PDA

View Full Version : Manager's signature on line-up cards.......

kylehess10
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
Would anybody happen to know why a lot of game used line-up cards don't have the manager's signature on the bottom? Aren't they required to sign them before the game starts?

ironmanfan
04-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Kyle:

Are you referring the ones that hang in each respective dugout or the ones that the manager fills out and gives to the plate umpire (and opposing manager) before the game?

The large ones that hang in the dugout are not signed while the smaller ones usually are (all the ones I have are).

kylehess10
04-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Kyle:

Are you referring the ones that hang in each respective dugout or the ones that the manager fills out and gives to the plate umpire (and opposing manager) before the game?

The large ones that hang in the dugout are not signed while the smaller ones usually are (all the ones I have are).

I was referring to the larger ones in the dugout. I've seen some of them signed and some of them without a signature

thomecollector
04-29-2007, 06:01 PM
Kyle,
I have a few of them. The ones signed usually are the ones that MLB puts holo's on, and puts up for auction. The unsigned aren't usually meant to get out.

kylehess10
04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
Kyle,
I have a few of them. The ones signed usually are the ones that MLB puts holo's on, and puts up for auction. The unsigned aren't usually meant to get out.

Well I have one right now that is both MLB authenticated AND unsigned. Plus if you look on eBay, there were a few Rockies line-up cards (not sure if they ended yet) that were also unsigned and had the MLB hologram

pietraynor
04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I have purchased several in the past from the Indians, both signed & unsigned as well as w/ & w/o hologram..One nice pickup was the lineup card from Grady Sizemore's MLB debut, I was able to have him sign it "1st M.L. Game" at a Tri-Star Show in Cleveland a few years back. Jay.

thomecollector
04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Jay,
I have the one from Thome's 300th Homer in Minnesota. It is signed by Gardienhire, and has the Mlb holo. Did you frame the Sizemore ? Roger

ironmanfan
04-29-2007, 07:25 PM
The large Dugout ones are mean't to be signed and if in fact they happened to be signed by the manager, consider it a bonus.