05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Photomatched Joe Montana 49ers in Lelands current auction:

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=704&lot=284

lund6771
05-02-2007, 06:02 PM
and.....?

mvandor
05-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Can't say I see a match in the photo they give, no stains or anything distinct to match to - unless I'm missing something.

kylehess10
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Can't say I see a match in the photo they give, no stains or anything distinct to match to - unless I'm missing something.

A lot of auction houses state that a jersey is "photomatched" when really they have all their game used terms mixed up and what they really mean is that it's a STYLE-match.

8049ers
05-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Hi guys,

The Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers jersey that we are offering in our catalog auction is one of the finest Montana jerseys known in the hobby. It is PERFECTLY photo-matched to multiple points and characteristics:

1. The mark in the top right corner of the white are on the front #6.

2. The markings along the stitching on the right side of the 45-degree angle cut-out on the white portion of the #6 on the front of the jersey.

3. A vertical crease mark on the lower right hand portion of the front #6.

4. Another mark at the lower right hand of the inside cut-out of the front #6.

5. Two loose threads at the botton of the #6 - one on the bottom left hand corner of the cut-out and one on the bottom right-hand corner of the outside of the number.

6. The sleeves striping covers up the mesh holes which match the jersey perfectly on the left sleeve.

These characteristics have been circled in blue in the auction photos on our website.

Finally, the Joe Montana jersey comes with a detailed Letter of Authenticity from MeiGray.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this fantastic piece.

Happy Collecting!

Casey Samuelson
Hockey Consultant - Lelands.com
E-mail: CaseySamuelson@lelands.com

BarryMeisel
05-03-2007, 05:10 AM
Hi everybody,

I can confirm that the Montana jersey up for bid is conclusively photo-matched, as Casey described. It is an awesome Montana, one of two we have photo-matched through our authentication procedures.

Regards,

Barry

kylehess10
05-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Hi guys,

The Joe Montana San Francisco 49ers jersey that we are offering in our catalog auction is one of the finest Montana jerseys known in the hobby. It is PERFECTLY photo-matched to multiple points and characteristics:

1. The mark in the top right corner of the white are on the front #6.

2. The markings along the stitching on the right side of the 45-degree angle cut-out on the white portion of the #6 on the front of the jersey.

3. A vertical crease mark on the lower right hand portion of the front #6.

4. Another mark at the lower right hand of the inside cut-out of the front #6.

5. Two loose threads at the botton of the #6 - one on the bottom left hand corner of the cut-out and one on the bottom right-hand corner of the outside of the number.

6. The sleeves striping covers up the mesh holes which match the jersey perfectly on the left sleeve.

These characteristics have been circled in blue in the auction photos on our website.

Finally, the Joe Montana jersey comes with a detailed Letter of Authenticity from MeiGray.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this fantastic piece.

Happy Collecting!

Casey Samuelson
Hockey Consultant - Lelands.com
E-mail: CaseySamuelson@lelands.com

ohhhhh I see now. I wasn't even looking at the other picture with the matched up areas.

mvandor
05-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Clarification appreciated, wonderful piece that should easily exceed my budget! :(