PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel Chargers Jerseys

mvandor
04-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Would be interested in opinions from those more expert than I as to authenticity of any of the Chargers jerseys (like Eric, I'm a Charger fan, I live in SD). I have an extensive colection of more run of the mill NFL memorabilia, but want to add one game worn Chargers jersey to my collection I can feel confident in as being legit.

Your comments are sincerely appreciated.

Eric
04-21-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey man

Email me at ecky3@aol.com
I'd love to talk to you about this stuff. Maybe I can help you with your quest for a Chargers jersey.
Eric

mvandor
04-21-2007, 10:33 AM
After bringing various obvious errors to GF's attention following a basic photo comparison of several of the Chargers jerseys, and having done so succinctly but politely, I get the following email from the President of what must be a small company:

"We have fixed our error. You are not even a customer of ours and you are rude and obnoxious.There are nice ways of being human. Get some manners please if contact us in the future.If not please dont have someone else do it. - Richard Russek"

While I have not yet registered with them, I had anticipated doing so for this auction. Now I'm put off by both their sloppiness in making any minimal effort to authenticate their items AND their unnecessarily rude customer service.

Is this representative of Grey Flannel?

Nathan
04-21-2007, 05:29 PM
After bringing various obvious errors to GF's attention following a basic photo comparison of several of the Chargers jerseys, and having done so succinctly but politely, I get the following email from the President of what must be a small company:

"We have fixed our error. You are not even a customer of ours and you are rude and obnoxious.There are nice ways of being human. Get some manners please if contact us in the future.If not please dont have someone else do it. - Richard Russek"

While I have not yet registered with them, I had anticipated doing so for this auction. Now I'm put off by both their sloppiness in making any minimal effort to authenticate their items AND their unnecessarily rude customer service.

Is this representative of Grey Flannel?

Try asking a basic question of "Where did you acquire this from?" in person. The two answers I got were "Huh huh, the magical stork brought it" and "I gave out bottles of Coke to every player I saw and got a bunch of jerseys". It's like trying to converse with your average frat rat.

skyliner59
04-21-2007, 09:06 PM
Stay clear of anything grey flannel is selling. I purchased 3 lots from them last auction and all were misrepresented. Game used bat in description when one wasn't. Six dozen balls that were supposed to all have the same inscription. Unfortunately, about a dozen were completely different. I was compensated for the errors but at a later date contacted the president Russek to propose a trade and was told;

Get Lost lose my number and email

There are plenty of other auction houses. Stay clear of this group.

JackHE
04-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Over the last couple years I have heard too many questionable jersey stories so I just have stayed away. Clearly their reputation isn't what it once was.

J