PDA

View Full Version : EBAY "Yankee/Steiner" SELLERS

larry bourget
01-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Recently i have noticed a lot of Game used/issued Yankees jerseys that are selling by bidding on EBAY, for only in $100 to $300 range,......when these exact jersey's were listed originally with Steiner for Hundreds of Dollars more. Are the EBAY sellers actually selling for a loss because the item was commited to sell. I DON'T GET IT!

Larry

trsent
01-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Recently i have noticed a lot of Game used/issued Yankees jerseys that are selling by bidding on EBAY, for only in $100 to $300 range,......when these exact jersey's were listed originally with Steiner for Hundreds of Dollars more. Are the EBAY sellers actually selling for a loss because the item was commited to sell. I DON'T GET IT!

Larry, look at Grey Flannel's last auction at the final price for many of these similar jerseys that were sold in lots. They didn't sell for much more than you are currently seeing them sell for on eBay. Most of the jerseys I have seen on eBay are for common players from the past fifteen years.

I would assume that realistic market prices sunk in at the last Grey Flannel auction so many of these jerseys are selling for honest market prices. I am upset that I missed the high bid on that number changed Gene Mauch jersey that sold for $500.00 last week. I was playing poker all day and forgot to bid when the auction ended. It had a number change to #7, and based on what I have learned about Yankees jerseys, they probably changed the number for Mantle to wear for an on field ceremony since they didn't care about changing numbers or re-using jerseys for different players than the jerseys were tagged.

suave1477
01-09-2006, 10:51 PM
ALSO STEINER THEMSELVES WILL SOMETIMES HAVE WHOLESALE AUCTIONS ON THERE SITE where you you can get jerseys bats chairs signs and it goes for less then what you would noramlly pay for. Please remember youll get more people trying to buy 1 item then you will get them trying to buy 20. So if you get less people trying to but 20 bats, its not going to sell for a lot. So these people then take those bats that they want and sell the rest on ebay. I AM PISSED OFF TOO I WAS AT WORK AND I GOT CALLED INTO A MEETING WHEN I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BID ON THE LOT I WANTED DAM DAM DAM AND IT SOLD FOR NEXT TO NOTHING