PDA

View Full Version : Lou Lampson in American Memorabilia

kylehess10
04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
If you take a look at the most recent issue of American Memorabilia Magazine and look at page 23, it has a description for each team member for "100% authentic". Here is what it says for Lou Lampson:

"Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as the formost authority and analyst in the field. He has authenticated for the National Sports Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, The College Football HOF, Texas Sports HOF, Upper Deck Authenticated and the hobby's major auction houses. Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting, authenticating and appraising game used uniforms and related equipment. He owns an extensive game used collection covering all four major sports, including numerous, unique, "Perfect 10" representations and has an astonishing 8,000 plus uniform-related photos in his reference library."

Now I have a few questions about this:

Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as the formost authority and analyst in the field

Who exactly determined this?

Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting

If he has over THIRTY YEARS experience, then why does he keep screwing up? I've been collecting for a year and a half and I can even do a better job than he does

He owns an extensive game used collection covering all four major sports

Do ya think that every single piece he owns includes his own LOA?

Eric
04-26-2007, 05:34 PM
"Lou Lampson is considered by collectors, ex-athletes, and equipment managers, alike as the formost authority and analyst in the field. He has authenticated for the National Sports Gallery, Smithsonian Institution, The College Football HOF, Texas Sports HOF, Upper Deck Authenticated and the hobby's major auction houses. Lou has over thirty years' experience in collecting, authenticating and appraising game used uniforms and related equipment. He owns an extensive game used collection covering all four major sports, including numerous, unique, "Perfect 10" representations and has an astonishing 8,000 plus uniform-related photos in his reference library."

Now I have a few questions about this:

Who exactly determined this?

If you repeat something enough, it becomes regarded as a fact.

ryan4fregosi
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM
"The formost (sic) authority."

Beautiful. He can't even find the errors in his own BIO.