PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman shoes

tigerhidden
05-08-2007, 11:21 PM
What is wrong with people?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pat-Tillman-Game-Used-Worn-Autographed-Cleats-Shoes_W0QQitemZ280113099650QQihZ018QQcategoryZ5011 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jags Fan Dan
05-09-2007, 07:04 AM
"I am not expecting $3 million for them, but it would be nice"????:confused:
And since he doesn't expect $3 million for them, that is the opening bid and buy it now?:confused:

3arod13
05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
What is wrong with people?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pat-Tillman-Game-Used-Worn-Autographed-Cleats-Shoes_W0QQitemZ280113099650QQihZ018QQcategoryZ5011 9QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There have been a few threads about this issue. My problem with this always has been that people try to cash in on players death.

Example is this auction. When Tillman was alive, this seller wasn't looking to sell these cleats. If Tillman was still alive, would this seller be trying to put a price like this on these cleats. NO! The price is solely based on the seller trying to cash in on Tillman's death.

Right or wrong, I don't care much for this.

Tony

Eric
05-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Good news everyone!

The seller has come to his senses and lowered the price to 1 million dollars.

bubbrubb25
05-12-2007, 10:52 PM
Give it a day they'll go down to 500,000 lol.

dwolfe12345
05-14-2007, 04:19 PM
That guy is an idiot!!! There is no telling how much just the listing fees are for a 3,000,000 item. Not to mention he will never sell them for even 10,000. It makes me sick to know that before Tillman's death you could of purchased the shoes for probably 100, and now everyone is trying to make a killing off of his death.

whatupyos
05-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm an ASU alumni and I'd have like to add these to my memorabillia collection. I respect Pat for having the courage he did to walk away from millions to fight for our good ol' USA!! However, due to his untimely death, I don't know if I could purchase these. They should be given to his family for them to keep or display at his foundation.

Aaron

3arod13
05-15-2007, 03:34 AM
I'm an ASU alumni and I'd have like to add these to my memorabillia collection. I respect Pat for having the courage he did to walk away from millions to fight for our good ol' USA!! However, due to his untimely death, I don't know if I could purchase these. They should be given to his family for them to keep or display at his foundation.

Aaron

Well said! However, we live if a me-me society, where everything is about the all-might dollar.

That would be a nice gesture!

Tony

David
05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
If someone wants to purchase them and donate them to a museum that is fine. However, I find it hard to differentiate between the sale of Tillman items and items belonging to George Custer, Edward H. White, Emilia Earhart, Glenn Miller or Roberto Clemente, all who died in the line of duty.

I remember when Leland's caught heat for the sale from the sale of Clemente airplane parts, yet no one I am aware of said anything about the sale of items from the Titanic, or the sale of the watch Knute Rockne wore when he died in a plane crash. I've never heard anyone object to the sale of Clemente's Pirates shoes.

I find collector inconsistency in how people morally decide whose items can be sold and whose can't.

But, again, if someone wishes to donate Tillman's shoes to a museum, that is fine by my opinion.