PDA

View Full Version : Gary Sheffield photomatch bat?

jon_8_us
04-19-2007, 06:55 PM
This Sheffield 05 Rawlings is the first purchase i have made from Elite and i have to say i'm pretty suprised as this bat shows great use and i think i may have found a photomatch.The pictures here show Gary playing against the Red Sox on October 1st 2005.A lot of you guys are better at this stuff then i am so opinions are appreciated.Also if anyone else can come up with photo's of this game or series where Sheffields at bat that would also be much appreciated.
jon

suave1477
04-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Jon it looks pretty close but I can't say its an exact photo match.

Looking by the possible ball marks could be possible but in the getty picture you can't make an exact distinction.
Also the bottom of the knob is showing more on the getty picture then on your picture.

jon_8_us
04-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Jon it looks pretty close but I can't say its an exact photo match.

Looking by the possible ball marks could be possible but in the getty picture you can't make an exact distinction.
Also the bottom of the knob is showing more on the getty picture then on your picture.

Actually the knob pic is a bit decieving cause when i hold it here the knob actually shows through more than it looks.Would love to get more opinions and pics if possible.
jon

kingjammy24
04-22-2007, 05:24 PM
i think it's probably a match. the ballmark is unique is that it has a "wedge" on one side. see?

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/6391/mannybv1.jpg

rudy.

jon_8_us
04-24-2007, 09:46 AM
Rudy well done!!I knew someone out there had the capability to better compare those pictures.Pretty exciting seeing as i believe that he hit a grand slam against the Sox during that at bat!
jon

jon_8_us
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
Rudy well done!!I knew someone out there had the capability to better compare those pictures.Pretty exciting seeing as i believe that he hit a grand slam against the Sox during that at bat!
jon

Make that a two run homer.It says it in the description under the picture on Corbis.com.
jon

sylbry
04-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Pretty exciting seeing as i believe that he hit a grand slam against the Sox during that at bat!
jon

As a Sox fan shouldn't you have a deep desire to burn the bat? Afterall he is/was a Yankee hitting a home run against the Red Sox.:D

jon_8_us
04-24-2007, 12:59 PM
As a Sox fan shouldn't you have a deep desire to burn the bat? Afterall he is/was a Yankee hitting a home run against the Red Sox.:D

HAHA.I knew it was only a matter of time before someone called me out on that.To be honest although i am a Red Sox lifer i have always been a huge fan of Gary Sheffield going back to his Brewers days.To own a bat that he hit a homerun with(against the Sox or not)is a big deal for me.I'm confident in my place in Red Sox nation as i paid 350$ for two bleacher seats to see that Matsuzaka, 4 hr in a row win over the Yanks Sunday night.
jon

big10champ
04-24-2007, 10:50 PM
Thats a great looking bat of the future member of the 500 homerun club. Nice Pick-up.

kellsox
04-25-2007, 10:15 AM
If you're throwing around big $ for Sox tix, drop me an email. I have access to tickets for most games. Cant get them to you for face but it won't be $350 for a pair either.
Kelly

kelsport@hotmail.com