PDA

View Full Version : Lelands Posada World Series Game Used Bat!!1

suave1477
05-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Dear Members I know this is a little late but I would like peoples opimions on this bat.

I am not saying it is fake.

Just would like to point out a few things.

I am a big Posada fan so I have followed many of Posadas charecteristics when it comes to using his bats.

1) He is a super heavy Pine Tar guy (signature trait)(with out taping)
2) Very rarily does he tape the handles
3) Funny thing is from time to time he has taped his handles (whether he does it himself or has someone do it, i dont know) he has it taped tight round and round or I have seen criss cross.
4) Enrique Wilson used a lot of Posada bats and Wilson was big on taping his handles so must Posadas bats will be considered Enrique Wilson Used bats.
5) So if you see a Posada bat with taped handle does not mean it is a Wilson Used bat, statistically it most likely was.

Here is my thing the Lelands Posada bat shows a Criss Cross taping which I found one clear shot of Posada during the World Series it was a taped bat but wasnt criss crossed.
Does anyone think this might be a possible Enrique Wilson Used bat????

I am just curious on other members thoughts???

http://www.lelands.com/bid.aspx?auctionid=704&lot=533

GameBats
05-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Posada tapes his handles 99% of the time. I wouldn't purchase one without a taped handle. It's hard to notice due to the thick pine tar application. Thick pine tar is a must!

The World Series bat (If used during the World Series) should have gold ball marks consistent with the World Series logo.

metsbats
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I owned a 2003 Posada unused WS bat with no tape or use. I sold it sometime last year as such, When I saw the Leland Posada I thought the rack marks on the front look very similar to the one i sold. Now that Suave opened this read after the fact let me know what your opinions are.

I'm sure it's just my eyes playing tricks on my and the small photos that lelands has on their website does not help.

David

GameBats
05-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I believe the bat is a gamer. Used during the World Series? Doubtful.

BULBUS
05-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I agree with Gamebats, Jorge tapes his bats most of the time. I wouldnt buy one without tape either. However, the tape job in the Lelands auction looks a little fishy. Jorges tape is usually thinner. I have attached a handle photo from a Posada bat I got from Steiner.