PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help on Grey Flannel/Twins jerseys.

flightposite
05-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Auction ends tomorrow so if anyone can help it'd be appreciated. You can find the lots in the AL jersey section at greyflannel.com. I am looking all of the Twins jerseys, so if anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

sylbry
05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
The tagging looks correct on the Roseboro as compared with other 1969 Twins. Roseboro did wear 13 and the Twins are known for sending jerseys to the minors after the season is over, thus the number change. I would like to know if there is an outline from the 100 year patch that should have been sewn on the left sleeve.

Since you are looking at the other Twins jerseys here are my thoughts.

Molitor - Team spare tagging. Dozens of Molitor's with team spare tagging have been sold in the past couple of years. Avoid like the plague.

Morneau - Team spare tagging. Shows no wear. This same jersey or another identical to it was sold in the April 12th, 2007 Vintage Authentics auction.

Santana - Team spare tagging. This same jersey or another identical to it was sold in the March 8, 2007 Vintage Authentics auction.

Hrbek - The tagging is correct and the description says it has had no alterations. However Hrbek is listed on his 1983 baseball card as 6'4" 215 pounds. This jersey is a size 46. It would be a tight fit to say the least. It could be a Hrbek but keep in mind the Twins minor league teams wore identical jerseys.

Bryan