PDA

View Full Version : Shouldn't We be Taping ....

Swoboda4
05-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Most of our discussions are based on authentication issues, "Is it real"? Does any member tape or record games of the team/player he collects to make the process of documentation easier? I have Met games taped from 1985 and the process of determining whats real is made quite simple.Anybody else doing the same?
Robert

gwh11
05-20-2007, 07:14 PM
This is an excellent point. An extensive video library can be extremely helpful in identifying a genuine gamer, as well as in determining frauds. For Packers stuff, I tape it all--wins, losses, preseason. You never know when the footage will come in handy. In researching older NFL jerseys, those classic NFL Films team highlights, This Week in Pro Football, and NFL Game of the Week reruns from ESPN classic can be useful. A surprising number of actual NFL t.v. broadcasts from the '70s can be found these days.
Guy

kingjammy24
05-22-2007, 06:51 PM
for me, it's a case of hindsight being 20/20. i wish i had taped games from way back. too late now though. i know jeff scott tapes every cardinals game. smart thinking on his end. i wish i had been that smart.

old regular season games seem almost impossible to find. where are you finding 1985 regular season mets games?

i'd love to have some 1991 jays regular season games on either vhs or dvd. especially sunny home games with the roof open. mm i can already smell the mickey d's and hotdogs wafting through the air. i have the 92/93 world series tapes but those are just highlights. mlb recently started issuing "collectors edition" dvd collections for certain world series' which show entire games. i'm hoping they do a collector's edition for the 92 and 93 world series. until then, i don't know where i can get old, complete, regular season games. i didn't think of taping them back then :(
if anyone collects current jerseys, i'd advise them to tape as many games as they can. you'll be glad you did later on. dvd recorders are cheap now anyway.

rudy.