PDA

View Full Version : eBay's New feedback policy - what a joke.

cohibasmoker
01-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Well, it looks like eBay’s new feedback policy is the same as their old feedback policy. Inadequate and unfair. Here’s what happened to me. I sold an item. The buyer NEVER responded to either my email or Invoice requests for payment. I then filed a “non-paying complaint with eBay. The buyer DID respond in that forum by stating, “payment sent”. That’s it. I waited and waited, no payment. And, I never heard from the buyer. So, I closed the case and received a final value fee. Since I got my listing fees back, I was content to let the incident pass and I did not leave feedback against the buyer. Two Months to the day from the end of the auction, the buyer leaves me negative feedback. I then turned to eBay for help. That was a waste of time. It seems that and according to eBay, since the buyer “participated” in the forum, eBay would not cancel the negative feedback the buyer left against me. eBay’s idea of “participated” was two words, “payment sent”. They did not care that payment was not ever sent. They did not care that I never heard from the buyer. Nice. In closing, don’t expect help from eBay. They do not care. And once again, the bad guys won. Thanx eBay.

bigtime59
01-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Well, it looks like eBay’s new feedback policy is the same as their old feedback policy. Inadequate and unfair. Here’s what happened to me. I sold an item. The buyer NEVER responded to either my email or Invoice requests for payment. I then filed a “non-paying complaint with eBay. The buyer DID respond in that forum by stating, “payment sent”. That’s it. I waited and waited, no payment. And, I never heard from the buyer. So, I closed the case and received a final value fee. Since I got my listing fees back, I was content to let the incident pass and I did not leave feedback against the buyer. Two Months to the day from the end of the auction, the buyer leaves me negative feedback. I then turned to eBay for help. That was a waste of time. It seems that and according to eBay, since the buyer “participated” in the forum, eBay would not cancel the negative feedback the buyer left against me. eBay’s idea of “participated” was two words, “payment sent”. They did not care that payment was not ever sent. They did not care that I never heard from the buyer. Nice. In closing, don’t expect help from eBay. They do not care. And once again, the bad guys won. Thanx eBay.

Cohibasmoker:
Always, always, always leave negative feedback when the outcome of the transaction makes it appropriate, and respond to the negatives you get in retaliation. I don't have many negs, and don't leave many, but when it's warranted, I leave 'em, and don't feel bad about it at all. If the people on eBay weren't such wimps about it, the feedback system would work much better.
I recently had a problem with bargianlandliquidation on a broken piece of audio equipment. They were going to try to jam me up, until they realized that I wasn't going to take their crap (probably about the time my chargeback landed on their doorstep). You can bet I left negative feedback for them, and responded to that which they left me. Some research after the fact revealed that they get bucketloads of plus and neutral feeds on transactions they should have received negatives for.
Some transactions are going to go bad, and there's nothing you can do about it. But when they do, please, for all of us...leave that negative!

Swoboda4
01-09-2006, 08:12 PM
What was the bidders feedback rating?