PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought......

JETEFAN
04-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know of any other players other than A-Rod who sells their game used equipment through sources other than Steiner? If so, doesn't the theory that Steiner is the "exclusive Yankees provider" go out the window? Is A-Rod the an or the only exception to the rule? With everyone wanting Yankees products only with Steiner certs, what about those items sold through other sources as in A-Rods case? Any thoughts?

Thanks
George

Yankwood
04-20-2007, 04:28 PM
I see Cano bats from many sources and he has his own hologram and not Steiner's. In past years, Sheffield had the same situation.

JETEFAN
04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know of any other players other than A-Rod who sells their game used equipment through sources other than Steiner? If so, doesn't the theory that Steiner is the "exclusive Yankees provider" go out the window? Is A-Rod the an or the only exception to the rule? With everyone wanting Yankees products only with Steiner certs, what about those items sold through other sources as in A-Rods case? Any thoughts?

Thanks
George

If anyone from Steiner can chime in that would be great, are there any Yankees players permitted to sell their game used equipment through outlets other than Steiner, it would be helpful to know!

JETEFAN
04-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I see Cano bats from many sources and he has his own hologram and not Steiner's. In past years, Sheffield had the same situation.

Hi Terry,

What does that do to being " the exclusive Yankees game used provider" Steiner claim?
George

kingjammy24
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
hiya george,

the yankees-steiner agreement was between steiner and the yankees, not between steiner and individual players. the yankees purchase (and therefore own) the uniforms - jerseys, pants, belts, hats, warmups. players, on the other hand, own their bats, cleats, batting gloves and as such are able to do whatever they like with them.

players can market their own bats and cleats without infringing on the yankees-steiner contract. this is why you'll see companies like ESM marketing certain Yankees' bats and cleats and sweatbands. jerseys are a different story.

rudy.

JETEFAN
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM
hiya george,

the yankees-steiner agreement was between steiner and the yankees, not between steiner and individual players. the yankees purchase (and therefore own) the uniforms - jerseys, pants, belts, hats, warmups. players, on the other hand, own their bats, cleats, batting gloves and as such are able to do whatever they like with them.

players can market their own bats and cleats without infringing on the yankees-steiner contract. this is why you'll see companies like ESM marketing certain Yankees' bats and cleats and sweatbands. jerseys are a different story.

rudy.

Thanks Rudy, It helps to know!!! I thought since Steiner has put out and continues to put out tons of items including bats, that had been locked up for years, that the Yankees owned them.

George

kingjammy24
04-20-2007, 06:07 PM
as i understand it, from 2005-present, all jerseys and pants go to steiner.

conversely, players are free to market their bats and cleats to whomever they like, including steiner. steiner has exclusivity on yankee-owned uniforms, not on player-owned bats or cleats. however, this exclusivity doesn't negate the players from choosing steiner to also market their bats and cleats.

for items prior to 2005, steiner acquired whatever was already on-hand in the yankees possession. this likely included bats that were left behind over the past 20 yrs. if, for example, they found some matt nokes bats, although they technically belong to nokes it's unlikely they'd track him down to "take back his stuff".

bob malandro can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty certain that's how it works.

rudy.

JETEFAN
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
as i understand it, from 2005-present, all jerseys and pants go to steiner.

conversely, players are free to market their bats and cleats to whomever they like, including steiner. steiner has exclusivity on yankee-owned uniforms, not on player-owned bats or cleats. however, this exclusivity doesn't negate the players from choosing steiner to also market their bats and cleats.

for items prior to 2005, steiner acquired whatever was already on-hand in the yankees possession. this likely included bats that were left behind over the past 20 yrs. if, for example, they found some matt nokes bats, although they technically belong to nokes it's unlikely they'd track him down to "take back his stuff".

bob malandro can correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty certain that's how it works.

rudy.

Makes sense, thanks Rudy!