PDA

View Full Version : Tim Raines Expos gamer on EBay...

reed1216
05-21-2007, 01:53 AM
Does anyone have any opinions on this??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110128138228&rd=1&rd=1

I couldn't match the tagging with anything, but I was hoping some of the experts could give their thoughts as to whether or not its legit. Thanks.

suave1477
05-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Well the fact that he says the inside tagging is Raines High School football number is hysterical lmaooooooooooo:D

I would be worried about this Jersey if the seller is saying its his High school football Jersey #

hblakewolf
05-21-2007, 05:20 PM
Suave-are you not comfortable with this particular jersey based on the tagging?

Based on my experience and other Expos knits, this is the correct style tagging used by the Expos from 1982-1985.

If I collected Raines or Expos knits, this would be a shirt of interest.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Howard what do you mean am I not comfortable with the tagging?

I never said anything about the actual tagging I just found it funny that the seller said the tagging was Tim Raines Football # from high school.
I looked up it up there is no record of Tim Raines ever even playing Football in high school let alone have a Football number.
Although he did play high school baseball I would highly doubt he would have 84 as his number in high school.

reed1216
05-22-2007, 01:08 AM
I would imagine that that 84 refers to the year of issue, which would fit the range suggested by Howard.

hblakewolf
05-22-2007, 06:12 AM
Howard what do you mean am I not comfortable with the tagging?

I never said anything about the actual tagging I just found it funny that the seller said the tagging was Tim Raines Football # from high school.
I looked up it up there is no record of Tim Raines ever even playing Football in high school let alone have a Football number.
Although he did play high school baseball I would highly doubt he would have 84 as his number in high school.

Suave-
I have no idea what you are referencing about a high school football jersey, however, fellow Forum reader Reed is seeking info about this particular shirt. As noted, the tagging looks good and it would make a nice addition to an Expos or Raines collection.

As many collectors are aware, the Expos often sent their jerseys to their minor league teams, and as such, the condition of these 1980's jerseys is usually pretty rough. Likewise, they often added a nameplate over the existing name on back, leaving an outline when the plate is removed to expose the original name. If this particular shirt was spared fromt the minors, it's a nice find.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

suave1477
05-22-2007, 08:48 AM
Howard thats because you jumped into the topic a little late.....

The seller had in his description that the inside tagging which says 84 was put there by Tim Raines because it was Tim Raines Jersey # and Lucky # when he played Football in high school.

That is what I was referring too since this thread was put up I contacted the seller and told him that it is not what the tagging is and he replied back saying after getting my email he removed it forom the description.

hblakewolf
05-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Suave-

Understood, as the description for the jersey reads "REVISED", I never saw this.

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

ALWAYS BUYING PORTLAND BEAVERS, MAVERICKS, AND PHILLIES JERSEYS