PDA

View Full Version : Zane Burns-props.

33bird
05-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I've bought numerous 1976 game used Reds bats from Zane in the last year. And though Zane won't budge much on his prices, all his bats he sells are great. They always match factory records, and are AS advertised. Zane knows the the game used bat business. I heard a complaint on here once that some of his bats he sells are hardly used. BUT, if he says "basically from that rack"-that means just that-it might have hung on the rack but probably wasn't used. Another thing about Zane, is that he gets nice, rare, vintage big name bats. Most dealers have the same old common names to sell, but Zane finds and sells some unique bats. It's nice to have dealers like Zane and Ball Park Heroes who can be trusted to sell legitimate game used items without all the worries of BAD stuff in the hobby.
Greg

allstarsplus
05-12-2007, 10:00 AM
They always match factory records I don't know Zane, but always is a strong endorsement. I sure remember all the Pujols Mizuno bats with "light use" that showed up several years ago from Zane on eBay. He never answered my emails after I questioned the provenance. I am sure Birdbats or Rob can share their thoughts.

This old thread gives some other insight.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/thread/1109865054/

Andrew

JETEFAN
05-12-2007, 11:07 AM
I have been dealing with Zane for years, you get exactly what is advertised, if it is a rack he tells you so. Zane also stands behind everything he sells and will always work out any problems you may have. As always as with Zane or anyone else, do your homework!

George

metsbats
05-12-2007, 01:23 PM
I ve dealt with Zane Burns and he's alway been honest and accomodating. While folks can complain that a lot of his bats are "from the rack" with "no use" it's a tribute to him that he stands by what they are and sells them as what they are. We've all see and identified the folks who take unused bats and turn them into used bats.

I've picked up some nice vintage HB bats from Zane which I still have in my collection such as a 76 HB Bicent. Gary Carter with tones of use and one of 2 34 inches 1972 Gary Carter rookie bats ordered.

David

33bird
05-12-2007, 05:16 PM
I meant ALWAYS for me, so far. I can't speak for everybody else.
Greg

Vintagedeputy
05-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I won a bat from him on ebay only to find out that it was previously sold and apparently listed in error. He did refund my money and offered me free shipping if I found another that I liked.

Man I really wanted that bat though.

Rboitano
05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
He has a lot of nice bats, I just wished he took Paypal.