PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances of a high grade from an authenticator?

brianborsch
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
I have a 2006 GU GCL Adrian Cardenas auto jersey with pictures of him signing it as game used and a pic of him with it after it is signed. I have pics of him playing in the same jersey.

I also have a bat of his, signed from this season. It has his name stamped in the bat, shows tons of use and is auto'd by Adrian as well.

I want to send them in to an authenticator, but I only want to do so if I have a great chance of getting a high grade. What are the experts thoughts on my chances? I know nothing is a sure thing, but there must be some general ideas on where it may land.

gatorcollector
05-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Just curious - with all that you already have, why would you want to get it authenticated?

brianborsch
05-13-2007, 08:19 PM
I would want to get it authenticated just to finalize it, so that there will practically be no question. I just want an expert to look at it and grade it as such.

I am not an expert. I used my common sense, but some people need it looked at and approved by an expert.

suave1477
05-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Brian I was just thinking the exact same thing as Gator.

I understand what your saying you want to finalize it but with all the evidence you have I can already tell it's pretty much game used items from that player with out a LOA.

Now the next thing is it really worth it?
Your talking about a Minor League Prospect Jersey with what the authenticators might charge you, is it worth having the Jersey authenticated?
I know he is a Prospect for the Phillies but hes not even close to there Top Prospect according to Baseball America he is not even in the Top 100.

Make sure its something you really want to do!!!

brianborsch
05-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I guess thats something I should look into as I am not sure how much it costs to authenticate something. Maybe I should just wait and if he turns out to be a star then It would be worth it to authenticate it. I will check the prices to see if it is something I want to do now or wait on. Thanks for the input. This is why I posted. Some jerkwad sent me a nasty email about me posting about my jersey again. I posted like twice about it, this was about authenticating things and he gets pissed. Talk about screwed in the head.....obviously that forum member is jealous as I have seen more ridiculous posts, like all the Lampson posts. How many of those do we need to see to understand he is a fake.

Brian B