PDA

View Full Version : 1977 George Brett GU jersey on E-Bay

kcrhino
05-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Can anybody help with this one? Thanks!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180118517636&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

XPFO
05-17-2007, 10:04 AM
One strange thing for sure is that it says three are available!!

hblakewolf
05-17-2007, 10:13 AM
The Wilson label is not correct for 1977-note the registed mark near the bottom of the N, as opposed to the top.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

reed1216
05-18-2007, 03:31 AM
Is the seller the infamous provider of the questionable Jamarcus Russell jersey? I noticed that they're both from New Orleans...

guDon
05-18-2007, 11:34 AM
The New orleans seller has mentioned having Brett jerseys that passed MEARS. Maybe it is the same guy.

soobie23
06-03-2007, 01:15 PM
I actually bid on this jersey (right before I found this site) and won. After seeing the information posted here, I had some doubts, but figured if it was real I got it cheap. After five days, I had not heard from the seller. I went ahead and paid, and sent the seller a message, stating that payment had sent, and asking if there was any documentation to go with the jersey. Still nothing until today, when I received a message from Paypal, stating:

"Message From Seller:
jersey was listed incorrectly with a quantity of 3 and sold for the bid of the 3rd highest bidder. The jersey will be relisted correctly. sorry for the error in listing. thanks "

The initial listing stated that there was only one jersey available. I believe there were two higher bids that were retracted. My guess is the seller expected to get more for the jersey, and decided to back out of the deal.

Gary

Nathan
06-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I think this is the same guy who's had a "Mark Messier" Oilers jersey as well as a Messier Apollos jersey. Of course, the Apollos having the wrong number wasn't a deterrant.

kcrhino
06-04-2007, 07:20 PM
This one smelled from the get-go. When I e-mailed the seller, he said there was only one jersey available. Then he said there were three. Right. Thanks to the knowledgable folks on this site I stayed away. Keep an eye on this guy in the future.