PDA

View Full Version : La Danian TOMLINSON Game Used Helmet -- Seeking Qualified Opinions

SDSports
05-04-2007, 12:23 PM
I am seeking qualified opinions regarding the probable authenticity of an early career La Danian Tomlinson standard blue San Diego Chargers helmet I have in my collection. I will look forward to sharing information regarding the helmet itslef, the source of the helmet, and detailed photos of the entire helmet with any member who believes they may be able to offer a qualified opinion regarding the likelihood the helmet is either authenic or not.

I am not interested in communicating with collectors who are simply curious about the helmet, only those who have a solid foundation of expertise/experience in this area of the hobby.

I can be contacted at tracylielani@hotmail.com . I will sincerely appreciate any assistance qualified Forum members may be able to offer me in this matter. :confused:

Thank You

Eric
05-04-2007, 01:00 PM
I sent you an email. I don't consider myself an expert, since there's always more to learn, but perhaps I can help.

Eric

mvandor
05-05-2007, 08:16 AM
You're being rather close to the vest aren't you? Post pics and you'll get opinions.

I own an LT throwback game issue from 2005 and have spent a fair amount of time photo comparing to ensure as best I can its authenticity. If you post pics I would be happy to look and give you my opinion, however additional facts would be helpful as well such as where you obtained it, what year it supposedly was from, is there any writing inside the helmet (under pads).

Eric
05-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Is this the Tomlinson throwback helmet that you bought from ebay user lambeauleeper? I just had an interesting email conversation with him.
Eric

mvandor
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Is this the Tomlinson throwback helmet that you bought from ebay user lambeauleeper? I just had an interesting email conversation with him.
Eric
Answered via personal email exchange.

Eric
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM
I will be addressing this topic in another thread regarding an ebay seller and his use of the term "game issued"
Eric

CollectGU
05-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Let me guess - "issued by Helmet _ _ _ the same as it would be issued to the player with all the same specs...."

Am I close?

Regards,

Dave

Eric
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I posted it in another thread.