PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck's crimes against humanity

worldchamps
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
http://www.beckett.com/estore/news/?eskin=beckett&a=8293&s=1

Upper Deck set to destroy Dice K jersey.

skipcareyisfat
05-23-2007, 10:25 AM
worldchamps, I hear what you're saying. But who cares if they shred a Matsuzaka shirt? He'll probably end up wearing 25 more this year anyway. It's not like it's a Gehrig flannel. (Now that's a crime.) Think of it as population control for the mass-produced modern gamer.
Justa my two cents.
-Jason

jon_8_us
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
worldchamps, I hear what you're saying. But who cares if they shred a Matsuzaka shirt? He'll probably end up wearing 25 more this year anyway. It's not like it's a Gehrig flannel. (Now that's a crime.) Think of it as population control for the mass-produced modern gamer.
Justa my two cents.
-Jason

A Gehrig it is not but it is his very first Sox jersey which is a shame!
jon

sylbry
05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't see where it said it was his first Red Sox jersey, rather his "first Red Sox jersey card."

skipcareyisfat
05-23-2007, 11:55 AM
I don't see where it said it was his first Red Sox jersey, rather his "first Red Sox jersey card."

That's what I got out of it too. Something tells me his first one's still safe....for now. :eek: :eek:

David
05-23-2007, 01:41 PM
When he was going for home run #500, Rafael Palmeiro said he changed uniforms every inning. As he you might guess, he was designated hitter. If he was playing first base he would have had to wear nine uniforms at once.

jon_8_us
05-23-2007, 03:51 PM
That's what I got out of it too. Something tells me his first one's still safe....for now. :eek: :eek:

You guys are right.I misread it.Still a bleepin shame to destroy any nice jersey like that!
jon

MooseDog
05-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Well it wouldn't surprise me if there are several other people who claim to have Dice-K's "first Sox jersey" these days.