PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Twins 1981-1986 light blue pullover expert needed !!!!!

mchmaj
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
i just got roger erickson twins #19 powder blue jersey size 44 by wilson with tag label on lower rigth tail,"81-1"
the jersey got twins, #19 on front n back and cities handshake patch sewn on. the wilson tag is inside the collar with black marker written on the tag "34" however the name was removed on the back as i checked gettys on name on back and they worn single red color letters long and thin on the back of the jerseys.
any help wuld be great and post some pictures if possible
PS. of course no coa/loa with the jersey, they are worthless these day !!
marcus

sylbry
05-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Everything sounds right to me. Roger Erickson did wear #19 in 1981. Is there evidence of a number change? Many Twins pullovers were sent down to the minors. That would explain why the name on back was removed.

Here is a picture of my 1985 (thanks Tim Byington). You will notice the nameplate on the back but in 1981 the player names were sewn directly onto the jersey. In fact, the nameplate was really the only change in Twins jerseys from 1973 to 1985. In 1986 they had the 25 year patch on the sleeve and the current style jersey made its debut in 1987.

Bryan

mchmaj
05-09-2007, 08:39 PM
yeah i noticed that the name on the back was sewn directly, but it was removed as i wish it is still there !
possible the twins recycle the jerseys beacuse ur got nameplate means other letters was there before ??
the reason i posted expert needed because i noticed my twins #19 got small size numbers on the back BUT now after i saw urs seem its not restored or anything, now i am happy !!!
same year n set as urs !
is roger erickson any worth if i sell it ?? even with no name on back .....unless u know someone that can do letters restored on the same size and font ?
let me know

sylbry
05-09-2007, 09:02 PM
The Twins have had their jersey alterations done by Steichen's in Little Canada, MN (St Paul suburb.) I have heard they can restore a jersey but have never had them do it myself. Other people on this board may have more to say. However I would imagine the cost of the jersey plus restoration would cost more than the jersey is worth.

In the past two weeks a powder blue Twins jersey with the NOB removed sold for $75 on ebay. Hope this helps.

Bryan

mchmaj
05-10-2007, 02:48 PM
The Twins have had their jersey alterations done by Steichen's in Little Canada, MN (St Paul suburb.) I have heard they can restore a jersey but have never had them do it myself. Other people on this board may have more to say. However I would imagine the cost of the jersey plus restoration would cost more than the jersey is worth.

In the past two weeks a powder blue Twins jersey with the NOB removed sold for $75 on ebay. Hope this helps.

Bryan
yeah i checked the item it sold for $75 u are right however it didnt come with handshake patch, and no one worm #27 in 1975 so with handshake patch it shuld lift the value itself
and the numbers itself is wearing out as discoloring from sun ? is it possible its changed for the minors even the handshake patch attached??

sylbry
05-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Not the first time I have seen the sleeve patch removed on a jersey sent to the minors. The one that just sold may not have had as much eye appeal but it was worn by Larry Hisle, a 14 year vet. And that counts for something.