PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Reggie Jackson Game Used Angels Jersey.

suave1477
05-21-2007, 10:41 AM
Hello Members,

I am being offered a 1983 Road Reggie Jacskon Angels Jersey.

As Angels or Jackson is not my expertise can anyone help me with some basic info on these Jerseys.

I do not have pics as it was shown to me in person.

But I can say by looking at it in person looks pretty good to be a gamer

All I can say it was made by Goodman.

Can anyone else tell me if this is correct?
Or what was Jacksons size at this time?
Any thing special I should keep an eye out for for these Jerseys like patches or special fonts or arching of letters?
What would be a tell tale sign of a fake Jackson Angels Jersey?

Any help at all is appreciated!!

reed1216
05-21-2007, 02:02 PM
Wasn't there a thread regarding several early 1980 Angels jerseys that were produced to be gamers from star players such as Jackson, Carew, etc?? If I'm not mistaken, Lon Lewis commented that he avoids Goodman road Angels game worn jerseys from star players for that reason. I don't have time right now to relocate the thread, so I apologize in advance if I am mixing up information. I would definately search for the thread I am referring to before you complete the deal. Perhaps other experts in this area can also comment...

reed1216
05-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Here is the thread I was referring to...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=7088&page=2&highlight=angels+jackson

I apologize for mixing a few things up. Lon Lewis did comment on the thread I posted, but forum member 012562 made the statement regarding the 1980s road Goodman Angel jerseys being produced in quantity and sold as game used. I apologize again.

suave1477
05-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Reed I appreciate your help I did find the thread and it was interesteing.

I just spoke with the guy and he said it is a Size 48.

Now that it makes any huge difference but it comes from a collection from the Owner of one of the Top Coin collector authenticators in the U.S.

Yes I know coins and Jerseys are 2 different things but I would think he might have an edge on knowing its real????

camarokids
05-22-2007, 03:36 PM
A two-fer , a pic of his jersey and bat at the same time . Hope these pics are good enough to help you ! date of mag may 2, 1983 . I know I should have others if not .

camarokids
05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Crap ! *&%$ ! Did I screw up ? I realized now your looking for a road not home . I have to look some more....or did I get it right?

suave1477
05-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Camaro I appreciate the help every little bit counts.