in our previous and current auction, which might save people from spending money on an item that is not properly represented. We choose not to address those issues."

Stand up and answer the questions...

This is laughable.
    Eric
    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
      Paid Users
      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by Utopian2630
      If you click on any of the links from here, it says the following:

** WARNING **

It has been determined, that the site linking to ours may be unscrupulous or may have misleading facts posted on it and therefore we have blocked direct linking into our site. We appologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We encourage you to browse our site from the link below or contact us if you have any questions.
      Hello Everyone,

I have actually been able to link the the Historic site via this forum without receiving the message you referenced above. Is anyone still seeing that message?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sincerely,
      Chris Cavalier
      Christopher Cavalier
      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• Eric
        • Jan 1970

I still get the message. Try to click from one of our threads like this

I find this incredibly desperate and downright sad.

They seem to be going to new lengths to avoid dealing with the questions about their items.
        Eric

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
          Paid Users
          • Jan 1970

Originally posted by Eric
          I still get the message. Try to click from one of our threads like this
          This is quite interesting. When I click on the link you have attached, it takes me directly to the Strawberry jersey listing on the Historic Auctions page.

Is anyone else also getting this message?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
          Chris
          Christopher Cavalier
          Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• otismalibu
            • Nov 2005

I'm getting the warning as well.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.
            Greg
            DrJStuff.com

Comment

• reed1216
              • Feb 2007

I'm getting the warning too. I won't be bidding with them anytime soon. Anyone going to those lengths to distance themselves from concerned collectors that act together to protect one another is not worthy of a dime from me.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                • Nov 2005

I have to give them credit that they spent a lot time and energy and maybe money paying a programmer to block out GUF links---but when I gave James Brown a year ago some constructive ideas on how to improve his auction format such as adding on the search function a way to search by description as well as search by title he never implemented that.

The other idea was after you do a search for say "Ripken" and 10 items show up, they don't have a column showing # of bids which would help to scan hot items.

Personally, I like James Brown and wish him luck. I don't understand why they won't answer the tough questions here. By the way, I also won't bid or consign right now.

My big big question though is why there are so many Lampson COAs vs. last auction using Expert Authentication. Anyone know why??????

Andrew
                Regards,
                Andrew Lang
                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                202-716-8500

Comment

• reed1216
                  • Feb 2007

I am relatively new to the forum, but I just read the thread that dealt with the link between turtlegirl and Historic Auctions. All I can say is WOW!!! It is amazing what people will do to make a buck. I am so glad that online forums, such as this one, are available. Thanks guys!

By the way, I emailed Historic Auctions, prior to reading the thread I mentioned above. In the email, I asked if the blocked links were intentional. I think I know the answer now...

Comment

• LWMM
                    • Jul 2006

Test:

Comment

• yankees159
                      • Aug 2005

This question is for James Brown, why would you do such a thing if you have nothing to hide? Can you offer an example of how GUU has misrepresented something on in one of your auctions or your company? If you are a company with high ethical standards ,this website will benefit you. What's more, you will always have an opportunity to address any questions or concerns about your company's integrity or products.

In order for me to continue to bid in your auctions, I'd like to better understand why you have decided to do this?

Comment

• jon_8_us
                        • May 2006

Unbelievable!!!

jon
                        Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• allstarsplus
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by yankees159
                          This question is for James Brown, why would you do such a thing if you have nothing to hide? Can you offer an example of how GUU has misrepresented something on in one of your auctions or your company? If you are a company with high ethical standards ,this website will benefit you. What's more, you will always have an opportunity to address any questions or concerns about your company's integrity or products.

In order for me to continue to bid in your auctions, I'd like to better understand why you have decided to do this?
                          Yankees159 - Why would James do such a thing?

The only reason I would think is that they continually think this Forum is a non-factor on their overall auction results.

Many of us on GUU/GUF are business people and make macro decisions about our businesses that can have a long-term impact. If you are in the game-used business, why wouldn't you join and contribute to this Forum?

I am talking about people like Steve at VA, and Victor at AMI and James at Historic for example.

So long as guys like Eric choose to consign Cone and Brosius jerseys with Vintage Authentics which of course he is entitled to do, and others bid and consign there then we are a non-factor in my opinion as we are not having any significant outcome on their profits. I don't even think VA responded to Eric's auction questionaire.

I chose this past Fall to only consign with Lelands and Huggins & Scott and have much respect for Robert Edwards. This is my personal choices. I have done business with Mastro in the past and didn't like the fact they had Yankees game used jerseys with Lampson COAs and never cared much to respond to my concerns. I consigned and also bid in the past with Historic, but have decided not to bid where Lampson is authenticating.

Call this my own personal boycott. Trust me, when I saw the Redskins jerseys at AMI with Game Exclusives COA's I was really tempted but stuck to my position and didn't bid.

When the Imus flap happened, I don't think his employers would have severed ties with Imus until the advertisers like AMEX and Coca Cola and others started to pull their ad dollars. You hit them big in the pocket---then they will respond. The NAACP is a powerful Forum.

In the meantime, Historic comically blocks links from this site. Pathetic in my opinion.

Andrew
                          Regards,
                          Andrew Lang
                          AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                          202-716-8500

Comment

• jon_8_us
                            • May 2006

I will boycott as well.
                            jon
                            Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• Eric
                              • Jan 1970

I keep trying to go to the Historic Auctions site and I keep getting a message
                              WARNING:
                              Your concerns are being ignored.
                              Does anyone know if there's some kind of software patch to fix this?

Speaking of "going away" let's all remember the details for the Operation Bullpen-type book about the FBI arrests in game used fraud.

Comment

Working...