PDA

View Full Version : "This is not my jersey" inscription

kingjammy24
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
the opposite of a "game used" inscription.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140111533382

rudy.

mvandor
04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Kudos to Ryan, wise old bird ain't no dummy!:p

34swtns
04-26-2007, 05:58 AM
The inscription clearly says "This was not my jersey NR".

That's funny. Bet the guy who brought it to him to sign and therefore "authenticate" was PISSED. :p

Utopian2630
04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Thats AWESOME!!

I had the opposite situation happen to me when I was 12 years old at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland. A couple years prior, I bought a professional model Indians batting helmet with a number 8 sticker on it at the national in St. Louis, just a novelty. A couple years later, I brought the helmet with me to an Indians game to have Belle sign it in the parking lot. He flipped out and accused me of stealing his batting helmet and started cursing me out. He tried the helmet on and everything while still maintaining it was is. I explained that I bought it at a card show and it was just a novelty helmet to which he responded " Ain't no g..d... card show selling no g.. d..helmets" Surprisingly, after the whole ordeal he ended up signing it.

Jags Fan Dan
04-26-2007, 12:52 PM
What a nut Belle is/was!:eek:

mvandor
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
What a nut Belle is/was!:eek: A bad reputation well earned and well deserved!

both-teams-played-hard
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
I had the opposite situation happen to me when I was 12 years old at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland. A couple years prior, I bought a professional model Indians batting helmet with a number 8 sticker on it at the national in St. Louis, just a novelty. A couple years later, I brought the helmet with me to an Indians game to have Belle sign it in the parking lot. He flipped out and accused me of stealing his batting helmet and started cursing me out. He tried the helmet on and everything while still maintaining it was is. I explained that I bought it at a card show and it was just a novelty helmet to which he responded " Ain't no g..d... card show selling no g.. d..helmets" Surprisingly, after the whole ordeal he ended up signing it.
Great Story!

The Ryan autographed jersey is a true example of "outsider" art. Does anyone know what a real Ryan Rangers Goodman should look like? What is the dead give-away that it is wrong? How would Ryan know in less than a minute? What are the circumstances when the signature was obtained? Was Ryan attempting "sabatoge" ? Did Ryan have it out for this particular autograph seeker. Or was he simply looking out for the collecting public? Doesn't it seem like Ryan was asked to sign, "game used"? Instead, he tried to stick it to an obnoxious collector? I'm not joking, I'd love to know the answers. I'd like to get a replica of a common player or semi-star and ask them to sign this way! There must be a great story behind the Ryan shirt...