PDA

View Full Version : beware of mlb authentication

docglov
05-09-2007, 08:01 PM
while nosing around I saw a mlb authentcated autographed pro6HF signed by Cal Ripken. The glove was a clear fake. 1992/93 game used was written on the web above his autograph. When I emailed them they said they only authentcated his signture but it read like the glove was the real thing. what a joke. I don't do any shopping or selling but I do know Rawlings gloves and their years as I have dealt with them and the players a long time and I don't have to tell you your being L.O.A ed to death. no answers required as I have never been on here before and who knows when I will come back

docglov
05-09-2007, 08:04 PM
while nosing around I saw a mlb authentcated autographed pro6HF signed by Cal Ripken. The glove was a clear fake. 1992/93 game used was written on the web above his autograph. When I emailed them they said they only authentcated his signture but it read like the glove was the real thing. what a joke. I don't do any shopping or selling but I do know Rawlings gloves and their years as I have dealt with them and the players a long time and I don't have to tell you your being L.O.A ed to death. no answers required as I have never been on here before and who knows when I will come back]

suave1477
05-09-2007, 08:08 PM
What are you talking about what glove?
I think your making a mistake as MLB didn't authenticate Game Used items whe Ripken was playing unless possibly a charity or something of that nature.

Where did you see this glove?

mr.miracle
05-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I believe that MLB started authenticating in 2001 Cal's final year. I have a game used base authenticated by MLB two actually used during the final set of games in Sept/Oct during Cal's last season. Other than that, I have never seen anything else authenticated by MLB passing it off as game used from Cal.

MLB did authenticate other items that were signed by Cal such as the framed passing of the torch photo auto'ed by Cal and Derek Jeter that was signed in I believe 2003 by both at a private signing but the MLB authentication website indicates that as well when you go to their site.

If anybody actually checks the hologram number against the website, it should indicate what is actually authenticated and when it was done.

I am not sure what the person is refering to exactly because nothing from 1992-94 etc. would be authenticated as game used since MLB authentication was not in existence back then, perhaps this person can elaborate.

mr.miracle
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
while nosing around I saw a mlb authentcated autographed pro6HF signed by Cal Ripken. The glove was a clear fake. 1992/93 game used was written on the web above his autograph. When I emailed them they said they only authentcated his signture but it read like the glove was the real thing. what a joke. I don't do any shopping or selling but I do know Rawlings gloves and their years as I have dealt with them and the players a long time and I don't have to tell you your being L.O.A ed to death. no answers required as I have never been on here before and who knows when I will come back]

FYI, Cal does not write Game Used on anything that he signs. That comes directly from Ironclad Authenticated. The only thing I have ever seen signed Game Used is a baseball currently displayed on the upcoming June Morhphy's auction site that is being held in conjunction with Ironclad that features a game used baseball from Cal's 3000th hit game in April of 2000 that comes from Cal's very own collection. Other than that, I have never seen anything that Cal signed game used so that would set off alarm bells right away. Where is this glove???